Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 16:55   #1381
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

But Behram Sir what is meant by a Company Fitted AC? I know that AC fitment is available at the dealer end.But does this now mean that it'll be fitted at the factory itself?
Old 9th April 2011, 08:24   #1382
BHPian

An AC still seems to be a mystery , It is a pity that prospective customers have to take this much of pain to get information .

I think we have to start a movement to lower the taxes so that the local auto manufacturers feel the heat and deliver .

@ Tha'Red love to see your report , and some details regarding the AC .

@ Vj-k2001 , hope you plan to make your Thar better than your 540 .
Can you give us some details regarding the AC ie the parts # etc if possible .
Old 9th April 2011, 09:32   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Well, Sterling in Gurgaon, categorically stated, that they have no information on the AC, and CANNOT provide it even as a Dealer Fitment. (This was yesterday evening)

I also enquired about the Bolero MDI 4WD (just to get an idea), and the dealer denied that any such model even existed.

I am a bit amazed that how can some dealers (e.g. Bangalore and Kerala) be delivering some vehicles, and other dealers not even be aware of the same, being on the model line-up!

Elsewhere on the forum some folks have taken deliveries of the Bolero MDI 4WD, Spikey has suggested the SWB Bolero 4WD, and someone has mentioned a booking for Thar CRDe with AC.

Is it the same M&M that operates down south, and up here?
Old 9th April 2011, 09:52   #1384
BHPian

Slalom,

Don't expect much from Mahindra, Only few people knows what is a Jeep thing in Mahindra and they are just Employs.

Remember DB's post "Vehicle development is an endless process and he mentioned something has fitted in to their Thar so wait there is no other choice.They really need competitor like a diesel Gypsy.

Its a small market and only passionate jeepers will buy Thar so once they bought it the sales figure will come down.

Last edited by sreejeshmp : 9th April 2011 at 10:07.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:11   #1385
BHPian

@ gthang with that approach we might yield results

Sreejesh & myself got a absurd quote of 1 lakh , I guess there are quite a few who are dying to know concrete details regarding the ever eluding AC , and being on the forum BD should give us some idea about the same .

Please RISE !
Old 9th April 2011, 11:03   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Slalom,

Don't expect much from Mahindra, Only few people knows what is a Jeep thing in Mahindra and they are just Employs.

Remember DB's post "Vehicle development is an endless process and he mentioned something has fitted in to their Thar so wait there is no other choice.They really need competitor like a diesel Gypsy.

Its a small market and only passionate jeepers will buy Thar so once they bought it the sales figure will come down.

@Sree...: Why should we not expect from Mahindra? I think they have great engineers who build great vehicles. The point is how they address the market and how they price it? I've been harping on the price point right from my initial posts

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th April 2011 at 15:54. Reason: Please don't encourage such Sarcasm that does not add any value and borders personal attack. thanks
Old 9th April 2011, 11:44   #1387
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@gthang: You got me rolling on the floor laughing: I really hope people at M&M take their market seriously and address the key elements immediately.
Hey, might as well have some humor on this thread, since no other useful information going on.
I think A/C fitment is still a while away, if and when they get their nuts and bolts mismatch, oil and water mixing problems, and dealer/manufacturer disconnect issues sorted out.

Cheers.
Old 9th April 2011, 12:14   #1388
BHPian

headers,

Because there is no competitor. Mahindra knows us (we Indians) better than any company so they know how to make money from US. See the Mahindra pick-up models they are improving in every possible way and the new Genio. It has better fit and finish,a center console, a cup holder, good seat etc.Why they can do the same on a thar ?

They need good competitors like what happened in the truck market.When big boys came TATA and AL has completely changed their trucks.

Mahindra will improve the Thar if JEEP Wrangler or LR defender comes to India even if the price is High.

- Sreejesh
Old 9th April 2011, 12:53   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post

Mahindra will improve the Thar if JEEP Wrangler or LR defender comes to India even if the price is High.

- Sreejesh
I agree to the above - Also a point to be noted is the need to change for a low volume player such as the THAR!!

As I had mentioned earlier on, the silly things that irritate are:

1. Single Horn with a lousy horn button - They have aped it off the bolero storm.

2. A indicator cluster that the M800 shares. Thank God the scorpio has better switchgear

3. Gearshifts that make you feel the MM540 is better.

4. No AC, NO HT, NO decent wheels and tires.

And a price tag of 7L+ on road!!

And I'm not even talking about IFS, R&P Power steering etc etc.
Old 9th April 2011, 13:08   #1390
BHPian

headers,

point 5.The PS, if we sneeze while driving I am sure we can see Hell & Heaven together .

The points continues same as vehicle development process.

- Sreejesh
Old 9th April 2011, 13:47   #1391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree to the above - Also a point to be noted is the need to change for a low volume player such as the THAR!!
Quote:
1. Single Horn with a lousy horn button - They have aped it off the bolero storm.
There are 2 Horns- LT + HT. I guess you didn't bend down properly while peeping into the IFS.

Quote:
2. A indicator cluster that the M800 shares.
Cluster and combination switches / stalks are two different entities, cluster is not same as M800

Quote:
3. Gearshifts that make you feel the MM540 is better.
Really? This is news to me. BTW, have you driven one?

Spike
Old 9th April 2011, 13:53   #1392
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a Black Thar in transit with covers on going towards Faridabad, the driver was driving it very rashly talking on the phone. It had IFS meaning it was a CRDe. This customer will get a properly Run-in car.
Old 9th April 2011, 14:02   #1393
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Spotted a Black Thar in transit with covers on going towards Faridabad, the driver was driving it very rashly talking on the phone. It had IFS meaning it was a CRDe. This customer will get a properly Run-in car.
I m surprised that dealers still do such things and that too, in NCR and its whereabouts.

@Spike: Are the new M&M engines too among those types which do not need running in mandatorily?

OT: Is Gurgaon actually a Good Gaon?
Old 9th April 2011, 14:06   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
here are 2 Horns- LT + HT. I guess you didn't bend down properly while peeping into the IFS.
Spikey man, I really did not have to bend down to see it, the THARs generous GC and the body "gaps" helped me see through!

Quote:
Cluster and combination switches / stalks are two different entities, cluster is not same as M800
LOL, I know the part numbers are different but i'm talking from a layman's POV

Quote:
Really? This is news to me. BTW, have you driven one?
The THAR had NGT530 right? Or is it a NGT 530 Short shift special?

I've owned a vehicle with NGT 530 for close to 24000 kms to tell you that. I am aware of the different final drive etc etc.

And I'm also aware that THAR is not launched in Chennai as yet!, - Why though I'm unable to figure out.

Last edited by headers : 9th April 2011 at 14:09.
Old 9th April 2011, 14:13   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

LOL, I know the part numbers are different but i'm talking from a layman's POV
Ok.

Quote:
The THAR had NGT530 right? Or is it a NGT 530 Short shift special?
Had?? Didn't get you.

Quote:
I've owned a vehicle with NGT 530 for close to 24000 kms to tell you that. I am aware of the different final drive etc etc.
Oh yes I remember, how is a NGT530 different from a NGT530R, what did your Storm come with?

Quote:
And I'm also aware that THAR is not launched in Chennai as yet!, - Why though I'm unable to figure out.
I guess your TPC teammate is the right person to answer this query

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks