Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 19:52   #31
BHPian

Quote:
I asked for Michelin and got them. I think i will stick to them, not too particular on the tires as these are good enough
Cool !! A colleague of mine bought City V MT from Whitefield Honda. He got BridgeStone tyres.

I too dealt with Deb when buying my City AT in Feb 2010. Truly a nice guy.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:04   #32
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Just a couple of things not answered yet
1. I took the Honda CD player and have not got the warranty or the manual, was told that does not come , nothing goes wrong with it!
2. As per the PDI checklist was told to ask for PUC certificate and was told that for 1 year not needed, did the other owners also NOT get a PUC certificate with the car?
Old 25th June 2010, 21:07   #33
BHPian

Cngratulations. It's a great feeling. Enjoy your honeymoon with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Thanks for all the wishes folks
Any suggestions on the alloys and seat covers? Not looking at spending more than 6-7K on seat covers and 20K on alloys. If any one has pics, please give me the links.
You can check out some good alloys in Hotracks
Old 25th June 2010, 21:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
As for detailing skills, the city is lucky as am practiced and trained on the prev cars, so she gets the best
Can you share some info about the detailing products you are using and where did you buy them?
Do you use polish with the buffer machine or do it manually?
Old 25th June 2010, 23:39   #35
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Can you share some info about the detailing products you are using and where did you buy them?
Do you use polish with the buffer machine or do it manually?
Check out the car care aesthetics thread, i have posted loads of stuff and pics too. To put in brief the best things i suggest are a California Duster, Good quality Micro(3M, Meguiars), Ultimate Quick Detailer, Tech Wax 2.0 and Ultimate Quick Wax. Added to this the Scratch X 2.0 and UC
I do it manually, am particular but not that much Bought ALL of them from the USA.
As for Hot Tracks, my experience is that the guy is a rip off, hardly cares attitude. Will never visit that place, going to try out a couple of places, one of which a TBHP member is helping me out with. Wanted to see already installed pics, but looks like the patterns on the stock rims are good enough.

Last edited by mkh : 25th June 2010 at 23:41.
Old 26th June 2010, 00:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Congrats MKH on the great buy! GEt in some cool alloys and footwear.. why not opt for the primacy LC 195/65 by Michelin or the XM1. both are great tyres and wont harm mileage figures. I say go ahead with the Primacy. You will never look back.

Drive safe.
The upsize is wrong, it should be 195/60 R15.

Quote:
Am planning to go for alloys- the first time that i have fitted these on any of my cars. Any suggestions on good brands and any pics of good ones from owners?
Wanted to go for the Honda branded ones, but can we get them from outside as the dealer asks too much
Good brands of Alloys in Indian Market are Lenso, Konig, HRS, AVA, Veloche etc. Lensos are usually 20k+, Konig's should be within the 20k mark and rest are within the 20k mark. Konig has some good designs, I'm uploading a Word file which I created for my personal reference keeping in mind the ANHC covering Konig and Lenso alloys (15 inches and 4 bolt). Check www.alloywheelsindia.com for HRS, they've good designs.

ANHC's Alloys are available with BK Tyres in New Delhi for about 16k for a set of 4, so you can well analyse the aftermarket price of these alloys but availability is a concern as OE alloys are seldomly exchanged.

Quote:

One observation- The Average Fuel Consumption has been showing about 6-7 Kmpl, is it going to get adjusted in time or its actually that low now?
My uncle's City shows 12.2km/L by the time it has covered 775 Kms as of today.

Quote:
I asked for Michelin and got them. I think i will stick to them, not too particular on the tires as these are good enough
These Michelin XM1's are not what I expected out of them, they're very noisy. I would suggest you soon upgrade to 195/60 R15 and select from Yokohama V550 Decibel, Michelin Primacy LC and Continental CPC2.

Quote:
Check out the car care aesthetics thread, i have posted loads of stuff and pics too. To put in brief the best things i suggest are a California Duster, Good quality Micro(3M, Meguiars), Ultimate Quick Detailer, Tech Wax 2.0 and Ultimate Quick Wax. Added to this the Scratch X 2.0 and UC
I do it manually, am particular but not that much Bought ALL of them from the USA.
As for Hot Tracks, my experience is that the guy is a rip off, hardly cares attitude. Will never visit that place, going to try out a couple of places, one of which a TBHP member is helping me out with. Wanted to see already installed pics, but looks like the patterns on the stock rims are good enough.
I saw 3M's Show-it Paste wax at Honda Service Center today and asked them if they can arrange for the same but it didn't work out. It's texture was like Waxpol but more softer and better smelling.
Attached Files
File Type: docx CITY Mugen.docx (1.85 MB, 457 views)
Old 26th June 2010, 08:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Just a couple of things not answered yet
1. I took the Honda CD player and have not got the warranty or the manual, was told that does not come , nothing goes wrong with it!
Hi MKH,

Can you post interior snaps? Iam keen on having a look at the Honda player.

Did you check the user Manual? starting from Page 151 it has details about CD player, not sure if it's exactly what you have in yours?
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2010, 08:32   #38
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase!
Nice to see so ,many TBHPians and Bangaloreans zipping about in ANHCs.
Old 26th June 2010, 15:16   #39
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The upsize is wrong, it should be 195/60 R15.

Good brands of Alloys in Indian Market are Lenso, Konig, HRS, AVA, Veloche etc. Lensos are usually 20k+, Konig's should be within the 20k mark and rest are within the 20k mark. Konig has some good designs, I'm uploading a Word file which I created for my personal reference keeping in mind the ANHC covering Konig and Lenso alloys (15 inches and 4 bolt). Check www.alloywheelsindia.com for HRS, they've good designs.

My uncle's City shows 12.2km/L by the time it has covered 775 Kms as of today.

These Michelin XM1's are not what I expected out of them, they're very noisy. I would suggest you soon upgrade to 195/60 R15 and select from Yokohama V550 Decibel, Michelin Primacy LC and Continental CPC2.

I saw 3M's Show-it Paste wax at Honda Service Center today and asked them if they can arrange for the same but it didn't work out. It's texture was like Waxpol but more softer and better smelling.
After listening and reading up more, think should upgrade the tyres. Got a quote, let me see what works out best. Will go for the Yoko or Conti
Thanks for the alloy pics, looking for simple designs, hope will get them

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi MKH,

Can you post interior snaps? Iam keen on having a look at the Honda player.

Did you check the user Manual? starting from Page 151 it has details about CD player, not sure if it's exactly what you have in yours?
The CD player is the same as shown in the manual, goes in behind the panel, do u want me to pic that and send it? Saw the page and it gives details. But does the stock player have no modes, bass, treble etc adjustments possible? I mean cannot configure anything there! Is that normal?

Did a 3 hour detailing session, very satisfying, will post pics of those. The car looks 100% better, wish the dealer can see this and learn, whats called a "Polish+ treatment". Meguiars UC rocks , just removed minor scratches completely
As i write this- something that NONE would have experienced has happened, the car just refuses to start, no idea why
Called the helpline, v interesting things to share, will share once come back, the guy called and is outside!
Amazing day
Old 26th June 2010, 15:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
The CD player is the same as shown in the manual, goes in behind the panel, do u want me to pic that and send it? Saw the page and it gives details. But does the stock player have no modes, bass, treble etc adjustments possible? I mean cannot configure anything there! Is that normal?
Yeh, I just wanted to see the pic to check what buttons are still available. We do have the modes, you should use ♪/speaker Button if it's available. It gives you options, refer to page 120 in the manual.

Quote:
Did a 3 hour detailing session, very satisfying, will post pics of those. The car looks 100% better, wish the dealer can see this and learn, whats called a "Polish+ treatment". Meguiars UC rocks , just removed minor scratches completely
Wow, Please post the pics after the treatment you gave,

Quote:
As i write this- something that NONE would have experienced has happened, the car just refuses to start, no idea why
Called the helpline, v interesting things to share, will share once come back, the guy called and is outside!
Amazing day
What post the outcome of their visit. Iam keen to know, this is the first case of an ANHC refusing to start
Old 26th June 2010, 19:42   #41
mkh
Senior - BHPian

What a day!
3 hour detailing session, results were a sight to see and njoy, till- All washed away thanks to the notorious bangalore rain
However saw the water beading effects which are also a pleasure as you know that its cause of your hard work. Got a serious pain in my elbow and arms though
The car refused to start, i suspected electrical or battery down. However i had just completed my session with the music player running all this while( about 3 hours) and since the player cannot run if the battery gets drained, did not suspect that
Called up Honda care, and they connected me to some person in bangalore who happily told - tow the car. I was like- no diagnostics or a person to come and see it?
Anyways- the next issue: How can we get the car OUT of the basement? The guy says, sir cannot do that- truck will come and you need to get it out somehow. Since my basement is at ground floor level, thought will apply good old push technique.
Decided to call up Deb, and gave him a huge shock for sure. He checked with someone and after a lot of talk, sent a roadside assistance.
The guy in a jiffy told me- battery gone. I was like- how come? Well it remains a big mystery, how, only probable explanation is the running the system(audio) drained it?
The outcome- if you need assistance, its not as simple cause helpine is confused. They just said- tow the car!! Imagine towing the car for a battery drained, how crazy!
Well the day is over but confusion still rules over 2 decisions
To upgrade tyres( do not really see a big reason for it, though got a few imp tips)
Which alloys to buy and most reliable place.(again got some help but still not clear)
I got a quote from Torque- about Rs 20-24K for a set of 5 for EVO branded ones. Not sure how is the brand and if prices quoted are decent
Will post pics of detailing effects pre and post rains, just have to figure a small issue of data connection that is failing
Old 26th June 2010, 19:53   #42
BHPian

Nothing to take away from Deb, but if you personally know the owner of the showroom (Dealership ?) why not directly deal with him and get the best available rate/service

That's what people would normally do unless you dont know him that well.

=)
Old 26th June 2010, 20:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

That is a nerve whacking experience. But seriously can the battery of a new car get drained like that?
Old 26th June 2010, 22:42   #44
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Some Pics
The Process
1. Washed and dried ( wash mitt and chamois)
2. Clay- meguiars clay kit
3. Ultimate Compound used to Prepare. ( this was the hardest one) Did a couple of passes over the hood and roof
4. NXT Tech wax 2.0
Planning to apply second coat of wax tomorrow even though rains spoilt much of the effort( should have been 24 hours for the curing)
The pics are somewhat in a low light condition as there is a covered parking, did not get to take it out and take snaps as it started raining:(
The last one shows water beading effect. Point to note: The surface clearly is better now than what it came after the polish done by the dealer( which was crap)
BTW the Avg FE indicator now shows 10 almost, i think it goes up after a few kms(started with 5.5 which was weird)
Attached Thumbnails
ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-26062010077.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-26062010078.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-26062010080.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-26062010081.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-26062010090.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-26062010091.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-26062010095.jpg  

Old 26th June 2010, 23:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you look for Lenso, Konig, HRS, AVA etc., all have their respective websites where-in you can see the designs. For tyres, I would recommend Yokohama Decibel V550 in 195/60 R15 size.

All the best!

Most Viewed