Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:15   #16
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Congrats on your choice! A Honda is always a safe bet anytime. You will have no worries on quality front at least, albeit at a slight premium than its actual worth (but still OK in the Indian auto market context).
By the way, you are lucky to get the car on company lease! Subsequent to the Fin. Ministry's decision last year, my current company has done away with the Lease plans (existing ones to be wound up by March2011).
Thanks again, the first "real" extra benefit i ever got working for so many years in IT. who knows whats coming next year in the direct tax code, so thot let me make the most with the ANHC
BTW there are co's which have even better plans! Its cause of the lease that this premium came down and i could go for it, else may think of options in the sub 10 lacs category. Even though i agree that they charge a wee bit more, which other sedan offers the best of great re-sale, good A**, great build quality, great reliability and good dealer network and also a brand that is here to stay for sure!
Old 24th June 2010, 14:36   #17
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Am planning to go for alloys- the first time that i have fitted these on any of my cars. Any suggestions on good brands and any pics of good ones from owners?
Wanted to go for the Honda branded ones, but can we get them from outside as the dealer asks too much
Old 24th June 2010, 14:55   #18
BHPian

Congrats MKH for moving from "H" to "H". Hope you will getting the delivery today

While negotiating for my ANHC, I found most (80%) of the companies listed by Honda for Corporate discount are IT companies and rest are known comapnies in FMCG/Telecom/Auto sector. There are very few companies in the manufacturing sector.

Enjoy the drive of straight "H". Do post some pictures after you have taken the delivery.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Am planning to go for alloys- the first time that i have fitted these on any of my cars. Any suggestions on good brands and any pics of good ones from owners?
Wanted to go for the Honda branded ones, but can we get them from outside as the dealer asks too much
Congrats MKH on the great buy! GEt in some cool alloys and footwear.. why not opt for the primacy LC 195/65 by Michelin or the XM1. both are great tyres and wont harm mileage figures. I say go ahead with the Primacy. You will never look back.

Drive safe.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:54   #20
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Congrats MKH on the great buy! GEt in some cool alloys and footwear.. why not opt for the primacy LC 195/65 by Michelin or the XM1. both are great tyres and wont harm mileage figures. I say go ahead with the Primacy. You will never look back.

Drive safe.
Hey thanks
I am not sure if i need an upgrade, my drive is 80-90 in city and i am not the kind to drive aggressively, in that case will an upgrade make sense? The 175 stocks are Michelin XM1, should be good enough-right?
Old 24th June 2010, 15:58   #21
BHPian

Hey MKH, Congrats on your latest acquisition. ANHC has always been my fav too, but cannot afford it right now. I too am undergoing a similar 'selection process'.

Can't wait to see the pics. Upload them as soon as you get your Car.
Old 24th June 2010, 18:16   #22
BHPian

Hey, congrants man. It is indeed a terrific machine. Enjoy your new machine. Wishing you many happy miles ahead.

I too bought my City V AT from Whitefield Honda. Which sales guy did the deal with you ? How was the overall buying experience ? by any chance did you meet AGM sales Mr Ramdas ?

Last edited by B103 : 24th June 2010 at 18:19.
Old 25th June 2010, 00:15   #23
mkh
Senior - BHPian

What a day! This was the very first time that i was experiencing what many have posted as- "THE WAIT"!!! A few months back we bought and i-10 for my wife and it was exciting for sure, but more for her than for me. This time, i was feeling as if the day should just fly past and evening come in the next hour.
Sent a few SMS to Deb( the sales person) checking if "All is Well" during the day!
Went about the usual stuff at work with a half mind looking forward for the evening and finally it was TIME!
Reached the showroom promptly at 5:30 after coordinating with wife and we both saw our brand new spanking red machine, ready for its new owner( lucky her!!)
Had taken a PDI check list from TBHP and Deb is no newcomer to this name so knew that what all he had to show. The Odometer was showing about 21Kms.
A very detailed explanation followed, most of what i already knew but i let him go about it and listened attentively( as much as i could)
He explained me about the progress bar that comes in one of the displays on the speedo , which i could not follow. Will try and see the manual or check with folks if the know what it is. It goes from 0-40 and appears on the dsiplay where the average fuel consumption shows
Man its so tough to keep your mind focussed, when all that you are thinking about it- lets go!

I had got a CD player fitted, but somehow did not get the manual or the warranty for that, Deb was not sure too. Anyone who got the Honda CD player fitted with the car can probably share if they got the manual and warranty?

I saw all the documentation even though i was sure they cannot mess it up as its a leased car, but still.
Had taken a small gift for him and sweets for all. Met with the others and the service manager too and told him the owners name( who i know) which made a huge difference for sure
There was a minor little tiny scratch on the roof which i was confident can go off with my acquired expertise on detailing but i still mentioned it to him. He was nice and told me will take care in the 1st service. Also the much hyped teflon polish is all hogwash as i knew and mentioned too, wonder when will the dealers stop fooling around with this supposed costly freebie.
One thing- and which is no surprise but wonder why its so - the car has a decent amount of swirls!! I have seen that in new cars all around, i think its strange but all dark colours have it easily seen( to a trained eye against the light), am sure even the lighter colors have it but cannot be seen a lot. Will have a great time removing them, maybe get a 3M treatment done(like did for the verna) and then my own care with my arsenal of detailing products of which i am used to now.
Well after looking at all the paper work, got a picture taken with wife, which was surprisingly put in a frame and promptly given( a nice gesture) , car perfume and chocolates taken,thanked all and off we went straight to home to give my kid a nice surprise( did not tell him about the car).
Before that, stopped at the fuel pump and topped it up full tank! Dont want to keep her thirsty for long.

Overall Experience: Folks, i can say this for sure, if you want to deal with a NICE guy, deal with Deb there. I have found him to be one of THE BEST people(forget salesman) to ever deal with. Sure he is a sales guy, but he is a NICE guy. Very polite and extremely courteous. It was a most fanstastic experience with him and i recommend every one who is thinking about a Honda, to first deal with him. Every bargaining bone in you will stop and just enjoy the first class treatment he offers. PM me for his number if you need.
Other than him, the rest of the folks there can be given a pass. I happen to know the owner of the showroom and mind you i got a good treatment even without mentioning his name to Deb. ( but that was one reason why i chose that showroom)His pic is there with the car, told him that you are going to get famous soon with 1000s that will see your pic now

Initial Drive on the first day

Took the car around a little, man it feels like a BIG CAR, even though its width is the same as the verna, though a little longer.
All the time i was in my mind comparing with the verna i had.
If one is paying 8.5 lacs for Verna, this car is most certainly worth the money when it comes to drive comfort and feel and does feel a segment above. The ease of driving is amazing. Agreed that Honda can do a bit more for its customers by giving some luxury feel to the interiors and completely justify the 10 lacs price tag, but the engine refinness is superb and the ease of driving is much better esp the gear shift. Clearly i can see that the car front wheel drive is between the Fiesta and Verna. Verna is a little too much light on the steering and the Fiesta little heavier, this one perfect in between( for the city drive)
Looking forward for saturday morning detailing session!!!

One observation- The Average Fuel Consumption has been showing about 6-7 Kmpl, is it going to get adjusted in time or its actually that low now?

Here are some pics, will take more in a day or so and post more esp post my own expert hands put to work on the beauty in my garage!
NOTE The last pic is NOT ME, its Deb- the sales person
Attached Thumbnails
ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-24062010033.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-24062010036.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-24062010040.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-24062010042.jpg  

Last edited by mkh : 25th June 2010 at 00:25.
Old 25th June 2010, 00:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I had got a CD player fitted, but somehow did not get the manual or the warranty for that, Deb was not sure too. Anyone who got the Honda CD player fitted with the car can probably share if they got the manual and warranty?

One observation- The Average Fuel Consumption has been showing about 6-7 Kmpl, is it going to get adjusted in time or its actually that low now?
Congrats MKH

Are you talking about the music player supplied by Honda? If yes, i don't think it plays CD. They have given an option for IPOD/USB alone. For details you can check hondanewcity_webspecial_v01

Regarding the Avg. fuel consumption, this will go up (if no major issues are present). I just got a City too, finished 1st service. We are getting about 13 kmpl. I guess this should go up further after a while.
Old 25th June 2010, 07:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
He explained me about the progress bar that comes in one of the displays on the speedo , which i could not follow. Will try and see the manual or check with folks if the know what it is. It goes from 0-40 and appears on the dsiplay where the average fuel consumption shows
Man its so tough to keep your mind focussed, when all that you are thinking about it- lets go!
First thing first, congratulations man,

Instant mileage indicator, uff it really distract's. It took sometime for me to get used to. But you would get used to and start ignoring it.

Quote:
One thing- and which is no surprise but wonder why its so - the car has a decent amount of swirls!! I have seen that in new cars all around, i think its strange but all dark colours have it easily seen( to a trained eye against the light), am sure even the lighter colors have it but cannot be seen a lot. Will have a great time removing them, maybe get a 3M treatment done(like did for the verna) and then my own care with my arsenal of detailing products of which i am used to now.
Yeh, well said, I saw them and was surprised during the day of delivery too. Dealer quoted to get a 3M treatment after an year or so.

Quote:
Don't worry, ANHC FE is purely dependent on the driving style, it would improve.

But, if you want to roar the IVTEC then forget it.

Quote:
Here are some pics, will take more in a day or so and post more esp post my own expert hands put to work on the beauty in my garage!
Lovely pics of the car, waiting for interior ones.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 25th June 2010 at 07:41. Reason: typo
Old 25th June 2010, 10:51   #26
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the wishes folks
Early morning woke up, excited to work the exterior myself:
Did some work with own hands, a couple of minor scratches here and there and Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 worked its magic yet again. Going to put Ultimate Compound to its ultimate test for a few swirls(even though have been promised a treatment during first service)
I really think that the dealers need to learn how to treat dark colored cars. Yesterday the guy was using a cloth to clean and i rushed to him and told him to Stop. The cloth was a rag which i would not even use on the bumper, forget the body. No wonder swirls came up big time.
First day to work today in the new car:
Boy the car has power, not sure why a few people mentioned it as not as powered as a 1.5! I have hardly pressed the accelerator and it touched 60, i was very surprised since the TD car had to be worked a little( prob cause it was a TD car). The ride was super smooth and marked difference, in the peak traffic. Now i know, what it is really to have a NEW car, the feel is totally different! ( had a feel with the new i-10 a few months back, but this is a class apart)

Also noticed that the interiors were not cleaned perfectly, will get that done too. I have learnt to be a little more tolerant on these areas as i know, none can match my expectations than myself
Tomorrow morning 2 hour session and then will post more pics. Going to select alloys and maybe seat covers today
Any suggestions on the alloys and seat covers? Not looking at spending more than 6-7K on seat covers and 20K on alloys. If any one has pics, please give me the links.

Last edited by mkh : 25th June 2010 at 11:03.
Old 25th June 2010, 13:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks
I am not sure if i need an upgrade, my drive is 80-90 in city and i am not the kind to drive aggressively, in that case will an upgrade make sense? The 175 stocks are Michelin XM1, should be good enough-right?
The XM1s are good no doubt but if you want an even better driving experience with comfort and even less noise, the Primacy LC. Even Turanzas come with that size. You can opt for either.

cheers!
Old 25th June 2010, 13:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mkh. Honda city (only ANHC) is one car I always wished to own. But a price band above 10.5 lacs in Bangalore and low GC were the biggest deterrent for me. I prefer this car stock and would have gone for Honda branded alloys. The after market alloys don't go well with this car. This is my personal take.
Now you have a beauty to check out your detailing skills.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:03   #29
BHPian

Did your get Michelin tyres for your car ? Different people get different brands and so this question.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:41   #30
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Congrats mkh. Honda city (only ANHC) is one car I always wished to own. But a price band above 10.5 lacs in Bangalore and low GC were the biggest deterrent for me. I prefer this car stock and would have gone for Honda branded alloys. The after market alloys don't go well with this car. This is my personal take.
Now you have a beauty to check out your detailing skills.
Became possible due to the reduced cost, xshowroom is what is my due. Even saw that stock alloys are great, however certain reasons that i have to go for outside ones. Hope can get something similar
As for detailing skills, the city is lucky as am practiced and trained on the prev cars, so she gets the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Did your get Michelin tyres for your car ? Different people get different brands and so this question.
I asked for Michelin and got them. I think i will stick to them, not too particular on the tires as these are good enough

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks