Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 14:22   #16
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. The k10 in white looks smashing!

Quote:
The ICE i hav installed in new. Could not move from the older one as the sales guy told me that the ICE have particular coding with the vehicle in which it is installed and if removed then the warranty lapse.
This doesn't quite sound right, but well you got new ICE in the bargain
Old 20th August 2010, 14:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Looks AWESOME in white. I love the muscular look on the front end. Congrats on the new car and wish you many miles of happy and safe riding.

I thought there would be a waiting period for the K10 since it was just launched but last weekend i saw a rust colored K10 on the outskirts of Blore. I was on my way back from chennai. Was pleasantly surprised to see it so soon on the roads.

I am so very tempted to trade in my 2003 Maruti 800 for this beauty. But i rarely drive nowadays and its restricted to weekends only so i guess i'll wait a bit.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:38   #18
BHPian

There is no change in interiors of K10 right?
Old 20th August 2010, 14:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the White Alto. the front looks better with the chrome and the better OVRMs.

Enjoy many more miles with the car. Keep the thread updated on the ownership experience and the mileage.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:13   #20
BHPian

"K"ongrats Man on this "Rocket" purchase. It looks a stunner in White, spice it up with some nice Alloy/Tyre upgrade.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:35   #21
BHPian

Congrats on getting the Alto K10. Looks good in white color. Happy and safe driving.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:56   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your new car buddy. Good comparative insight we are getting from you indeed. Do keep us posted on how different you feel in you new ride in comparison to the older one as you start clocking the miles.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:07   #23
BHPian

Contrats Buddy for your new K10. Mod it with FFE and K&N. you'll have a blast!!
Enjoy your new ride!!

Cheers,
Abhi
Old 20th August 2010, 20:06   #24
BHPian

Finally the first K10 on the forum. Congrats it looks smashing in that white avatar. How do you find the difference in the gear shifts??
Waiting to hear more about the FE and driving experience.
Old 20th August 2010, 21:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new K10!
The new speedo tacho design looks wonderful!Those needles will be dancing quite a lot i guess.
I guess this thread will convince quite a few alto 800 owners to upgrade to the new K10.
David,time to change your avatar pic!
Old 21st August 2010, 01:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car bro

Eagerly gonna follow your thread as I am still undecided between K10 and Estilo (the 50k offer pulling the strings here). Also, please update about the tyres. Is a change necessary?

Cheers.
Decision is tough to make taking into consideration the two vehicles you are stuck in. The tyres are fine and i did not find any reason to change. The ride is quite good with the stock tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
There is no change in interiors of K10 right?
There is no change, but some improvements are made like fabric trim in doors, the a/c vents are black coloured and even smoother operation than the earlier one. I am attaching the pictures of interior as well. The seats have changed with integrated head rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the White Alto. the front looks better with the chrome and the better OVRMs.

Enjoy many more miles with the car. Keep the thread updated on the ownership experience and the mileage.
Front looks really good with chrome and the OVRMs provided are must and works very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Finally the first K10 on the forum. Congrats it looks smashing in that white avatar. How do you find the difference in the gear shifts??
Waiting to hear more about the FE and driving experience.
There is a lot of difference as far as gear shifts is concerned. It is very very smooth and gives you feel of driving with pleasure. The particular "Tak-Tak" sound while changing gears in old Alto is all gone. The new sporty gear knob is a perfect improvement. Its all new cable type gear shift and smooth than the 800cc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Congrats on your new K10!
The new speedo tacho design looks wonderful!Those needles will be dancing quite a lot i guess.
I guess this thread will convince quite a few alto 800 owners to upgrade to the new K10.
David,time to change your avatar pic!
Yes, the needles indeed dance ! The moment is start engine, all i see is the needle in the tachometer jumping to 2000rpm. This car really gives you feel of power.

Some more pictures.
Kindly note the Alto embossed in the rear door moulding just like the Mahindra Scorpio. So we can call the new one as pocket sized Scorpio !!

Also a very good feature that is included in the Vxi variant. Now the boot space can be opened from the switch provided under drivers seat. Just like the fuel lid opener.
Attached Thumbnails
My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01728.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01733.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01735.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01737.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01738.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01739.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01740.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01741.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01742.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 09:03   #27
BHPian

Congratulations!!!.

I am not sure if it has been already told or its just me who has this feeling.
The K10 looks like a mini accent to me (especially the front).
Old 21st August 2010, 09:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

congos buddy,she looks absolutely smashing

Happy driving.
Old 21st August 2010, 11:20   #29
BHPian

Nice pictures. Congrats on the purchase. The K-10 Alto IMHO looks better than the Zen Estilo and the new Wagon-R. I only wish Maruti were thoughtful enough to provide a rear windscreen wiper and a defogger on this car, atleast on the VXi variant.

Also noticed that you car had only 6km on the ODO during delivery. Inconsequential as it might sound, I personally feel good to know the car hasn't been "driven" much before it is delivered to you. Have seen some cars with temporary numbers being driven quite rash to the showroom.

Last edited by Dippy : 21st August 2010 at 12:26. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 21st August 2010, 11:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Congratulations!!!.

I am not sure if it has been already told or its just me who has this feeling.
The K10 looks like a mini accent to me (especially the front).
Wow, I was just scrolling through this thread wondering if it was just me who thought this! LOL, you beat me to it!

Otherwise, congrats on the new car! This really looks like a great upgrade from the the old car. Well done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks