Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 18:12   #76
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

This is applicable only to white MFD, or max-dot interface of Skoda, I am been told that the other interface doesn't have the integration software required.

-Pramod
Old 17th February 2011, 19:32   #77
BHPian

Mato Brown Yeti is to be delivered to my Uncle and i am waiting to experience the ride and then book my vehicle, since i felt the ride is firm in slow speeds. Also i felt the back seat Lumbar support is short for a 6 footer. I want your view on these issues it may help me a bit in selecting the yeti. Also regarding the blue tooth module if possible please forward me the link from where you got all those installation informations, codes, software unlocking etc, so that i can fix it in my uncle's car and probably mine too

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 17th February 2011 at 19:39. Reason: Added post
Old 18th February 2011, 14:08   #78
BHPian

Ride is firm at slow speed : This is true for Yeti, I am not sure about the rear seat as I alway in driver seat :-). Regarding software and hardware installation it better left with Service Guys(Dealer) unless you understand what you are going to get in, else you might have trouble.
I got the information from the manual as the user manual is common for all module and it does mention all the feature and then looked at VW/Skoda sites world wide to get the part number, getting this modules in India from dealer is difficult and to convince them that they are genuine and can be installed is again a difficult task.

Hope you get your vehicle at earliest!
-Pramod
Old 4th March 2011, 22:12   #79
BHPian

A great update after so long, Yeti Elegance model Auto Headlight wiring is in place the only requirment is to replace the normal switch with Auto switch and enable the feature from VAS no wiring nothing just a replacement and coding!!!
Already tested and its working perfectly with leaving home, coming home and auto lights, the only problem is getting Yeti switch, Laura switch is functionally same(L&K) but dimesionally different. Now waiting for Yeti switch.
-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 4th March 2011 at 22:14.
Old 5th March 2011, 00:41   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
A great update after so long, Yeti Elegance model Auto Headlight wiring is in place the only requirment is to replace the normal switch with Auto switch and enable the feature from VAS no wiring nothing just a replacement and coding!!!
Already tested and its working perfectly with leaving home, coming home and auto lights, the only problem is getting Yeti switch, Laura switch is functionally same(L&K) but dimesionally different. Now waiting for Yeti switch.
-Pramod
The wiring is already in place from the factory? Man thats just awesome. lol. Please post pics of the full procedure again. Dosent yeti already have coming home and leaving home lights?
Old 5th March 2011, 06:51   #81
BHPian

Yes the wiring is in place, but the current switch is normal switch which doesn't have the auto position which is required for auto light based on external lighting, coming home and leaving home automatically.
All these feature are based on light sensor and auto switch position on headlight switch. Leave the light in auto position and it will work. You can still enable the options wiyhout switch but you will ned to activate coming home via upper beam headligt stack.
I am surprised why the wiring is in place, even the original workshop manual says that wiring is for "special equipment" that means if wiring is there mostly switch need to have switch.
I also enabled the ABS based TPMS that to works but reseting the TPMS light if tyre pressure gets low would require the VAG software or else a set switch that ned physical wiring from ABS sensor to dashboard which is not possible now. Better leave wiyh software based reset and have TPMS so you atleast know promblem with tyres.
-Pramod
Old 5th March 2011, 07:03   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the wiring is in place, but the current switch is normal switch which doesn't have the auto position which is required for auto light based on external lighting, coming home and leaving home automatically.
All these feature are based on light sensor and auto switch position on headlight switch. Leave the light in auto position and it will work. You can still enable the options wiyhout switch but you will ned to activate coming home via upper beam headligt stack.
I am surprised why the wiring is in place, even the original workshop manual says that wiring is for "special equipment" that means if wiring is there mostly switch need to have switch.
-Pramod
Why not place a separate switch for auto headlight instead of replacing the whole stalk, I am sure replacing the whole stalk will turn out to be an expensive affair
Old 5th March 2011, 07:15   #83
BHPian

Misunderstanding here, headlight wiring is alrwady there nothing to be done except switch and coding enablement.

Wiring is required only for indirect TPMS via ABS, there is also a coding enablement but you will need the cable and software in case you need to reset. To avoid software wiring is required for TPMS.

Hope this clears the confusion.

What I have in my vehicle
1> TPMS enabled and working
2> Bluetooth Phone connectivity need seperate unit [9w7]
3> Auto headligh, coming and leaving home
4> Emergency brake flashing ( not tested and can't test unless place a camera behind :-( )
5> Day time light disables with turning signal.
6> Convenience turn signal from 3 to 5

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 5th March 2011 at 07:17.
Old 17th April 2011, 22:59   #84
BHPian

Took Yeti to mild offroading and was impressed with the out come, the offroading I am talking about is in Navegaon national park and the villages adjoining the jungle, I was also able to test the hill descent and it does work!

The only problem on mind while Yeti is going offroad is the ground clearance, you need to be careful and watch out for stone and rock, else it does things effortlessly.

-Pramod
Old 17th April 2011, 23:45   #85
BANNED

Nice to see an update after a long time from you. Any pics of your Yeti offroad?

How much has it clocked now and what are your feelings so far?
Old 18th April 2011, 06:03   #86
BHPian

Pramod, I track your Yeti (forum) with enthusiasm, as you must have most up-to-date Yeti in India. I think TPMS function is a good addition for safety. I sometime wonder why would a car manufacturer disable all these functions. Even it is to contain costs, they could always have been offered as official upgrades or retrofit.

I believe Laura is now offered with TPMS. Is the system same between Laura and Yeti?
Old 20th April 2011, 22:14   #87
BHPian

TPMS is ABS based and the module in Yeti is different from Laura, nonetheless the mechanism is same almost similar coding. Now I have the proper auto light switch too,
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20110420_001.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20110420_002.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20110420_007.jpg

also done the SuperB like needle sagging.Have a look at TPMS light on dash, this will not come on any other Indian Yeti!
-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 20th April 2011 at 22:16.
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:24   #88
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Now I have the proper auto light switch too,
-Pramod
Pramod,

Did you ask for this autolight switch to be fitted on? My headlight switch do not have this AUTO function.

p.s. edited later. I went through all your posts in this series in detail, and found the answer. apologies.

Last edited by VBN : 22nd April 2011 at 17:37.
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:35   #89
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Misunderstanding here, headlight wiring is alrwady there nothing to be done except switch and coding enablement.

Wiring is required only for indirect TPMS via ABS, there is also a coding enablement but you will need the cable and software in case you need to reset. To avoid software wiring is required for TPMS.

Hope this clears the confusion.

What I have in my vehicle
1> TPMS enabled and working
2> Bluetooth Phone connectivity need seperate unit [9w7]
3> Auto headligh, coming and leaving home
4> Emergency brake flashing ( not tested and can't test unless place a camera behind :-( )
5> Day time light disables with turning signal.
6> Convenience turn signal from 3 to 5

-Pramod
Pramod, your interest is commendable. Where do you pick up all this information from? Have you tried the briskoda forum?

also, do you operate the vag-com kit yourself?
Old 23rd April 2011, 16:30   #90
BHPian

Pramod you definitely have the most equipped Yeti in India. Congratulations. You must also have access to very good Skoda dealer.

I am a bit wary of getting any work done at all from the dealers. Their set up does not inspire much confidence.

In fact I'll probably collect all the kit that you have equipped your Yeti with, and then perhaps make a trip to your dealer and get it all done in one shot!

Thanks for leading the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks