Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 18:30   #166
mkh
Senior - BHPian

@nayyar- saw your message a little late, was almost done with the job when i saw this on my phone browser. However they did open the bonnet and did some work. Asked james( as he know this case) what did they do and he told me and showed me, they applied silicone based grease and also additional grease. No cluth bleeding needed. He assured that nothing will go wrong and the minor feeling will be cause of the liquid going up and down when you press the clutch.
I mentioned about you and he said he was aware of the case.
Hope that i do not face this again, its a complicated deal to identify and fix a car's issue especially if its not obvious. Nothing less if not more than fixing the human body based on patients symptoms!
Had a nice time seeing the clutch operations internally a little bit and also having people stare in amazement and admiration at the car's condition!
I jokingly mentioned, why not direct some customers who REALLY want pro car care to me
Clearly for most of the people who get some treatment etc on the surface from so called pro's, its a complete hogwash they do and with cheap products and no knowledge of what they are doing. Surely the temporary results are great as the shine can be seen, but what really has been done- nothing much.
Looks like people really need some proper and professional surface treatment expertise!( going by what the service center guys told and what a couple of customers were asking me!)
Old 28th August 2010, 23:34   #167
BHPian

mkh i am happy that the forum is really helping know more about the car and solve issues. Really collaborative. Also, yes since you take so much personal care to keep your car spic and span, you ought to be proud of it and you deserve all the great admiring glances. Since i have been driving in the rains, my car is too dirty and tomorrow is that day that i would dedicate to it. The guy who has the wash contract at Whitefield is knowlegeable to some extent but he cant keep an eye on the boys who would scrub your car to death. And i agree, problems which are not repeatable and crop up once in a while are hard to sort out and give you sleepless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
@nayyar- saw your message a little late, was almost done with the job when i saw this on my phone browser. However they did open the bonnet and did some work. Asked james( as he know this case) what did they do and he told me and showed me, they applied silicone based grease and also additional grease. No cluth bleeding needed. He assured that nothing will go wrong and the minor feeling will be cause of the liquid going up and down when you press the clutch.
I mentioned about you and he said he was aware of the case.
Hope that i do not face this again, its a complicated deal to identify and fix a car's issue especially if its not obvious. Nothing less if not more than fixing the human body based on patients symptoms!
Had a nice time seeing the clutch operations internally a little bit and also having people stare in amazement and admiration at the car's condition!
I jokingly mentioned, why not direct some customers who REALLY want pro car care to me
Clearly for most of the people who get some treatment etc on the surface from so called pro's, its a complete hogwash they do and with cheap products and no knowledge of what they are doing. Surely the temporary results are great as the shine can be seen, but what really has been done- nothing much.
Looks like people really need some proper and professional surface treatment expertise!( going by what the service center guys told and what a couple of customers were asking me!)
Old 30th August 2010, 19:07   #168
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Thanks nayyar. Today i took my car out after saturday, and i am a little frustrated to say that the clutch is not as easy to operate as it was before. Cannot really explain but needs that extra bit push, and i thought it was lubricated etc. Not the first time that i have seen SA try to fix things but end up not making much progress. The minor rubbing feeling is there, it was there in fact when i was taking the car the same day but he told me its a feeling of the liquid movement when u press.
Having driven multiple cars and over 10 years, all i can say is that one needs to wish that we do NOT get any niggling issues in the clutch esp when we buy a new car. Having gone through something similar in the new i-10, which got sorted out with use, hope that with some use and over the months, it gets settled down. Sometimes it helps not to bother too much. For now just not going to pay too much attention as it may not be that big an issue. Maybe the long drive that i plan to go on soon will open the car out( as it did with the i10) and smoothen out such things
Old 30th August 2010, 20:54   #169
BHPian

Infact i am feeling the same over my pedal. I too am sure that this is not serious. A little bit of grind sometimes, a minor feel of vibration in a stop and go or while parking at times.Takes the fun out of driving.According to the SA it is all normal...so frustrating. By the way is is a characteristic of the hydraulic clutch??I am waiting for the rains to get over coz many cars develop roughness and temporary irregularities...
Quote:
Thanks nayyar. Today i took my car out after saturday, and i am a little frustrated to say that the clutch is not as easy to operate as it was before. Cannot really explain but needs that extra bit push, and i thought it was lubricated etc. Not the first time that i have seen SA try to fix things but end up not making much progress. The minor rubbing feeling is there, it was there in fact when i was taking the car the same day but he told me its a feeling of the liquid movement when u press.
Having driven multiple cars and over 10 years, all i can say is that one needs to wish that we do NOT get any niggling issues in the clutch esp when we buy a new car. Having gone through something similar in the new i-10, which got sorted out with use, hope that with some use and over the months, it gets settled down. Sometimes it helps not to bother too much. For now just not going to pay too much attention as it may not be that big an issue. Maybe the long drive that i plan to go on soon will open the car out( as it did with the i10) and smoothen out such things
Old 30th August 2010, 22:23   #170
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
Infact i am feeling the same over my pedal. I too am sure that this is not serious. A little bit of grind sometimes, a minor feel of vibration in a stop and go or while parking at times.Takes the fun out of driving.According to the SA it is all normal...so frustrating. By the way is is a characteristic of the hydraulic clutch??I am waiting for the rains to get over coz many cars develop roughness and temporary irregularities...
quite possible, what i observed in my i10- it was not smooth and had the feeling of being sluggish and clutch hard till i went on a long trip and went upto speeds of 80+. Even me and my wife both felt that post that trip, it was smoother and things seems to have opened up in the car.
Its something that should get better for sure, however as you said, gets the fun out of a great experience otherwise. Guess the best car is one which suits and fits and gives a trouble free experience after all!!!
Old 31st August 2010, 10:44   #171
BHPian

Quote:
quite possible, what i observed in my i10- it was not smooth and had the feeling of being sluggish and clutch hard till i went on a long trip and went upto speeds of 80+. Even me and my wife both felt that post that trip, it was smoother and things seems to have opened up in the car.
Its something that should get better for sure, however as you said, gets the fun out of a great experience otherwise. Guess the best car is one which suits and fits and gives a trouble free experience after all!!!
I agree. I took my one week old ANHC for a long drive (900 kms) this weekend. There is a noticeable difference in the car performance before and after the trip. I suggest take it for a long drive. There is a long weekend coming up next week!
Old 31st August 2010, 16:23   #172
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
I agree. I took my one week old ANHC for a long drive (900 kms) this weekend. There is a noticeable difference in the car performance before and after the trip. I suggest take it for a long drive. There is a long weekend coming up next week!
A lot has to do with the fact the many parts need to run in, falls in line with the theory that for about 5K kms its the run in period for the car. New parts need to have some friction generated for them to ease out. Not a mechanical guy, but know this much about machines. Am going out of town this weekend, next weekend cannot, so hopefully when back will have pics and some updates too. Just would love to have a smooth clutch on this car, the rest all is great.
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:33   #173
BHPian

Quote:
All these products were sourced from the US and are not locally available. I do get some extra when i order and then post them on the classifieds section for those who need. ( there are a few posted now)
Hi MKH,

Iam interested in purchasing the surplus you have, let me know the products that are available, would pick them up right away.

You inspired me to do it on my own,

Cheers
Raghu
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:00   #174
BHPian

Does anyone know when is this new honda city facelift shown in the CNB show () coming?

PS: Sorry, slightly off topic. Mods, please move to a relevant thread if there is one.
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:33   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Does anyone know when is this new honda city facelift shown in the CNB show coming?
It's not the facelift, just the same city loaded with accessories, the front panel, the skirting, the windows molding, the tail lamp all are accessories and available on hefty prices.

Last edited by TheBeastFieast : 2nd September 2010 at 19:36.
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:54   #176
BHPian

Even my ANHC also has similar problems in gear shift. Shifting from Neutral to first and first to second requires some effort and gives a sound like "clung"..Not able to explain it properly. Pointed out to the service advisor who probably greased it but now I face the problem again. Service and knowledge levels at Honda Dealers is an issue.

Can you suggest something regarding the weak headlights of ANHC? The delaer says upgrading to a higher wattage bulb shall void the warranty! In fact warranty getting void is a standard answer with the dealers here in Delhi. Have experienced this with atleast two delaers. Further, I see that the door beadings especially the rear ones have started wearing out and have got loose. This is not covered under warranty. What to do. My car has covered only 9000kms since March 09.[/quote]
Old 4th September 2010, 11:06   #177
BHPian

Hi Sandeep,

Door beadings are very much covered under warranty ! Call up the Honda helpline & register a warranty claim, go & show the same to the dealer.

All 4 door beadings, of our ANHC inner & outer were replaced free of cost under warranty when they started tearing.

ANHC OE lights are pathetic, i just upgraded to a Philips 6000K HID kit to get over these issues. Dramatically improved performance ! I dont know about the warranty. No wiring was cut to install it, just the plug & play types.
Old 4th September 2010, 12:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
It's not the facelift, just the same city loaded with accessories, the front panel, the skirting, the windows molding, the tail lamp all are accessories and available on hefty prices.
Just jumping in here, but honestly I didn't think it looked very good. Of course, that's a personal opinion Gave me a bit of a heart attack though wondering if there was an upgraded city on it's way...considering that I just got my ANHC 3 days back!
Old 4th September 2010, 21:39   #179
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi MKH,

Iam interested in purchasing the surplus you have, let me know the products that are available, would pick them up right away.

You inspired me to do it on my own,

Cheers
Raghu
Cool, i got some micro to spare for now, expecting a few things soon, will post them to you as soon as i get them( a week or so).
Old 5th September 2010, 12:11   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Just jumping in here, but honestly I didn't think it looked very good. Of course, that's a personal opinion Gave me a bit of a heart attack though wondering if there was an upgraded city on it's way...considering that I just got my ANHC 3 days back!
Me too didnt liked any of those. But I just got to know that there is a updated 'V' model with leather upholstery and some more chrome is coming up, they need a reason to raise the prices

I wont miss them too, But if they launch any updated model with ACC then I dont know how I will handle that.

Last edited by TheBeastFieast : 5th September 2010 at 12:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks