Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 23:38   #1771
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Also I forgot to add about Air conditioner cooling. I went in afternoon and temperature was around 40 above I think. I had around 10 mins test drive and the AC failed to chill and it was pretty much struggling to cool. I made that point to the salesman and he nodded to me. I am not sure if it was only in that test drive car that AC was not cooling much or its just like that. I used it at 3rd blower level.
This is because of the following reason.

1. You where only for 10 minutes in the car.

2. The car was in sun and was at noon.

3. The A/C was at 3rd position. You must put it at 5 and then reduce when you are chilled. 5 gives more cooling.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:41   #1772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Apollo and goodyear are decidedly downmarket and one of the cheapest tyre that money can buy in India. Wonder why Ford had to dilute its brand equity by using them as OEM? Even TATA manza rides on Bridgestone tubeless rubber these days!!
I dont know why you are saying this.
The Figo comes with Goodyear GT3 which are OK tyres. They are not the best and not the worst !

Quote:
Fuel Economy
The new Goodyear GT3 summer tyre is the first tyre on the market to use BioTRED technology. Its use has resulted in a reduction in rolling resistance of about 20 percent, as well as a decrease in the weight of the tyre itself. Combined, these features lead to a significant improvement in fuel consumption. Tests have shown a decrease in fuel consumption of up to 5% (compared to GT2). This means that after 40,000 kilometres, the driver of a car equipped with GT3 tyres will already have saved the equivalent of two
new tyres.
Quote:
The Goodyear GT3 also boasts improved grip and steering ability, an anti-aquaplaning profile, and low noise levels.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:44   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
3. The A/C was at 3rd position. You must put it at 5 and then reduce when you are chilled. 5 gives more cooling.
You sure there is a 5 in the Figo? It goes only till 4 in the Fiesta and it becomes like an igloo in about 10 minutes in position 3.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:52   #1774
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You sure there is a 5 in the Figo? It goes only till 4 in the Fiesta and it becomes like an igloo in about 10 minutes in position 3.
I see 0 1 2 3 4 and a fan symbol. I think it is five or full speed. Don't know exactly, i saw the same on a fiat uno years back. Some figo owners please confirm the use of fan symbol.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford_figo_08-2.jpg  

Old 9th April 2010, 23:55   #1775
Senior - BHPian

mkerala, it's a 4 speed blower. Same as in the Fiesta.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:56   #1776
Senior - BHPian

Nope just 4 positions! That symbol is to show that this knob operates the fan controls.
Old 10th April 2010, 08:39   #1777
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Pardon my ignorance guys,How can the tyre brand change solve an issue like this?Figo is not the first car to use Apollo tyres. Are we missing something here?
Apollo has supplied a batch of defective tires to ford india. The problem seems to come after driving the new car for 30 kms or so & keeps getting worse till the tires are changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Mustang, is there any way of knowing the sales breakup of the Figo during March. I'm keen to know the sales of the petrol viz-a-viz the diesel. I would also be interested in the variant-wise breakup. I suspect that the LXI versions may have had the least takers.
I cant give you the nos. as i dont know them myself, But petrol accounts for almost 50% sales of the figo.

The top selling variant is EXi followed by titanium followed by zxi & followed by LXi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Apollo and goodyear are decidedly downmarket and one of the cheapest tyre that money can buy in India. Wonder why Ford had to dilute its brand equity by using them as OEM? Even TATA manza rides on Bridgestone tubeless rubber these days!!
You say goodyear is downmarket, I think out of JKtyres,apollo,MRF & bridgestone, Goodyears is much much better than all 4 of these.

However goodyears are not as good as michelin,yokos,pirelli & continentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo_fan View Post
Is everything fine with the Sea Grey color? I am planning to book one tomorrow. I read about some issues with the Sea Grey colour some time back. Just wanted to check if all that is resolved now.
Yes, the issues have been resolved now.

@mkerala : It is a 4 speed blower.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 10th April 2010 at 08:43.
Old 10th April 2010, 08:55   #1778
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@mkerala -Nothing more. Sun films, polish, accessories are extra. As gilead said, if you wish - tip security guys, attenders
Do you still think that we work at office
I think brix has explained. Just watch after getting down at the fuel station. You would come to know. Better get down and go near the pump for fuelling. Lets not be lazy and give chances for pump man to faulter.

@ sameer -I am 6.2" and positioned the seat well. No problem for me at all. I think you need to pull back. Almost most of figo owners/buyers are taller here in the forum

@mustang - Seen figo with MRF ZVTS. When enquired with a Tyre company sales rep long back he explained - Indian made tires are bit hard because we are concerned about mileage and normally drive at decent speeds. All foreign brands are used in Freeways/expressways where road grip is very important and hence the softness seen more in the rubber. Are you sure that Figo's will be delivered by Goodyear or can ask my dealer to give Good year only.

- Lot of FE queries in Figo - Is its gearbox playing the spoilsport here. Even in GTO has mentioned in review that "Either engine is lacking in outright performance. Neither engine can exploit the car's dynamics" - Not sure - my mere apprehension.

Last edited by RGK : 10th April 2010 at 08:56. Reason: spelling
Old 10th April 2010, 08:58   #1779
RGK
Senior - BHPian

+1 Vista Quadra guy called me yesterday and says 5.25 OTR for Vista Aura Quadrajet + some accessories... Is this due to Figo effect...
Old 10th April 2010, 09:22   #1780
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

Yes, the issues have been resolved now.
But still no one has got it. Everybody where force to change color by the dealer.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:25   #1781
BANNED

@RGK : you can tell your dealer to give you goodyears

@mkerala : I know 2 people who got their sea greys last week
Old 10th April 2010, 09:39   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Yes the tyres were apollo. Two other cars also had tyre change. First they tried wheel alignment but it did not fix the problem. They tried Goodyear and that fixed the problem.
It seems to have been a big deal as Regional manager, Ford engineers and even the other dealer(Talera Ford) from Pune was involved in the whole process. My car is from Planet Ford.
You can certainly mention about this being a known problem with known solution. And they can check with Ford too.
Are you guys getting all the 5 tyres changed or just 4?
Old 10th April 2010, 09:43   #1783
BANNED

@gemi : All 5 are being changed
Old 10th April 2010, 09:48   #1784
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@gemi : All 5 are being changed
What if I am going to get Apollo? Should insist on dealer to change it?
Old 10th April 2010, 09:52   #1785
BANNED

Tell him now only to replace your tyres with any of the other figos, if those tyres are indeed apollo, but i guess you will get goodyear only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks