Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 21:02   #121
BHPian

Re: My Superior White Alto K10

Iqbal Sir ji,
It has been pleasure talking to you! we will meet soon.

Thanks!

Sanjay
Old 18th May 2011, 20:48   #122
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, good news just about 45 min. back I completed my first 1000 Kms on my Tigress. (ALTO K10). I had to stop to click the photos twice * at 999 kms,*at 1000kms.
Now 1000 kms in more then one month, reasonis my office is 3 kms from my home and no long travels at this time of the year.
Attached Thumbnails
My Superior White Alto K10-photo0032.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-photo0034.jpg  

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 18th May 2011 at 20:50.
Old 19th May 2011, 14:23   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi Guys, good news just about 45 min. back I completed my first 1000 Kms on my Tigress. (ALTO K10). I had to stop to click the photos twice * at 999 kms,*at 1000kms.
Now 1000 kms in more then one month, reasonis my office is 3 kms from my home and no long travels at this time of the year.
Sirjee,

I missed this thread, First congrats on your purchase and congrats on completion of First 1000 Kms. What happed to the 800. ? You sold her or still with you. And Yes no meet since Murud, We should have a Meet to see Tigress.

Parimal
Old 20th May 2011, 19:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
Finally after waiting for almost 4 days i was happy to receive call from Maruti Suzuki dealer regarding the delivery of my Alto K10. Would like to share the details of my car buying process.

I was already having Alto lxi that i had bought in 2008. After the launch of K10 series i was kind of attracted to it. I had been to one of the dealer in my city for a TD and found that the new K10 series Alto was indeed very good at performance. After TD, the decision was made at home to upgrade from 800 cc to 1000 cc Kseries Alto. We visited the dealer from where we had already bought the existing alto, and to our surprise the dealer told us that the waiting period has already started and whichever colour we are selecting, we will get the delivery after minimum 20 days. Since it was to be bought through exchange, the next thing that was not pleasant was that the sales guy told that once we book the vehicle, we will have to submit the existing alto to them and that loaner car facility was not available for the time being. We were kind of not happy with it and went to another dealer in my city. This was what i think now was the wise decision we took. When we went to the other dealer, the good thing we heard was that we will be getting delivery of new car around 3-4 days. So finally the new alto K10 Vxi was booked on 12th August 2010 and delivery was given on 17th August but since it was already evening, we put that on 18th morning.

Something about the Alto K10:
Performance : The performance of K10 series is absolutely excellent. The jerkiness that was observed in the earlier one is now not at all present. I liked the sound when i started the engine. It simply gives the feel of power that is packed inside the bonnet. The engine is very silent and drive is very smooth. The new gear shifting is good and the gear know is also little sporty and comfortable to handle.

Interior : There are minor but good changes in the new series. The rear seating is changed a little bit as far as its angle is concerned. Two tone interior with fabric trim finish in door looks good. There are certain features in the odometer which have been disabled by Maruti for e.g. door ajar alarm, seat belt alarm which appear but don't work. The seats are now with integrated head rest.

Exterior : I liked the exterior changes very much. It gives a totally different look, a bit stylish, a bit aggressive too. Rest of the things, let the
pictures do the talking too.

The pictures at the delivery day.
Hi David, I am too owner of a ALTO K10 superior white,
I got it in march end 2011.
I am facing a serious problem with fuel consumption in my car, it has done 1200kms till date and from first day I am getting only 10 kms/ltr without AC and with AC I have yet to drive and check.

There is no question of wrong driving , I have been driving for the last 39 yrs.
I even switch OFF the engine at traffic signal, NOW PLSS TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CAR F.C. in first 1000 kms . Pls reply fast I have to pull up the A.S.S. GUYS.Regards........
Old 21st May 2011, 01:42   #125
Senior - BHPian

@iqbal veerji Well your efficiency of 10kmpl is a bit low.For the first 1000 kms it was around 12-13 for us,which we ourselves felt was low.We had asked in A.S.S,they had said it was satisfactory during run in.

Also this is a post which i had made in the Alto test drive thread.
Quote:
Our Alto k10(bought december '10) has completed 5,000 kms and has finished its second service.

There has been no rattling of any sort even though an almost 40 km travelling daily.
Except the a bit loose rear left door(requires a firmer push than others)

Daily commute from work to home comprises of 60%-30 kmph start stop heavy traffic,and 40% faster expressway,bridge and flyover use,with AC used only during afternoons(50% of the time).Is chauffeur driven 100% time and was well run in.

Average returned till now is 14kmpl using tank to tank method.Is this satisfactory?

Last edited by avishar : 21st May 2011 at 01:43.
Old 21st May 2011, 12:09   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi David, I am too owner of a ALTO K10 superior white,
I am facing a serious problem with fuel consumption in my car, it has done 1200kms till date and from first day I am getting only 10 kms/ltr without AC and with AC I have yet to drive and check.

There is no question of wrong driving , I have been driving for the last 39 yrs.
I even switch OFF the engine at traffic signal, NOW PLSS TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CAR F.C. in first 1000 kms . Pls reply fast I have to pull up the A.S.S. GUYS.Regards........
It depends on your driving conditions. To give you an example from my m800

- Highways without AC : 19-20kmpl
- In city relatively open without AC : 15 kmpl
- In city heavy traffic with AC : < 10 kmpl
- During Puja, in stop and go traffic with AC : 4 kmpl
Another concrete example
Delhi - Kalka in winter : 22 kmpl
Chail Turn off to Chail and back : 6 kmpl (10 litres finished for 60km journey). Filled up at the pump at the turn off and filled again on return.

Now my Alto K10. Bought it on 8th August 2010
- 1st Tank : 12.29, 2010-08-08 - Heavy stop and go traffic AC
- 2nd Tank : 12.36, 2010-08-17 - AC
- 3rd Tank : 13.03, 2010-09-29 - AC
- 4th Tank : 14.16, 2010-11-13
- 5th Tank : 14.75, 2011-01-11
- 6th Tank : 13.10, 2011-03-9 - AC
- 7th Tank : : 2011-05-02 (on going)

My journeys are normally home to market and nearby places, mostly 1/2 to 1 1/2 km each way, with a couple of 20-30km journeys each tank. Every time I fill the tank when the Empty light blinks. The nozzle auto stops, average petrol per fill 30.5L.

Your low average may be due to the following reasons
1. Very slow moving traffic
2. Bad or short change in petrol

What you can do.
1. For bad petrol - find a good and reliable petrol pump. Wait till the fuel gauge bar blinks. Fill up petrol in a pump which has auto stop. It should not be more than 31 litres. If more then they are short changing.
2. Go on a long drive, say 100km on an open road and drive between 80 and 100 km/h. Come back and fill the petrol from the same pump. Check the average. If the average is below 16 then get it checked at MUL.

Some times the air filter gets choked and both performance and average drops, but that should not happen in a new car.
Old 21st May 2011, 16:12   #127
Senior - BHPian

Aroy,

Which petrol pump do you patronize, I am presuming you are in CR park or thereabouts.
Old 21st May 2011, 16:22   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reason is your location I.e. "Saat Bungla". In that area and most of Mumbai, you would not get more than 10 kmpl.

Take your car for a run on expressway and you will get 20 kmpl for sure.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 21st May 2011 at 16:35.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:17   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Reason is your location I.e. "Saat Bungla". In that area and most of Mumbai, you would not get more than 10 kmpl.

Take your car for a run on expressway and you will get 20 kmpl for sure.
Aap Ke Muh Me Ghee Shakar. let me try out that otherwise vitesse is giving appointment for F C test on monday...Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 20:38   #130
BHPian

@ Iqbal Veerji

I read in one your earlier posts that your office is only 3km from you residence. This could be a contributing factor to lower mileage as the engine needs to run for at least 5-6km before reaching optimum operating temperature. Once this is achieved the mileage improves, before reaching this temperature the engine will give less mileage.
Old 21st May 2011, 22:59   #131
BHPian

I've had my K10 VXi for about 3 months now. It has done about 1800 km so far. Most of my driving has been between home and office (about 16 km one way). I have to drive through pretty heavy traffic.

I've found the mileage decreasing gradually! Initially I got 13.x, then 12.x and now it has dipped below 12. Of course I've started using the AC a lot more in the last couple of months. I don't always switch off the engine at signals nowadays because I just can't sit in the car without the AC. I'm just unable to keep it below 2500 rpm in this car. Tend to rev much more in this car than in my other cars.

What's the best I can expect in heavy traffic with AC? I was told by the MASS guys that only after the 5 k km service will things really improve. What has been the experience of other K10 owners here? I'd also like to know what's the max engine rpm that you maintained during run in.

Last edited by CBlazer : 21st May 2011 at 23:02.
Old 22nd May 2011, 10:22   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Aroy,

Which petrol pump do you patronize, I am presuming you are in CR park or thereabouts.
Normally I use Singh Motors across Nehru Place, but the best pump which I find in terms of quality and quantity is the HP pump near SCOPE Complex (opposite the Lodi Crematorium). I have been using it since 1969, and fill from there when ever I am near about it.
Aroy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:41   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I've had my K10 VXi for about 3 months now. It has done about 1800 km so far. Most of my driving has been between home and office (about 16 km one way). I have to drive through pretty heavy traffic.

I've found the mileage decreasing gradually! Initially I got 13.x, then 12.x and now it has dipped below 12. Of course I've started using the AC a lot more in the last couple of months. I don't always switch off the engine at signals nowadays because I just can't sit in the car without the AC. I'm just unable to keep it below 2500 rpm in this car. Tend to rev much more in this car than in my other cars.

What's the best I can expect in heavy traffic with AC? I was told by the MASS guys that only after the 5 k km service will things really improve. What has been the experience of other K10 owners here? I'd also like to know what's the max engine rpm that you maintained during run in.
No Boss. these M.A.S.S. guys are fooling us by saying "Do 5000kms then you will get better milage" , that is my assumption.

What that 5000 kms has to do with the milage, I spoke to Maruti regional office at madhava bandra mumbai and spoke to some Mr. Mankar, who is supposed to be service manager of MARUTI , even he was not able to give me positive and with confidence answer to my question about milage.
HE SAID "TO CONTACT TOHSE SERVICE ADVISERS" OF M A A S .thereby putting me back to where I started from.

Then just to get rid of my phone call to him Mr. Mankar asked me to contact those service advisers to give me milage test of the car, when I asked him what method, or apparatus they will use to give me milage test
he said it will be tank full to tank full.

I told him that is not the right method, there are apparatus in which correct quantity of fuel is filled and lines from tank are disconected, then test is taken by consuming the fuel from the apparatus and calculted.

He said with hesitation that the apparatus is ordered but yet to receive by the workshops, they expect it in 2 months time. Now imagine the answer I got from my last resort for my problem.

Next step will be to drive my car to MARUTI gurgaon factory for the problem solving.......
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:18   #134
BHPian

@igbal sir

Sir i too observed the same problem with my 800 for the first 7k kms it never used to give me more than 9kmpl with ac between distance from santacruz to matunga.

But once the car crossed 10k mark the things started improving and now the car stands at 39k mark and shes consistently giving me 13.xxkmpl with AC in city traffic.

I too had many encounters with maruti regarding the FC issue but to tell you honestly these people are simple uselss.
My issue was quoted till Maruti Gurgaon but to no avail.
As i Said earlier
MARUTI GUYS ARE SIMPLY USELESS.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:42   #135
BHPian

Quote:
What that 5000 kms has to do with the milage,
Sirji, there could be some truth in this because the first oil change does bring in some improvement in performance. I've seen this in my other car.

BTW I did the first long drive in my K10 yesterday. I'm curious what my highway mileage would be.

Last edited by CBlazer : 23rd May 2011 at 10:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks