Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 21:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Superior White Alto K10

@Iqbal Veerji,

Congratulations on taming the tigress Veerji.
It was very kind of all of you to remember me, a very pleasant surprise indeed. We will definitely meet up and maybe I will sneak a tigress ride too. Meanwhile what is this about the second gear stalling.
Old 29th March 2011, 21:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Iqbalji, that was quite an experience, good you caught the dealer out on their sharp practice. I am sure such practices of palming off cars which have been used as demo cars or old ones must be going on all the time. You were smart enough to be attentive and your insistence on seeing the new car yourself paid off. The rapid turnover of the K10 means surely that cars are sold the moment they roll off the factory in Gurgaon and any car that is ex-stock has to raise your suspicions. One can't even know if it is a car that was damaged in transit and could not be delivered to some other customer.

Lesson for all of us - you must go to the farthest extent possible - even if it means going all the way from Bombay to Khopoli to actually check out the car - like what Iqbalji did.

I think you must file this story with JD Powers - assuming there is some way you can give them this feedback - since Maruti appears to have mastered the technique of getting customer satisfaction accolades year after year. Hopefully, that will ensure that such unethical practices do not recur.

Finally, congrats on the new acquisition, enjoy the drive, let us have a meet for that!
Kumar ji, thank you very very much for the compliments and now I would request you to take a test drive on my car in our next meet and eat because your CHARAN in my car will make her habitual traveller to far off places and will show her real capabilities and she may be thanking our Kumar ji who gave her oppurtunity to do so. Thank you once again sir ji,
Old 29th March 2011, 22:12   #108
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car Iqbalji. She looks awesome in white. And about the 'kahaani', typical Maruti drama. Sadly, the salesmen have targets, and will sell a 2010 car to an unsuspecting customer. Again, once you receive your RC card, please go through it thoroughly. Check if all details are proper.

And yes, blacken the pillars. About painting the other parts white, don't do it. Looks good the way it is. Put in good ICE for now, and time for some balle balle!

Hope to meet you again, very soon.

Cheers!
Cartman.
Old 29th March 2011, 22:14   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@Iqbal Veerji,

Congratulations on taming the tigress Veerji.
It was very kind of all of you to remember me, a very pleasant surprise indeed. We will definitely meet up and maybe I will sneak a tigress ride too. Meanwhile what is this about the second gear stalling.
Thank you for congratulating me sir ji,The Second gear problem is as follows.
In the first gear the car is spinning wheels and taking off but when second gear is engaged is flattens down and when I am lifting my foot from accelerator little bit it becomes allright, I have used it only for 90 kms from day one till now.
I will speak to the service guys or immediately as of now our earlier users of K10 may tell me about this freak problem.
But otherwise this car is a BOMB .AC is chilling, tested in yesterdays sultery weather also, and evening time it is superb.
Enjoying all accessaries .Only immediate need is a good DUAL HORN maybe HELLA or BOSCH , I will do it tomorrow.
Sir ji you must take a test drive of this toy you will love this car.Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Congratulations on your new car Iqbalji. She looks awesome in white. And about the 'kahaani', typical Maruti drama. Sadly, the salesmen have targets, and will sell a 2010 car to an unsuspecting customer. Again, once you receive your RC card, please go through it thoroughly. Check if all details are proper.

And yes, blacken the pillars. About painting the other parts white, don't do it. Looks good the way it is. Put in good ICE for now, and time for some balle balle!

Hope to meet you again, very soon.

Cheers!
Cartman.
Thank you for congratulating ,OK Boss I have presently given up idea of painting those portions white since there are so many no no no no. and dont do it etc. About ICE I have one at home kept safely which was removed from my old car sold recently with AMP and WOOFERS and OVAL GOOD SPEAKERS, cables wires etc. This system is a BLAST. This was installed by BASS.COM at Andheri . but right now dealer gave me a brand new JVC System WITH REMOTE free of cost along with the car ,let me enjoy it for some time then I will install my system which I am used to operating.I will post the existing ICE photo later.
Spoke to HV KUMAR JI, and KHOJ praji infact we are planning a meet in near future plsss come for the next meet for sure.Regds.ar

Last edited by Dippy : 1st April 2011 at 23:43. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 30th March 2011, 01:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

@Iqbalveerji hello sir,congrats on getting your alto K10.We own an K10 vxi also and after 5,000 kms it has given us no trouble whatsoever.

Our tigress looks beautiful in white and i would lake getting darker tints,and a set of alloys will be look good.Do you have any plans of getting better tyres?Some owners say stock tyres have very low grip but we found it adequate for city use.

Its a powerful car no doubt and the engine happily revs to the red line.

Thats very strange 2nd gear problem.In my opinion the first gear is a bit short,but the 2nd and 3rd gears are brilliant pulling the car from 20kmph with no problem.During the first few days i stalled a number of times in the first gear.I would say the gearboxes isnt one of the highlights in this car,not that smooth.

@jatinpatel

Hi you own a wonderful and very well maintained 800,so are thinking of upgrading to the alto?Another birthday gift?

Yes the steering is EPS and in traffic its a boon,doesnt require any effort and is superlight at parking speeds.Again on the highway at 3 digit speeds the car feel very composed and the steering doesnt feel so light,which is a good thing.
Since we had upgraded from an m800 ourselves i would say the EPS one has much less feedback and response,but somehow i prefer it because its effortless,and the amount of feedback is gives is not that bad.I would say you would not be missing much,but thats me.

Last edited by avishar : 30th March 2011 at 01:24.
Old 30th March 2011, 01:52   #111
BHPian

@avishar
Thanks for the compliment
NO WAYS am selling her, shes mine and will be mine forever my other cars will come and go but she's here to stay infact it's gonna be my wedding car.

Too many memories with her and now I kinda loved the attention it grabs due to it's uniqueness.
38k on the clock but still tight as new, drove my friends zen recently I thanked god that I didn't buy it as I didn't like it's steering response a bit it's was pathetic.

Well about lightness I know EPS cannot be compared with manual steering for effort
But a well maintained steering rack and steering components can match eps little bit in effort , but in terms of total road feedback nothin to beat manual steering.

@Iqbal sir
I would suggest to observe the stalling issue for few more kms
Had happened with my 800 too during it's initial 500kms it sorted out itself later.
Be careful in run in period
Dont exceed 2.3k rpm and during cold start let engine idle for 30sec before moving the car and let temperature rise a bit before starting the A/c it puts less load on engine.
Happy and delightful motoring.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 30th March 2011 at 01:57.
Old 30th March 2011, 08:52   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@avishar
NO WAYS am selling her, shes mine and will be mine forever my other cars will come and go but she's here to stay infact it's gonna be my wedding car.

Too many memories with her and now I kinda loved the attention it grabs due to it's uniqueness.
38k on the clock but still tight as new, drove my friends zen recently I thanked god that I didn't buy it as I didn't like it's steering response a bit it's was pathetic.

Well about lightness I know EPS cannot be compared with manual steering for effort
But a well maintained steering rack and steering components can match eps little bit in effort , but in terms of total road feedback nothin to beat manual steering.

@Iqbal sir
Had happened with my 800 too during it's initial 500kms it sorted out itself later.
Dont exceed 2.3k rpm and during cold start let engine idle for 30sec before moving the car and let temperature rise a bit before starting the A/c it puts less load on engine.
Yes dear all noted and accepted, infact run in period has started from showroom itself will go on till 4000kms , I did the same for our SWIFT VDI which my son uses. Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@avishar

@Iqbal sir
Jatin the stalling problem is correcting itself on its own, maybe now I got hang of driving habit which I adopted from yester day, anyway thanks to all who enquired about this issue which got solved as of now. I am enjoying the ride. Regards....

Last edited by Dippy : 1st April 2011 at 23:44. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 30th March 2011, 20:49   #113
BHPian

Iqbal Sirji,
Congratulations on the arrival of the White Tigress! Wish you many many miles of Happy Motoring Sir.
Good of you to catch on to the dealers ploy of palming off a 2010 model car. A lesson for all of us not to take the dealers word at face value!
The Maruti 800 has always been my all time favourite small car and now looks like the Alto has replaced it.
My two bits on the painting of the pillars, keep it as it is for now. Drive it around for a while and then maybe think of doing the painting.
Awaiting a proper test drive and ownership review from you Sir.
And this definitely calls for a meet! What say?
Old 31st March 2011, 08:56   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Iqbal Sirji,
Congratulations on the arrival of the White Tigress! Wish you many many miles of Happy Motoring Sir.
Good of you to catch on to the dealers ploy of palming off a 2010 model car. A lesson for all of us not to take the dealers word at face value!
The Maruti 800 has always been my all time favourite small car and now looks like the Alto has replaced it.
My two bits on the painting of the pillars, keep it as it is for now. Drive it around for a while and then maybe think of doing the painting.
Awaiting a proper test drive and ownership review from you Sir.
And this definitely calls for a meet! What say?
Thank you Gautam ji, for the compliments and about pillar painting you are right it must be done later. We all must have a meet , its high time for it , Regards...
Old 1st April 2011, 09:42   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Sumit I am planning to paint with superior white the front grille, both ORV mirrors ,door handles, foglamps bezzels, rear numberplate light black strip pls tell me how will it look ? Jatin has asked me to paste vinyl tape on all four doors frames but my friend at Milan subway ,that guy says Saab dont do it it comes off very fast.
@Iqbal Veerji ,
your car is brand new, avoid the painting etc , leave it for when the car gets older and you want a new look for the car.For now enjoy the fresh paint,the new car smell and the excellent pickup.

Let us on the FE of the k10.I like to call the new alto the K-10 monster,modify it for performance and you got one of hell of a hot hatch.

Enjoy the ride.I hope we can meet during one of T-BHP meets.
Old 1st April 2011, 10:30   #116
BHPian

Hi since there are lots of K10 owners here, I would like to put a question here:
How does the car feel compared to an old zen ((he 2002-2004 model)?

Reason: I had an old zen for 2 years. Loved the car. It was my first car, my first job, first money, and the way the car handled and the way the engine revved up through the roof. Now on and off, I have driven swifts, and other B segment cars of friends, but at home we only have had small cars Alto 800, wagon r. And my zen. So most of my experience is with small cars and am generally comfortable in them.

Now I had to sell the zen a year back and now in a different city a year later I have to buy a new car which I will keep for 2 years, before upgrading to a 4X4 5 seater. I gravitated towards the K10 (because for a filler car for 2 years it is cheap, I have liked the alto other than for its engine, and I like marutis, and there is too much confusion when you raise your budget to B segment), but my only concern so far is that I shouldn't feel I have gone down in the car scale, from a zen if I buy a k10. I will anyways test drive a K10 this weekend, but any k10 owners who have driven a zen, if you could clarify this petty and strong matter of heart for me?

Last edited by manolin : 1st April 2011 at 10:34.
Old 1st April 2011, 23:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Hi since there are lots of K10 owners here, I would like to put a question here:
How does the car feel compared to an old zen ((he 2002-2004 model)?

Reason: I had an old zen for 2 years. Loved the car. It was my first car, my first job, first money, and the way the car handled and the way the engine revved up through the roof. Now on and off, I have driven swifts, and other B segment cars of friends, but at home we only have had small cars Alto 800, wagon r. And my zen. So most of my experience is with small cars and am generally comfortable in them.

Now I had to sell the zen a year back and now in a different city a year later I have to buy a new car which I will keep for 2 years, before upgrading to a 4X4 5 seater. I gravitated towards the K10 (because for a filler car for 2 years it is cheap, I have liked the alto other than for its engine, and I like marutis, and there is too much confusion when you raise your budget to B segment), but my only concern so far is that I shouldn't feel I have gone down in the car scale, from a zen if I buy a k10. I will anyways test drive a K10 this weekend, but any k10 owners who have driven a zen, if you could clarify this petty and strong matter of heart for me?
Boss no comparison of K10 with any small Maruti cars till today. go for it Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
@Iqbal Veerji ,
your car is brand new, avoid the painting etc , leave it for when the car gets older and you want a new look for the car.For now enjoy the fresh paint,the new car smell and the excellent pickup.

Let us on the FE of the k10.I like to call the new alto the K-10 monster,modify it for performance and you got one of hell of a hot hatch.

Enjoy the ride.I hope we can meet during one of T-BHP meets.
Hmmm, New car smell Iget aroused every morning when I leave for my office in it, and feel bad when reaching office , why? Ihave to get down and lock the car till end of the day yaar.

Last edited by Dippy : 1st April 2011 at 23:44. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 02:14   #118
Senior - BHPian

@manolin
Alto K10 is a pocket rocket but does not have the driving ergonomics of the Zen. Even the Swift is lacking compared to the Zen in that respect. The natural progression (ergonomically speaking) from the Zen would be an OHC either type 1 or 2, if you can get your hands on one. Cheap to buy may not be too hard to resell in two years. Same average as the Zen in the cities, not too far behind on the highways either.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:47   #119
Senior - BHPian

Yes freinds , I am back after long time, had been busy with family comittments and a marriage in our building.

As sugessted by few of you to me, to fix embossed number plates,on sunday I got my plates from my freinds place on Milan Sub Way.

The shops name is ALFAAJ means words in urdu. Owner is a good freind of mine , I know him for the last 10 yrs. Incidentl his name is IQBAL.I.SHHEIKH.
He is a nice soft spoken gentleman,very reasonable in rates as compared to others in the same lane, all TBHPians can go to him and refer my name to him to get special discount and service.

I also got my KHANDA sticker fixed on the back glass.

Next on the line was First Free Service which was done today at my favourite Vitesse at Andheri, which is walkable distance from my office.

I had to wait in the morning as I wanted my favourite service adviser to take my vehicle.
He is Mr. Deepak, I know him and almost all other service advisers and entire staff of the workshop personally for the last 8 yrs.

There were very few minor issues with the car .
*Blower air was delivering flow at bottom of car with other option.
*Doors were lubricated.
*Clutch was adjusted.
*My issue of FC will be attended in third service.

This sunday I will give a light coat of polishing to the car.
Regards...........

My last photo with deepak is not loading I wil post it next time.
Attached Thumbnails
My Superior White Alto K10-no-plate1.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-no-pate-2.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-paltesss.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-vitrrr.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-rororo.jpg  

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 26th April 2011 at 21:53.
Old 27th April 2011, 20:50   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Yes freinds , I am back after long time, had been busy with family comittments and a marriage in our building.

As sugessted by few of you to me, to fix embossed number plates,on sunday I got my plates from my freinds place on Milan Sub Way.

The shops name is ALFAAJ means words in urdu. Owner is a good freind of mine , I know him for the last 10 yrs. Incidentl his name is IQBAL.I.SHHEIKH.
He is a nice soft spoken gentleman,very reasonable in rates as compared to others in the same lane, all TBHPians can go to him and refer my name to him to get special discount and service.

I also got my KHANDA sticker fixed on the back glass.

Next on the line was First Free Service which was done today at my favourite Vitesse at Andheri, which is walkable distance from my office.

I had to wait in the morning as I wanted my favourite service adviser to take my vehicle.
He is Mr. Deepak, I know him and almost all other service advisers and entire staff of the workshop personally for the last 8 yrs.

There were very few minor issues with the car .
*Blower air was delivering flow at bottom of car with other option.
*Doors were lubricated.
*Clutch was adjusted.
*My issue of FC will be attended in third service.

This sunday I will give a light coat of polishing to the car.
Regards...........

My last photo with deepak is not loading I wil post it next time.
Freinds yester day I was unable to upload last photo of sevice adviser Mr. Deepak.
Attached Thumbnails
My Superior White Alto K10-deepak.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks