Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 16:12   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Meanwhile i realized that the slotting issue is mainly cause we are not pressing the clutch all the way down.
I started applying that little more toe pressure and its better. Does not tire the leg as the clutch is smooth but needs that little extra effort.
Initially I had also same problem with my ANHC. But after 1 month, I realised the my habit from Santro gear change is the problem.
In Santro, I could change the gears with clutch pressed 3/4th.

As you have indicated, now I press it all the way down (specially druing shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear) to have smooth change.

Quote:
I asked him about what do they do in the 3M surface treatment, he had no idea.
I did the 3m underbody treatment during the first service. You can check the details (waranty and the cost) in my thread.
Old 30th July 2010, 16:54   #122
BHPian

Quote:
I told them clearly NOT to wash my car, which they happily did not, but all over my car were fingerprint marks
2. The car was NOT fully inspected by the advisor before giving me back, it had black fingerprint marks on the seat, arm rests, which is a free gift with every visit i have made so far and i think will be the norm
You should have given a written feedback. Anyway I guess they will call you soon for the feedback. Mention the point clearly and they will definitely give you a free wash. (They are very worried about their points going down in the feedback)

I feel Honda is way better than others when it comes to the "house-keeping" part.
Old 30th July 2010, 18:31   #123
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Mkh - Have been facing such issues without fail & am looking for a change for the 30 K service coming up, any reviews of Magnum ? Dakshin is not much better than Whitefield !

Follow up call - Whats that !?!? I have never received any call Does something like that exist in Whitefield Honda ?

Honda has a lousy call center too, the executives handling it there have poor technical knowledge, they will just pass it on to the dealership technical guy who will call you !!
Old 30th July 2010, 21:31   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Mkh - Have been facing such issues without fail & am looking for a change for the 30 K service coming up, any reviews of Magnum ? Dakshin is not much better than Whitefield !

Follow up call - Whats that !?!? I have never received any call Does something like that exist in Whitefield Honda ?

Honda has a lousy call center too, the executives handling it there have poor technical knowledge, they will just pass it on to the dealership technical guy who will call you !!
Well the truth is, you are trying to opt for a banana from a rotten lot. I have no experience with Dakshin or Whitefiled, I can tell you that Magnum is no good either. I had given a feedback after 3rd free service about not happy about the Horn issue not being fixed. I was promised a call back 2 months back and I am still waiting. I will handle this timely and will share that experience in TBHP. Having said that Magnum will score a fraction better than the other two from various feedback from bangalore ANHC owners.

Oh man talk about the Honda call center folks. They are just sitting there to re-divert the call to Dealers, irrespective of type of query/complaint.
Honda if you are listening, let me suggest you that you can save a lot of money by installing an EPABX box to re-divert the calls.
Old 31st July 2010, 00:47   #125
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Well the truth is, you are trying to opt for a banana from a rotten lot. I have no experience with Dakshin or Whitefiled, I can tell you that Magnum is no good either. I had given a feedback after 3rd free service about not happy about the Horn issue not being fixed. I was promised a call back 2 months back and I am still waiting. I will handle this timely and will share that experience in TBHP. Having said that Magnum will score a fraction better than the other two from various feedback from bangalore ANHC owners.

Oh man talk about the Honda call center folks. They are just sitting there to re-divert the call to Dealers, irrespective of type of query/complaint.
Honda if you are listening, let me suggest you that you can sa
ve a lot of money by installing an EPABX box to re-divert the calls.
this makes me wonder, are we so helpless even after being in a select bracket? does it serve much purpose to post here when none will take any notice? makes me question the value we get by giving any feedback, here or otherwise
Old 16th August 2010, 12:36   #126
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Well the much awaited feedback finally came from Honda. However looked more like a formality to me. I told the lady that my buying experience was good except that the dealer used a 10 Rupee cloth to clean a 10 lacs car!!
They should minimum buy a new 100 bucks micro and use that and just hand it over to the customer or dump it. Surely 100 bucks will not hurt them but will NOT at all hurt the sentiments and the surface of the car. The point was noted but i am certain will not be taken into action, unless a miracle happens and this lands up on the desk of someone like me. Wish can be the Customer experience coach for them or something for a while!
Today got an email too with a link to provide feedback, will make use of that and hope it reaches the right person.
A quick update on the reverse sensor problem: Went to the dealership and got it fixed, the reason quoted was "dust", weird but its fine now
All the more reason that i always advocate buying a car from a dealership that is close by, what a pain it would have been to travel 15km 1 way to just get this looked at!
In this visit i had a very interesting and rewarding experience- met with a very experienced person to who i wanted to show the clutch issue- that its getting squeaky when i go through that tedious stop and go stretch for 15 minutes.
The guy showed me a few tips- what is the optimum driving position in the ANHC and how to position that you do not tire out.
My hatchback experience had left me with a few things to learn, found that out!
Another very interesting thing, he showed me how the honda engine can slot into 5th gear at even 30km/hr when moving steadily and how the RPM just falls off making the car move almost with no press of the accelerator!
I tried that out over the past 2 days and its amazing cause i can see the FE progress bar hit 30+. I think its tough to explain but found out how i can have the RPM hit its lowest by making use of high gears even at low speeds and as a result see the FE indicators jump. Today the digital indicator says 13.5 for me and hope to see this climb up and this tank full return me 14+.
Its interesting because the RPM touches 2500+ very fast in the honda engine, it being rev friendly and keeping it sub 2K by slotting into higher gear does not stall the car and keeps the running very smooth indeed!
Old 16th August 2010, 15:14   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Another very interesting thing, he showed me how the honda engine can slot into 5th gear at even 30km/hr when moving steadily and how the RPM just falls off making the car move almost with no press of the accelerator!
I tried that out over the past 2 days and its amazing cause i can see the FE progress bar hit 30+. I think its tough to explain but found out how i can have the RPM hit its lowest by making use of high gears even at low speeds and as a result see the FE indicators jump.
I am also practicing same thing, after learning the driving tips as indicated by other members. In city conditions, I press the accelerator just to maintain the speed around 40 kmph.

So far I am getting good results with FE, with the on board avg. indicator showing around 13.8 km/l.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:34   #128
BHPian

I started having problems lately with my service guys, they do minor things and their grease hands are there all over my back sear, they clean the car interiors like Matts but they did not clean the seats with marks on them. When their advisers had called for a feedback i complained about it for which they called the car back for cleaning but to my surprise the marks were still there.

Another issue is with my car I have had problems with FE, probably my driving habit, though I did mention to the service guys a number of times about it.
Typically before the first service average of car in City on full to full tank was 10.5 to 11kmpl
then after every service it started dropping:
after 1st service average was around 10kmpl
after 2nd service around 9kmpl
after 3rd service between 7.5 to 8.5kmpl

After complaining all the time, there was this meter put on my car and later did an average run. Their driver was driving at all times below 40kmh and below 1500 rpm due to which the average showed was 11kmpl on their meter.
The meter showed exactly how much petrol was being used which was then averaged out with the kilometers we traveled, though I was pretty angry that time as these were not the right conditions a person would drive their car in, later I was asked to check the average again but there was no improvement

My driving habits are still fine I think, during the trial runs for checking the average I used to most of the time change gears at 2000rpm. I also did try changing at 1500rpm for which I was not too comfortable
Finally I have given up and am enjoying the drive
Old 16th August 2010, 16:54   #129
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_tejash View Post
I started having problems lately with my service guys, they do minor things and their grease hands are there all over my back sear, they clean the car interiors like Matts but they did not clean the seats with marks on them. When their advisers had called for a feedback i complained about it for which they called the car back for cleaning but to my surprise the marks were still there.

Another issue is with my car I have had problems with FE, probably my driving habit, though I did mention to the service guys a number of times about it.
Typically before the first service average of car in City on full to full tank was 10.5 to 11kmpl

After complaining all the time, there was this meter put on my car and later did an average run. Their driver was driving at all times below 40kmh and below 1500 rpm due to which the average showed was 11kmpl on their meter.
The meter showed exactly how much petrol was being used which was then averaged out with the kilometers we traveled, though I was pretty angry that time as these were not the right conditions a person would drive their car in, later I was asked to check the average again but there was no improvement

My driving habits are still fine I think, during the trial runs for checking the average I used to most of the time change gears at 2000rpm. I also did try changing at 1500rpm for which I was not too comfortable
Having dirty hands on the car interiors resulting in stains is a known and accepted problem, i just stand there and get it cleaned till i am satisfied and not lose patience. Problem is understandable, how can you train the guy who is handling the car to be careful, he is not that concerned.
As for FE, the person who i interacted with told me about a similar case, but the issue with that customer was his gears changed post 3000 RPM. Very rare to have FE below 11 reported on the ANHC
Old 16th August 2010, 17:18   #130
BHPian

Quote:

7-8 kms mileage is real bad, my ANHC AT is giving almost 10 kmpl under normal driving involving few spirited sprints. It stated with 8.5 and then 9 now after 9 months its giving around 10 in bangalore city.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:52   #131
BHPian

@Tejas, Its good to say ignorance is bliss; but this bliss will eventually burn hole in your pocket

Quote:
All the figures you quoted above need real attention as they are below par on any scale, I guess infact the ANHC A/T versions may perform better than this in city.

I have driven my new ANHC-VMT now for over 2900 KM's and I had consistanly got the FE over or around 15/lit (Calculated by Tankfull -TankFull method). All figures below with continuous AC ON. I have daily running of 30KM x 2= 60 Kms to-fro to office.
When its 50% city + 50% bypass road (can't really call it Highway + Hinjewadi traffic) I get 17+ /lit.
When its 80% city + 20% bypass road I get 15+/ lit.

According to my observations you can boost your ANHC FE if you pay close attentions to details below:

1) Refill at a reliable bunk. My tank fulls are usually up to the max, upto hoses near the tank cap.

2) Drive within the RPM limit of 2000-2250 max.

3) Drive in the top gear as much as possible. (Be sure that you are not ruining the gear change ratio as against the current vehicle speed)

4) Try to maintain speed of 80 kmph such that you only press the gas to take care of rolling friction to maintain the speed (Its difficult to do it one needs to concentrate). The vehicle inertia/momentum plays a lot of role here. When I mean 80 kmph, I really mean 80 not less not more.

Here is the thread in which StarVB has beautifully compiled different aspects of ANHC driving recommendations
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1400115
Old 17th August 2010, 11:40   #132
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@Tejas, Its good to say ignorance is bliss; but this bliss will eventually burn hole in your pocket

All the figures you quoted above need real attention as they are below par on any scale, I guess infact the ANHC A/T versions may perform better than this in city.

I have driven my new ANHC-VMT now for over 2900 KM's and I had consistanly got the FE over or around 15/lit (Calculated by Tankfull -TankFull method). All figures below with continuous AC ON. I have daily running of 30KM x 2= 60 Kms to-fro to office.
When its 50% city + 50% bypass road (can't really call it Highway + Hinjewadi traffic) I get 17+ /lit.
When its 80% city + 20% bypass road I get 15+/ lit.

According to my observations you can boost your ANHC FE if you pay close attentions to details below:

1) Refill at a reliable bunk. My tank fulls are usually up to the max, upto hoses near the tank cap.

2) Drive within the RPM limit of 2000-2250 max.

3) Drive in the top gear as much as possible. (Be sure that you are not ruining the gear change ratio as against the current vehicle speed)

4) Try to maintain speed of 80 kmph such that you only press the gas to take care of rolling friction to maintain the speed (Its difficult to do it one needs to concentrate). The vehicle inertia/momentum plays a lot of role here. When I mean 80 kmph, I really mean 80 not less not more.

Here is the thread in which StarVB has beautifully compiled different aspects of ANHC driving recommendations
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1400115
Its quite interesting that what is recommended actually is not the optimal in my short experience. Ex If you see the RPM will touch 2500+ easily if you are in 2nd gear and crossing 30Km/hr so its not a good idea to change gears only then. I see that practically once the RPM nears 2K a shift up is fine, UNLESS one is going to stop again. Even on a speed of 30 in 3rd gear i see the needle come close to 2K.
Difficult to describe but when i see that i am going to continue in motion, moving a gear up give a easier run of the engine for that duration and hence the FE reading goes up.
If one is just moving a gear up to slot down immediately or very soon, not a good idea to move up. I think its more of observation and practical experience than reading up that helps come to the best FE driving experience, thats just IMHO.

Last edited by mkh : 17th August 2010 at 11:43.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:10   #133
BHPian

Quote:
If one is just moving a gear up to slot down immediately or very soon, not a good idea to move up. I think its more of observation and practical experience than reading up that helps come to the best FE driving experience, thats just IMHO.
I agree with the above.
Finally it comes down to practically how well you take care of your vehicle when running in terms or gear change ratio and instataneous its speed; thats the very reason I said "Be sure that you are not ruining the gear change ratio as against the current vehicle speed".
Old 17th August 2010, 15:04   #134
BHPian

@All
Thanks for the the suggestions, I had tried a lot for the fuel efficiency but nothing has really worked
I have started to get my fuel from another pump now as it is a possibility that my present one was giving adulterated fuel which I really doubt as it is quite a reputed one, then too who knows...
I have been usually changing the gears below 2000 rpm or even as low as 1500 rpm sometimes but I do feel it is not practical for daily driving.

One more thing, how much would the tire pressure effect the average? I have heard that if it is filled lower than advised then there is a possibility that the average really drops. I used to fill less air in the tires as one of the service guys recommended it so I really don't feel the bumps on the road as my driving consists a lot on bad roads
Old 17th August 2010, 16:15   #135
BHPian

Quote:
@All
One more thing, how much would the tire pressure effect the average? I have heard that if it is filled lower than advised then there is a possibility that the average really drops. I used to fill less air in the tires as one of the service guys recommended it so I really don't feel the bumps on the road as my driving consists a lot on bad roads
Yes changing the refueling pump is certainly a good idea with least effort or impact.

I think the Low Air pressure will certainly affect the mileage (depends- I guess by around 10-20%).
Low air pressure increases the road grip (recomended during monsoons for braking) but it also increases the rolling friction of the vehicle which needs to be compensated by burning more gas.

Its true slightly low air pressuer also gives you a good cushion ride.

Most Viewed