Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 10:05   #151
Senior - BHPian

Your story writing skill is excellent. I liked the umbrella PDI part.

Rated 5 star and waiting for the rest of the story!!
Old 13th May 2010, 10:09   #152
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic read Sam as always

I have been noticing it's been raining Superb's all over Delhi and the NCR and everyone who is someone seems to be buying this fantastic VFM sedan ( 20 lacs & VFM !! Time's clearly have changed ! )

The good thing is it really is a good car and comes loaded with equipment that is far better than cars twice it's price.

Now you know Sam this thread of yours will certainly have a few members take the plunge and go for a Superb.

All I can say is I just hope you and the others face no issue with the 2 million sedan.

Looking forward to the rest of the thread. And yes please some photos of you and the car and the famed Umbrella !

It's the little things that matter in the end like you were all excited on the umbrella part and the rest of it could wait. I like I like !!
Old 13th May 2010, 10:15   #153
BHPian

I am going to brag about this to my friends for a long time - "I belong to a forum where there is this big guy who got a Superb because of the umbrella !!"

Enjoy your ride Sam.
Old 13th May 2010, 10:56   #154
Senior - BHPian

this thread is a real loss of productivity for me for today for last 1.5 hours i am reading every post in this thread! fanatastically brillinat thread. really enjoyed reading this thread. No mood to work today after having such a relaxed read in the morning, please write something more!

I think you should have waited Skoda Yeti. that should have been a perfect vehicle for you!

wish you a trouble free ownership of Skoda and Umbrella

BTW who is NC here?

PS: How about pics of umbrella and the initial review of same

Last edited by Dippy : 17th May 2010 at 10:09. Reason: Quoted post deleted hence editing your post.
Old 13th May 2010, 11:06   #155
Senior - BHPian

@recshenoy: NC is our very own Mod here Mr Normally Crazy. One film buff who writes the best hindi movie reviews on the hindi movies thread.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:05   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
You can now tell everyone that you bought an umbrella and got a car with it for free
Or got a umbrella case which doubles up as a car (that too with xenophobic aloysius magna carta headlights).

Sam where art thou? Hope you are not stuck in Skoda A**.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:12   #157
BHPian

So many umbrella posts in this thread.... err.. thought it was supposed to be a Superb read from Mr. Sam.
Another umbrella idea for Skoda... colour match the umbrella with the car. That ways when you do step out... (with the umbrella of course)... you can still feel connected to the soul of the car!
Old 13th May 2010, 12:14   #158
Senior - BHPian

to be very honest, it is understandable why Sam has not been free with photographs on this thread. The dust coated parking lot for the 'is me sab kuch hai' Superbs may have been a let down.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

sam, where art thou? It is almost one day after the last update - we are waiting.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:27   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
So many umbrella posts in this thread.... err.. thought it was supposed to be a Superb read from Mr. Sam.
Another umbrella idea for Skoda... colour match the umbrella with the car. That ways when you do step out... (with the umbrella of course)... you can still feel connected to the soul of the car!
A few months ago Sam was actually singing a song about an umbrella.

I hope your DSG holds together
Stories about you, make me shake and shiver
I hope my money has been well spent
and Autobahn will serve me till the end

Leave me stranded, will you, never
And if it's raining more than ever
I'll open your door and pop the umbrella
and cry "22 lakhs for my umbrella, 22 lakhs for my umbrella!"

- with appologies to Rihanna and her songwriters (Shawn Carter, Christorpher Stewart, Thaddis Harrell, and Terius Nash)
navin is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2010, 19:39   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

This is starting to border on the ridiculous! Skoda jokes seem to be passe, now Skoda-umbrella jokes seem to be dominating this thread. Sam, you've REALLY got to do something about this. Forget the umbrella, can we hear about the first beauty sleep you had in that car?

And let's hear about Akbar's comments and first-drive impressions.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2010, 19:50   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
This is starting to border on the ridiculous! Skoda jokes seem to be passe, now Skoda-umbrella jokes seem to be dominating this thread. Sam, you've REALLY got to do something about this. Forget the umbrella, can we hear about the first beauty sleep you had in that car?

And let's hear about Akbar's comments and first-drive impressions.
I like that, Akbar will be the one behind the wheel most times, so it is apt he puts in his verdit, anyways Sam you are not an engine-vengine guy !! You are more into umbrellas now-a-days !!

So how nice is the umbrella ?? Does it say Skoda on it ??

Could not resist. But then this thread is more about fun than how the Superb feels or drives - right ?

Reminds me of a very peppy song of the 80's Singing in the rain. " I don't need the sunshine - I'm singing in the rain, I don't need the sunshine I'm dancing in the rain, what a glorious feeling I'm happy again" !!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 13th May 2010 at 19:53.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:13   #163
Senior - BHPian

Very good pick Sam. Superb is a great product. With host of features it is one of the VFM product. Even the basic first 3 service(to be precise) is acceptable. Problem starts when there is a part failure and it's the parts that is the major issue. for instance, Recently had a change of part of the AC compressor and condenser in both Laura and Fabia due to the failure but just to rectify they took almost 10 days. Generally the rule is they have to check each every part related to AC and report it to the Skoda and as per their instruction they keep doing the other following checkup and keep reporting it back and wait for the reply from the skoda. If all other related part seems fine they come down to compressor in the end. It's the lengthy procedure and the warranty rules that can get on any ones nerves. Finally it took more than 3 weeks for the dealer to check, get the part and fix.
I feel unless they don't change these procedure and make it simpler there is always gonna an issue with the service. The one buying the skoda cars should be mentally be prepared for such services.

Anyways apart from this more than the car, its your story and writing skills that I should say is fascinating and SIMPLY SUPERB

Last edited by Invinsible : 13th May 2010 at 20:23.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:24   #164
Senior - BHPian

Sam, please post the pic of your 22 lak umbrella, atleast tell us if its white or black !! I am seriously more interested in seeing the umbrella than the superb, because we see superbs everyday but never seen an umbrella from it.

OT: Is there anyway we can set an alert when the thread starter posts something new ?
Old 13th May 2010, 20:44   #165
BHPian

My first time following Yeti's thread. Really great writing. I wish that you (or some one) had recorded your walk to the door and pulling out the umbrella and open it stylishly over head Please!! Do it for humanity's sake
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks