Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 04:29   #151
BHPian

Guys take a look at this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...on-height.html

I had started off this thread when i observed the car leaning to the driver's side. Had detailed siscussions with Honda and it is normal is within limits mentioned in the thread. For your information please.
Also you would see the dashboard not properly aligned at the driver's side A pillar. Observed in all cars at the dealership.
Old 21st August 2010, 11:34   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
Guys take a look at this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...on-height.html

I had started off this thread when i observed the car leaning to the driver's side. Had detailed siscussions with Honda and it is normal is within limits mentioned in the thread. For your information please.
Also you would see the dashboard not properly aligned at the driver's side A pillar. Observed in all cars at the dealership.
I see that the thread is a few months old now. So did you get any feedback from Honda regarding this? I have not noticed this on my vehicle. Will check it out now.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:38   #153
BHPian

You would observe it if you measure it or try inserting your hand above the tyre in the wheel well at the crest.. A comprehensive report was sent to Honda by Whitefield and the tolerence was mentioned to be 15mm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
I see that the thread is a few months old now. So did you get any feedback from Honda regarding this? I have not noticed this on my vehicle. Will check it out now.
Old 21st August 2010, 14:09   #154
Senior - BHPian

Surprised to see the extend to which you guys go to maintain the car spic and span. I have never even washed the car myself, forget about polishing. All the product names you mentioned here looks all Greek and Latin to me. Klasse, AIO, Black Diamond, Meguairs... Aren't these all just polishes of different brands or has different purpose.
Old 21st August 2010, 18:39   #155
BHPian

Vasoo, all these have different purposes. Polish is one among them. Just as an example, for your body, you have a body washes, face washes, body scrubs, face scrubs, hair removers, moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, toners etc etc etc, a car's surface and personality too has its needs. When its needs are fulfilled, the personality stands out and you say "wow".
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Surprised to see the extend to which you guys go to maintain the car spic and span. I have never even washed the car myself, forget about polishing. All the product names you mentioned here looks all Greek and Latin to me. Klasse, AIO, Black Diamond, Meguairs... Aren't these all just polishes of different brands or has different purpose.
Old 21st August 2010, 20:01   #156
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
Vasoo, all these have different purposes. Polish is one among them. Just as an example, for your body, you have a body washes, face washes, body scrubs, face scrubs, hair removers, moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, toners etc etc etc, a car's surface and personality too has its needs. When its needs are fulfilled, the personality stands out and you say "wow".
Very nice analogy i must say. The car surface is subject to the harshest conditions that we can imagine as its always exposed almost. Taking care of it is a personal choice and interest.
Vasoo- its an ocean out there, the list of products is mind boggling if you look at it. What we have in india, is almost NOTHING but we have almost all the worlds leading brands. This is probably the weirdest thing or a major opportunity for anyone looking. Not sure how to interpret your post, is it curiosity or maybe you are amused at people like me
If its the former, can maybe help, if the latter, kinda used to it, so no issues
Old 22nd August 2010, 09:49   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
.... Not sure how to interpret your post, is it curiosity or maybe you are amused at people like me
If its the former, can maybe help, if the latter, kinda used to it, so no issues
Thanks mkh. Its actually the former with a tinge of the latter! I definitely want to do something to my car to keep it it at the top shape.Let me know where to start.

in the service center last time when I complained about some rough finish to painted surface, they applied some stone (clay?) like thing on the car and then applied some white paste and rubbed with cotton waste. It looked much better after that. Is that clay thing mandatory?
Old 24th August 2010, 15:22   #158
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Thanks mkh. Its actually the former with a tinge of the latter! I definitely want to do something to my car to keep it it at the top shape.Let me know where to start.

in the service center last time when I complained about some rough finish to painted surface, they applied some stone (clay?) like thing on the car and then applied some white paste and rubbed with cotton waste. It looked much better after that. Is that clay thing mandatory?
Vasoo- clay is essential to clean up the surface and prepare for the next steps. Once in about 6 months is required. To start with , need someone to have a look at its condition and then suggest. Its like a doctor/health consultant seeing and then suggesting what sort of exercise regime to follow.
However having a decent microfiber cloth and using that opposed to any normal cloth is a starting point even if having the washing guys do your car

Meanwhile the newly acquired driving style and little care has resulted in the FE indicator going up to 14.1! I am sure its almost accurate as the range tells me about 273km to go and already 260 travelled on the last fill which was about 33liters. Its amusing to see how people just zip around (esp the taxi guys) and waste fuel as in the traffic you just cannot get more than 50 odd meters ahead anyways before the next breaker or congestion makes you slow down.
Old 27th August 2010, 14:30   #159
mkh
Senior - BHPian

What a weird little situation i am facing: Sometime back i started to feel that just at the last part of the clutch press, there is something like a minor rubbing that i feel. Its almost like when a spring does not get release smoothly.
Had shown it to the SA, went for a long drive in fact but the guy just did not feel it! Almost like the doc cannot understand your pain cause its only you who feel it!
Came back and now its almost everyday that i feel it. It happens only when i go in stop and go and when the clutch is half pressed and slowly released.
Wondering if this can be lubrication issue or maybe potentially something bigger if not fixed now!
Will maybe try again and show it, hope it happens when the guy is driving it!
Old 27th August 2010, 14:52   #160
Senior - BHPian

@mkh: I have seen that happening in my car. When I saw it happening, it was clutch pulling the carpet, which had moved slightly up. All I had to do was put the carpet in place.
Old 27th August 2010, 19:40   #161
BHPian

mkh, i too feel the same thing....a miniscule grinding sometimes. The SA doesnt feel it but there are two things that could be causing it....the spring inside the clutch boot (near the clutch bleed nipple, you can hear it sometimes when you release the clutch pedal) or the pedal hinge (get WD 40 on the pedal and it should go). I feel the grind towards the last part of my clutch release in a stop and go traffic and that too sometimes. mkh, do you also feel a very gentle vibration once in a while? Even after bleeding the clutch, i feel the vibration sometimes in stop and go traffic though it has come down drastically.

Quote:
What a weird little situation i am facing: Sometime back i started to feel that just at the last part of the clutch press, there is something like a minor rubbing that i feel. Its almost like when a spring does not get release smoothly.
Had shown it to the SA, went for a long drive in fact but the guy just did not feel it! Almost like the doc cannot understand your pain cause its only you who feel it!
Came back and now its almost everyday that i feel it. It happens only when i go in stop and go and when the clutch is half pressed and slowly released.
Wondering if this can be lubrication issue or maybe potentially something bigger if not fixed now!
Will maybe try again and show it, hope it happens when the guy is driving it!
Old 27th August 2010, 22:48   #162
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Well looks like i am not alone in this! What i did is tried to press it with my hand once stopped and i can feel that it does not come up fully smoothly, instead some feeling as if its rubbing against something inside. If it was the mat or something, it should not happen in this case as i could see no obstruction with the mat.
Had heard nirmal mention WD40 also, will see if can drop in to the center tomorrow as its close and get this done up. Quite annoying at times- clearly not a normal rubbing but the kind of feeling like a spring releases without adequate lubrication and mind you if done swiftly, does not happen, only when press and release slooowly or keep it pressed half.
Old 27th August 2010, 23:22   #163
BHPian

mkh, there is a thread dedicated to this issue - it is faced by others:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hc-clutch.html
Old 28th August 2010, 00:15   #164
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
mkh, there is a thread dedicated to this issue - it is faced by others:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hc-clutch.html
thanks- saw that a couple of people reported this too. Nayyar had a major issue with shuddering, do not have that at all for sure. This looks to me more like a problem with inadequate grease or lubrication or something as its not that annoying but when stop and go traffic release its very obvious.
Lets see what the SA tells me tomorrow when i show him the obvious roughness felt when pressing with your hand!
Old 28th August 2010, 00:56   #165
BHPian

If going to Whitefield, speak to the SA Srinivas. Also talk to James (the Customer Service) and let Ganesh work the car. They know what exactly you are feeling and they rectified it on my car. These hydraulic clutches can be pretty tough to diagnose...simply too many variables. I have come to believe that bleeding the clutch is a remedy to many of the problems.
mkh, just check if they can open the boot of the clutch that i mentioned and spray WD40 on it too. I opened up my bonnet when i had the problem, had my friend press the clutch and noticed the grind coming from under the boot (there is a spring i was told). Just a few pointers from my side.
Quote:
thanks- saw that a couple of people reported this too. Nayyar had a major issue with shuddering, do not have that at all for sure. This looks to me more like a problem with inadequate grease or lubrication or something as its not that annoying but when stop and go traffic release its very obvious.
Lets see what the SA tells me tomorrow when i show him the obvious roughness felt when pressing with your hand!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks