Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 21:39   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Did it really "float?" I would be very disappointed if my Superb did that. When a car floats, it is usually not a good sign. It should remain stable and under control.
Perhaps I'm not good at expressing these things. What I'm trying to say is that it glides on the roads without a hitch. Like a feather. Its all positive.
Old 14th June 2010, 22:44   #317
Senior - BHPian

Thank God the tyre burst didn't cause any major damage, the tyre in concern is Goodyear NCT 5. Sir Kapasi Ji, when is the ICE thread coming up?
Old 15th June 2010, 00:45   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
But I've heard that even if the umbrella is wet you can still stick it in the door and it drips through a special wet channel constructed into the door that lets the water out while you drive.
Stuff like that gets me all excited and stuff...
WoW that's an uber kool "Rain Harvesting"
Old 15th June 2010, 10:14   #319

Quote:
Perhaps I'm not good at expressing these things. What I'm trying to say is that it glides on the roads without a hitch. Like a feather. Its all positive.
Your expressions are more poetic than just ordinary prose....thus 'float' 'glide' 'feather'. ( Bet Mike never called it a feather..)
But that was a very exhaustive report Sam, and looking at the number of hits on the thread, very well-read also.

Enjoy the fabulous car, sir!
Old 15th June 2010, 12:59   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure how and why. All I got from Akbar was phattar laga, tyre burst ho gaya.
That was upsetting. What was more upsetting was to purchase another Goodyear NCT something for the car.

What was MOST upsetting was that my spare wheel was an ugly black steel monstrosity that looked like a wheel from a Maruti Van.

Shame on you Skoda! I thought I had 5 nice alloy wheels. -10 points to you.

And so it happened that I had to buy a new tyre to fit on my ugly black spare wheel.

So far, that's the only bad thing that's happened to the car.
Wish you had read this thread earlier: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-dilemma.html

Btw, I think my spare is an alloy, not sure. Will double check this evening.

Also, Skoda is running a free monsoon check-up incase anyone is interested. I sent my car for it yesterday, my main purpose was to get a minor touch-up done on the bumper. The check-up was just an excuse
Old 15th June 2010, 14:28   #321
BHPian

I am seriously envying Akbar !!! Getting to drive a Superb from Mumbai to Goa and then enjoying on the beach for a week !!
Old 16th June 2010, 11:39   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Wish you had read this thread earlier: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-dilemma.html

Btw, I think my spare is an alloy, not sure. Will double check this evening.
Why? It was never a question of what tyre to buy. I have 4 NCT5s, I was not planning on buying a yokohama for the 5th wheel, lol.
Btw do let me know if your spare is an alloy. I'm feeling a bit cheated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I am seriously envying Akbar !!! Getting to drive a Superb from Mumbai to Goa and then enjoying on the beach for a week !!
Well, it is part of his job to be honest, just like it is mine. But of course he hauled boxes on the beach too. Just like all of us did.

It was great fun, especially because our team has fantastic young talent that loves working and loves having fun. Next briefing in the pool.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:50   #323
BHPian

I fully sympathise with you. I agree for a car at that price point, they should have provided an alloy spare wheel. I felt the same when I discovered the fact when the Linea emotion came with a black steel wheel!
Old 16th June 2010, 20:25   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. But I've heard that even if the umbrella is wet you can still stick it in the door and it drips through a special wet channel constructed into the door that lets the water out while you drive.
Stuff like that gets me all excited and stuff.
Holy Cow, Did they have a team of 50 engineers in their umbrella division

It is impressive how much attention to detail they have put in this car. My respect for Skoda is up quite a few notches now.

I never thought I will even consider a Skoda as my next car after reading the horror stories, ever. Skoda marketing guys need to thank you, Sam, for single-handedly changing many perceptions about Skodas. Maybe they can consider giving you alloy spare wheels as a token of gratitude!

Last edited by SunilM : 16th June 2010 at 20:27.
Old 16th June 2010, 20:28   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Sahil, remember the Yeti doesn't like to mess around with engine-vengine kinda stuff. Besides not sure if Michelin/Contis are better for rough roads.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:12   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why? It was never a question of what tyre to buy. I have 4 NCT5s, I was not planning on buying a yokohama for the 5th wheel, lol.
Btw do let me know if your spare is an alloy. I'm feeling a bit cheated.
yes. It was all about the umbrella

Sam, they give a kaam chalau tyre for spare so you use it only to reach the nearest repair center and then change to your regular tyres. Otherwise you willl run into 5 tyres rotation and some of them would be uneven depending on how many times you have a puncture.
Old 19th June 2010, 23:08   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I intend to incorporate a bluetooth module into the HU (Requires some parts from Skoda Europe) and intend to use a bluetooth dongle on my iPod so I can wirelessly "DJ" my music from the rear seat..

Mush as I'd like to, Andy would like me to prove a point here by not changing the OE speakers, thereby demonstrating the effectiveness of the MS-8.
In short, I'm going to use the original OE SKoda speakers. But I'm going to make it sound completely different and going to boost the bottom end mildly with the basslink.
Sam in the rear seat why not use headphones. I cannot imagine the rear seat will have the imaging of the front seat. Besides this way you wont freak your driver out when he hears the the first few bars of the "Happiest days of our lives" emanating from the 4 speakers.

Also I thought this car is for your use, not a demo car. The MS8 is for your use and not to be demoed on this car so why not go the whole hog?

Quote:
It goes not to D2, D3, D4, D5 and then (I was surprised) D5, D6, D7 and D8. It's like 8 forward gears. COOL!! 3 gears came for FREE!!.
This is now documented as a pseudo-psychological complex called the "The Spinal Tap Complex".

Quote:
What was MOST upsetting was that my spare wheel was an ugly black steel monstrosity that looked like a wheel from a Maruti Van.
Pre-run flat days the spare tyre on many cars used to be a hard rubber donut. Terrible for handling but atleast they insured you did not get a second flat.

Quote:
Every morning I pick up S & Z, .
Akela Akela! Aise dost ho to dushman ka kya jaroorat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Yep. The umbrella is a quality one too.
The fabric is quite good but I wonder if the steel rods will hold up in a typical mumbai monsoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
yes. It was all about the umbrella
Sam if and when the umbrella dies can you fit any regular umberalla in the same place or do you have to go to umm...Skoda

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th June 2010 at 23:27.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:43   #328
BHPian

Sam, Now that MS-8 is officially launched, please post a review of the same in the audio section
Old 20th June 2010, 19:05   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who park their cars in old business compounds of South Mumbai know how little space you have. Ours is no different and after he drops me, Akbar has to stick the car to the wall, allowing other cars passage in this busy compound.

Imagine my surprise when I see this on the wall one day:

The YetiŽ writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb)-img00117201006091100.jpg

Yeh kya hai?
Kya?
Yeh deewar par.
Arrey har bar mere gaadi ka darwaaza deewar ko lagta hai, mujhe nahi pasand. Scratches aate hai.
(Every time I park and get out, the door of my car bangs on this wall. I don't like it, it causes scratches)
Toh yeh? Log kya sochenge? I'm laughing.
Aur kya, sahi to hai. Abhi gaadi safe rahegi. Jisko jo sochna hai, soche.

Once again it dawns on me why my cars always look good.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2010, 19:26   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Those who park their cars in old business compounds of South Mumbai know how little space you have. Ours is no different and after he drops me, Akbar has to stick the car to the wall, allowing other cars passage in this busy compound.

Imagine my surprise when I see this on the wall one day:

Attachment 371527

Yeh kya hai?
Kya?
Yeh deewar par.
Arrey har bar mere gaadi ka darwaaza deewar ko lagta hai, mujhe nahi pasand. Scratches aate hai.
(Every time I park and get out, the door of my car bangs on this wall. I don't like it, it causes scratches)
Toh yeh? Log kya sochenge? I'm laughing.
Aur kya, sahi to hai. Abhi gaadi safe rahegi. Jisko jo sochna hai, soche.

Once again it dawns on me why my cars always look good.
Sam,

You are really lucky to get a driver like Akbar.

Sigh!!! If our people get little bit passionate about their work like Akbar, India would have been much different.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks