Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 10:05   #7171
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
My 3 month old Figo TDCi has done about 1700 and odd kms. Planning for a 600km road trip to Valparai and back, this weekend. This being my Figo's first road trip, what is a safe top speed that I can hit? At my first service, the SA advised to go gentle on the engine till I cover 2500 on the odo. Just trying to put a figure to that gentleness.
I agree with HIgh Octane. Going upto 2500rpm is definitely ok. Higher than that is avoidable. Also as you know rule no 1 of running in an engine is not to consistently stick to 1 speed for long period of time. So you can vary engine rpm between 2000-2500rpm which will result in about 80-100kmph. I had done my first highway trip of ~600kms with just 700km on ODO and thats what i did. I avoided crossing 2500rpm till about 5000km.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 12:51   #7172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusser1 View Post
Hi Guys

Any advise for a good service center in Bombay? Also my car is completing 20,000 kms this month. Can you suggest any accessories or upgrades I could consider?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have also "lost" / "sacrificed" my mud flaps to Ford India's perfect design sense :-(
I think I can try to answer the second part of your query above, which actually is a very open ended question. But still, in terms of upgrades & depending upon the ones that you haven't got yet, you could look at alloy wheels, seat covers, projectors or maybe even a tuning box. There are a plethora of upgrades that you can do to your car today, but it's you who has to decide where you wanna put your money at.

As for the mud flaps, a lot of Bhpians here have mentioned about those soft flaps. The only downside is that they have to be screwed instead of being held in place by those clips that Ford provides along with their standard hard flaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
My 3 month old Figo TDCi has done about 1700 and odd kms. Planning for a 600km road trip to Valparai and back, this weekend. This being my Figo's first road trip, what is a safe top speed that I can hit? At my first service, the SA advised to go gentle on the engine till I cover 2500 on the odo. Just trying to put a figure to that gentleness.
I would concur with what "supertinu" has said; do not stick to a single speed. Keep varying it & I would rather not look at the tacho or speedo. Just drive the car by listening to it & I can assure that you would know when its getting strained & when its not.

Have a safe drive on your trip.
blackfire_9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 13:17   #7173

[quote=blackfire_9;2892161]I think I can try to answer the second part of your query above, which actually is a very open ended question. But still, in terms of upgrades & depending upon the ones that you haven't got yet, you could look at alloy wheels, seat covers, projectors or maybe even a tuning box. There are a plethora of upgrades that you can do to your car today, but it's you who has to decide where you wanna put your money at.

As for the mud flaps, a lot of Bhpians here have mentioned about those soft flaps. The only downside is that they have to be screwed instead of being held in place by those clips that Ford provides along with their standard hard flaps.

Sorry for the ambiguous question I really want to go ahead with getting the headlamps done but I am a little concerned about the warranty issues that may follow considering I have had bad experiences with my SC and their "level of support"

Any ideas how this maybe bypassed Most people who have risked voiding their warranty and I want to treat that as the last resort.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 4th September 2012, 13:23   #7174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
I would concur with what "supertinu" has said; do not stick to a single speed. Keep varying it & I would rather not look at the tacho or speedo. Just drive the car by listening to it & I can assure that you would know when its getting strained & when its not.
IMO one need to cultivate habit of looking at rpm and speedometer atleast when the car is new. During my 850kms highway drive, I wanted to be within 100kmph, but once when I looked into speedo, it was nearing 140kmph on NH4, such is tdci that I did not know it was doing this speed by engine noise or through steering.
Old 4th September 2012, 21:16   #7175
BHPian

Here is my Figo seats, done @ Jeewajee Anna nagar, Chennai.
Brand Art Skin, Cost 10k, including additional GSport pure leather steering grip.

Sorry for the quality of the picture taken from my BB :(

Comments are welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-seat1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-seat2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-seat3.jpg  

Old 4th September 2012, 23:49   #7176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT
Brand Art Skin, Cost 10k, including additional GSport pure leather steering grip.

Comments are welcome
The fit and finish is really good, but the price seems to be on higher side. Did they add any additional cusions on the seat ?

The colour seems to match for silver car, but I would say its the next best colour for black on a silver car.
Old 5th September 2012, 08:53   #7177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
The fit and finish is really good, but the price seems to be on higher side. Did they add any additional cusions on the seat ?

The colour seems to match for silver car, but I would say its the next best colour for black on a silver car.
Thanks for the comment. Yes black will be the opt color for a silver car and i guess this color goes really well in a white car. I just want to try different this time (My previous car was a silver car with black seat).

I opt for the high grade in Artskin and custom pattern. But yes the price is bit on the higher side. No additional cushion added.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:18   #7178
BHPian

Hi,

I am having some issue with pairing my HTC Wildfire with the Headunit of my Figo. When I pair my phone with the HU, it pairs well. But, sometimes I am able to hear the voice of the person on the other end of the call - but the other person is not able to hear me. This issue occurs sometimes, not always. At other times, everything works perfectly fine. Also, even if everything is working fine - after some time, even though the phone is paired with the HU I still get the message "PAIR HTC WILDFIRE - Yes/No" and I am not able to pair it. I have to follow the complete procedure of deleting the device from the memory and pairing again.

The behavior has been very erratic of late.

Has anybody faced similar issues with the HU in their FIGO? Is there a way I can Reset the HU to factory settings and see if it helps?

I wish to try out everything before taking it to the SC. I really do not think they will be of any help as the standard reply would be that my phone's bluetooth is not supported. Because, even earlier when everything used to work just fine I was not able to access the phone's address book, use the sms feature of the Head Unit.

Thanks!
Old 5th September 2012, 14:23   #7179

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi,

I am having some issue with pairing my HTC Wildfire with the Headunit of my Figo. When I pair my phone with the HU, it pairs well. But, sometimes I am able to hear the voice of the person on the other end of the call - but the other person is not able to hear me. This issue occurs sometimes, not always. At other times, everything works perfectly fine. Also, even if everything is working fine - after some time, even though the phone is paired with the HU I still get the message "PAIR HTC WILDFIRE - Yes/No" and I am not able to pair it. I have to follow the complete procedure of deleting the device from the memory and pairing again.

The behavior has been very erratic of late.

Has anybody faced similar issues with the HU in their FIGO? Is there a way I can Reset the HU to factory settings and see if it helps?

I wish to try out everything before taking it to the SC. I really do not think they will be of any help as the standard reply would be that my phone's bluetooth is not supported. Because, even earlier when everything used to work just fine I was not able to access the phone's address book, use the sms feature of the Head Unit.

Thanks!
I have two suggestions. Please could you add Ford Figo to your devices paired list / safe list etc. Also my SC guy said that the HU also acts strange if you pair too many phones with it Please refer to the manual for the HU and delete any non required devices. I think this may help.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:39   #7180
BHPian

My Figo diesel has crossed 40k km recently. I am facing a strange problem nowadays in gearbox.
Sometimes the gear changing feels very hard rubbery and needs some extra power to shift it. And sometimes it feels very normal. So I am not getting the root of this problem.
Has anybody feels same here?
Old 5th September 2012, 15:22   #7181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusser1 View Post
I have two suggestions. Please could you add Ford Figo to your devices paired list / safe list etc. Also my SC guy said that the HU also acts strange if you pair too many phones with it Please refer to the manual for the HU and delete any non required devices. I think this may help.
Yes, I have added Figo to the paired list of my phone(it automatically does that when you pair it). And I have just one phone paired with my HU.
Old 5th September 2012, 15:35   #7182

Sorry buddy that resolved the issue I had so I thought it may help you
Old 5th September 2012, 15:47   #7183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post

Sorry for the quality of the picture taken from my BB :(

Comments are welcome
The colors and contours looks amazing, were they ready made? or made to order (stitched). can you some more pic's from the rear seats.

Does any body else feels the Figo seats escpecially the base width is smaller compared to others cars in the same segment?
Old 5th September 2012, 15:55   #7184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
The colors and contours looks amazing, were they ready made? or made to order (stitched). can you some more pic's from the rear seats.

Does any body else feels the Figo seats escpecially the base width is smaller compared to others cars in the same segment?
Thanks, Its made against order. Sure, I will post more pictures later when i get time.

Yes Figo's seats are narrower, but fits you well intact. Will be little uncomfort for fatter people

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 5th September 2012 at 16:00.
Old 5th September 2012, 16:26   #7185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot

My body is of normal size, but felt the front seats are bit smaller for me and not so comfortable when compared to other cars like swift and i20. I did not notice this during test drive but observed when I bought the car. But rear seat comfort & leg room is better than swift.

Last edited by HighOctane : 5th September 2012 at 16:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks