Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 18:08   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Hey! mkerala, that was supposed to be a Joke!!!!

Has anyone felt that the accelerator pedal shakes sideways. Or is it only on my car.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:09   #1712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

Yes absolutely. + OT's - like below one

@mkerala - Regarding Insurance, the vehicle is insured with its model details, Chassis No & Engine no. Vehicle Invoice, Form 20/21, photos, Proof of address (now very limited documents are only supported) are taken up by the agent for registration. Once the vehicle is moved out of the Dealer, it is fully insured.
This helps for total claim if something happens on the way to RTO.
If temp regn is done, then the vehicle can be used for 30 days. For permanent registration (which can be done after temp registration paper is received which will take 2 to 3 days), all the above and the temp registration paper have to be submitted. If 30 days have crossed then a penalty amount is charged. I repeat Fancy nos cannot be picked by bribing - everything computerized and is allotted alphabetically - you may be lucky if it comes on its own. Generally this is how it is done in TN, do not have any idea about other states.
Pl make sure you have all the photostat copies of the docs in your car always.
Cops are keen to pick newbies .
I TD ed Figo petrol - not very poor as expected. Not peppy like Santro etc..
5-6k per year is very low. I think your engine will not see its full power during its tenure with you.
Thank you very much. I think kairali is bringing vehicle from Cochin with temp registration.

Here in Kerala fancy number has high demand in every RTO and hence they are placed for auction or charged premium amount.

Do i need to go for security number plates? What are the other unexpected expense will come after delivery?
Old 9th April 2010, 18:11   #1713
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hey! mkerala, that was supposed to be a Joke!!!!

Has anyone felt that the accelerator pedal shakes sideways. Or is it only on my car.
Ok then its time for me to apply to competition companies for commission.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:11   #1714
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
As far as petrol engine goes, I believe if he can afford that extra 50K, he would go in for the Swift, while for the diesel, he would go for the Figo.
We just need to wait another 3-4 months to see what Indian customers prefer. Swift P or Figo P

Swit P
-----
FE
Maruti A**
Established product
Rear power windows

Figo P
------
Cheaper
Better AC
More spacious
Better build quality
More features
Bigger boot
Better ride, handling
Figo diesel sales will have a good effect on the Figo P, as well
Old 9th April 2010, 18:18   #1715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I told my colleague your Squeeze is on the way. Neither Ford nor the dealer has updated him on the status of his car yet. He is planning to land up there at 5 pm today and create a ruckus when the maximum number of prospective customers would be around.

The DTE is conservative. Use only the tankful to tankful method for FE calculation. And stop filling at the auto cutoff point and don't put in more fuel by shaking the car like those cab drivers.
Seems like he is going to do terrorist attack there at peak time. Hope he won't hurt the customers.

Tell him to call up the customer care to get his status.

Here i see petrol bunk fillers do that when i order a tankful, so that he can round the number to skip giving change.

Last edited by mkerala : 9th April 2010 at 18:21.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:22   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
We just need to wait another 3-4 months to see what Indian customers prefer. Swift P or Figo P
It would be futile to compare numbers directly as Maruti has ~700 dealerships which they were able to build up during their monopoly days and Ford has ~150. A normalized comparison would be interesting.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:25   #1717
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Read somewhere that Fiesta/Figo a/c is double the cubic capacity compared to others in the category and even a segment above. Does this better/powerful a/c have a say in the final FE? I don't mind trading a couple of kms in FE to get a more comfortable atmosphere inside.
What negatively affects the FE figures of figo are:

1) Extra cool AC
2) Big Tyres 175/65 R14
3) 1100 Kgs of weight <------ Touch the metal on it & you will know
4) Engine always encouraging the driver to rev it to the redline & run flat on the corners for that engaging & fun drive.

Think its a waste? Go for some other brands guys.

PS - This post is for every one. Not targeted towards you sanjay , Just took your question though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I have got the Apollos. And from day 1 i have had a feeling that the car puls towards right, though its very slightly. I thought i might just be feeling it and its because of the road. More over i moved on from FIAT to get over this "visiting the service centre for every other issue" kind of thing so i decided to let it be. Its just a minute pull towards the left. Not a hard pull like if you leave the steering it just turns left. The car very slowly starts moving towards left. I'm still not sure if its bout the roads or if there really is an issue.

Mustang. Can we know if there really is a problem using the VIN number? Else how do i confirm if there is a problem or if its normal. If there is a known problem why is ford not calling back owners for a check up?

Gemi, I think your car is developing these problems due to the tires, Get them changed ASAP to goodyear GT3s, I dont have a series of VIN nos. of the particular cars fitted with apollo's. I believe your car delivery was before march 31st so it is quite likely that your car has those defective apollo tires,
I think service staff would be of more help here. Call up customer care & ask them the series & tell them about this. I am following your ownership thread too & thus i sincerely advice to get your rubber changed free of cost.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:30   #1718
BANNED

Why is ford giving tyres of apollo and good year at random? Why can't they settle at one brand for one ford? Why is MRF not on offer? In past i have seen MRF was famous in fords.

Is all parts of figo like this? Multiple parts from multiple companies.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:34   #1719
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Why is ford giving tyres of apollo and good year at random? Why can't they settle at one brand for one ford? Why is MRF not on offer? In past i have seen MRF was famous in fords.

Is all parts of figo like this? Multiple parts from multiple companies.

Contract with MRF is not there for figo. Maybe not there for any ford cars now.

Contract was done with apollo only when ford india realized that goodyear supplies are going to be slower than figo production. So they approved Apollo for the first time, BIG MISTAKE! nowadays figoes are only coming with goodyear GT3s.

NO all parts of figo are not like that as they are produced in ample quantity by the company but our company does not make tires, hence the problem.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 9th April 2010 at 18:38.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:35   #1720
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang: Does this mean that all Figos are getting their Apollo's replaced with Goodyears?
Old 9th April 2010, 18:37   #1721
BANNED

I cant confirm you this as its not to my full knowledge, But currently the figos are coming with GT3s only, Probably the contract with apollo is now terminated ( to be confirmed)
Old 9th April 2010, 18:38   #1722
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes Sanjay...
FE will be more or less the same with autocutoff or to the brim. But do you really need sloshing space. Will it not get created if you drive 10-20kms.
Sometimes the auto cutoff is not accurate if the pump man fills fast, and the fuel retaliates hits the needle inside the nozzle enabling the auto cut off.
But more or less the FE will be consistent.
Can someone explain the auto cut off? Is it in our car or the bunk guys? How it works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Contract with MRF is not there for figo. Maybe not there for any ford cars now.

Contract was done with apollo only when ford india realized that goodyear supplies are going to be slower than figo production. So they approved Apollo for the first time, BIG MISTAKE! nowadays figoes are only coming with goodyear GT3s.

NO all parts of figo are not like that as they are produced in ample quantity by the company but our company does not make tires, hence the problem.
I saw MRF in the recent limited edition fiesta. Hope mine is good year.

Last edited by mkerala : 9th April 2010 at 18:41.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:47   #1723
BHPian

The Auto cut off feature is in the nozzle. There is a small open air outlet in the nozzle, as soon as the air supply gets cut off(due to the fuel reaching upto the nozzle), the fuel pumping stops. But the fuel has crossed the meter and is residing in the pipe. This excess fuel goes back to the main tank.

Best approach is to estimate the litres of fuel and ask him to enter in his keypad. Therby there is no cutoff and you know that you have paid for the exact amount of fuel.

I hope all recent Figo's come out in MRF. Also better to tell the dealer at the showroom to swap the tires. One more point in the PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Can someone explain the auto cut off? Is it in our car or the bunk guys? How it works?

I saw MRF in the recent limited edition fiesta. Hope mine is good year.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:51   #1724
BANNED

@ brix Goodyear GT3s are quite good & even better than the indian brands, My fusion has them & they are much better than the indian brands. I hope all figos come out in GT3s only.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:52   #1725
BANNED

@Mustang: I think i have a couple of question to be asked.

1. How does this DTE actually calculate the distance?

2. What are the quality testing carried out on each figo before it is sent out from factory?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks