Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 15:23   #2581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

- The Petrol as it is doesn't give exceptional FE, so sales will suffer for that model in the long run once word gets out.
even then the beneficiary would be Ford..
just like how every car manufacturer/ seller doesn't want his lowest spec base variant to outsell it's higher/mid spec variants, Ford would be very happy if customers opt for the diesel TDci over the petrol as it carries a 1 lakh premium over it's petrol sibling.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:04   #2582
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
4. Will the red Engine Immobilizer icon flash constantly. How do I deactivate it in case if I am not using the car for 4 weeks?
Yes. There is no easy way to disable that. The best way would be to remove the battery terminals.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:32   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
4. Will the red Engine Immobilizer icon flash constantly. How do I deactivate it in case if I am not using the car for 4 weeks?
The beeping icon depicts the systems ready status in case of a theft involving hot-wiring the car, in which case it would immobilize the engine.

Why would you want to deactivate it? I think disconnecting the battery may do that, but do ask your mechanic before that.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:34   #2584
BHPian

2nd tank full

My Second fuel update:

Drive: 100% city with approx 75% a/c:
distance & terrain: Daily 21+21kms along 4 flyover/underpass contruction zones and right thru city. nr colony->south-end->forum->agara->sj-pur jn->belandur->Intel->kadbeesanahalli & back.

In the evenings, The strech has one major zone of approx 8 kms where it's like crawl for 30 seconds-stop for 1 min->crawl for 30 seconds and stop for 1 min. Then the final home stretch of 2.5 kms with max speed of 30kms thru market area.

791kms - 324kms = 467 / 35.1 ltrs = 13.3kmpl. I think its pretty cool. [again same pump]
So it means, my highway milage is close to 20, will come soon with a pure highway run.

BTW, Could somebody post Ford customer care number ? My SA has asked me to bring the car to check on the thermostat switch (it slips back to vertical position & then there is no a/c colling when it happens) and I want to ensure there is a Ford side some tracking for it.

Cheers,

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 24th May 2010 at 20:37.
Old 24th May 2010, 21:35   #2585
BHPian

Mods please delete if OT.

I heard that in some cars like the Fiat G Punto MJD the ECU is re-programmed after the first service and the torque characteristics and mileage improve. Is this True? ..and does the Ford do the same thing with the Figo?
Old 24th May 2010, 21:37   #2586

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post

BTW, Could somebody post Ford customer care number ? My SA has asked me to bring the car to check on the thermostat switch (it slips back to vertical position & then there is no a/c colling when it happens) and I want to ensure there is a Ford side some tracking for it.
The Ford Customer Care number is : 1800 425 2500 (Toll Free)
Old 24th May 2010, 21:49   #2587
BHPian

Has anybody done underbody coating and teflon coating for the figo? The prices quoted by ford 3700 and 4200 respectively seems too high to me.Since Figo is new on the market, i am just a bit apprehensive about doing these things outside.
Old 24th May 2010, 21:49   #2588
BHPian

Hi folks,
Just heard from Lathangi guys that Ford is planning to hike the prices on the Figo by about 3% (on ex-showroom prices) (roughly by about 20-25K in Bangalore), with effect from 1st of June 2010. I'm trying my best to haggle around and convince them to deliver my car before 31st May to avoid the impending price increase. Any suggestions on how to avoid this folks? I have booked my car on 16th of May and I have even told the sales consultant that I'm ready to pay the full amount in cash if they are able to give me 'price protection' of any sort. They are saying that they are expecting the next lot of cars during this week (hopefully!) or in the first week of June (sigh!). Just keeping my fingers crossed as of now....

Can any of you pls. confirm whether this impending price hike from Ford is true or not? Any suggestions/ideas/advice in this regard?
Old 24th May 2010, 21:59   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Has anybody done underbody coating and teflon coating for the figo? The prices quoted by ford 3700 and 4200 respectively seems too high to me.Since Figo is new on the market, i am just a bit apprehensive about doing these things outside.

same query i`m facing dear vishnu.

i`m suppose to recieve my figo by end of this month.
it`s already in transit as told to me by the GM of bhavna ford.

i`ve already attached Ford`s Fog lamps for Figo costing 4500 rupees, would also like to know how much one should pay for an underbody rust treatment from a company like waxoyl or 3m ?

also will it be necessary to opt for paint protection for a white Figo ??

i mean, once a rust treatment done and the paint protection done, how much time would i be able to leave peacefully without getting tensed about the same again !

warm regards

kindly help with the queries bhpians
Old 24th May 2010, 22:49   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
well this is not quite the biggest flaw, but surely an irritant:-

On using the USB cable to connect to a pen drive for songs, we can NOT browse through the file names or folder names to select the songs !!
Only folder numbers are displayed and we have to chose from that. The file name is displayed only when the number is chosen to be played.
Other figoians - do you have similar experiences?
That's quite disappointing - the music system was praised to the skies! Ford has not been sensible with the USB feature. Even a no-name Chinese set in my car has excellent Bluetooth capability, and the USB player identifies folders, album and song names and numbers.
Old 24th May 2010, 23:15   #2591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Bumpers!! The only reason why I did not go for it.
Rear windows go only half way down.
The only reason I dint go for it.
Old 24th May 2010, 23:25   #2592
BHPian

People : Can anybody explain about the warranty / extended warranty documents for the figo? My dealer said that I would receive all warranty related documents directly from the company at my house address. However, I am yet to receive any warranty papers whatsover from ford. They said it takes about a month, so should I wait before I get them or are they trying to pull a faster one on me?
Any feedback on the this figo owners from other parts of the country?
Old 24th May 2010, 23:39   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Waxoyl paint protection and underbody coating were individually around 3500 and combined package at 4950. This was at Cauvery Ford, Mangalore.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:32   #2594

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
People : Can anybody explain about the warranty / extended warranty documents for the figo? My dealer said that I would receive all warranty related documents directly from the company at my house address. However, I am yet to receive any warranty papers whatsover from ford. They said it takes about a month, so should I wait before I get them or are they trying to pull a faster one on me?
Any feedback on the this figo owners from other parts of the country?
Yes, I received the warranty / extended warranty documents in my mail last week. It's been 5 weeks since I took delivery the car. Suggest wait for a week and then give them a call to follow up on this.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:39   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat7 View Post
Yes, I received the warranty / extended warranty documents in my mail last week. It's been 5 weeks since I took delivery the car. Suggest wait for a week and then give them a call to follow up on this.
Yes me to. It is almost a month now and i have not received the docs. I may have to check with the dealer!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks