Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:21   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
2] bus stand in middle of road-- i think it is bus rapid transit busstop.
Absolutely correct!! At the Sheikh Sarai T-point.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:12   #257
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. Keep them flowing. ;-)
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:18   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
IIRC, read in a board in front it's a Jain temple. Regulars on NH2 can confirm. This is in between Mathura and Delhi on your left hand side, when you are travelling to Delhi.
True it is on the Mathura road. It is not a replica of Taj and it is not a Mosque, Outside it is written as a temple. Just that I can't recall the name right now. But for sure it is a temple. I always clicks snaps of it whenever am on NH2.
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:26   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Any update on the car and the progress on it??

Hey, is GSMINC back in town or where? haven't seen or heard from him on this thread. Would love to hear his experiences of the GQ drive.
Old 23rd April 2009, 00:56   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Any update on the car and the progress on it??

Hey, is GSMINC back in town or where? haven't seen or heard from him on this thread. Would love to hear his experiences of the GQ drive.
Team bhpians,
Thanks for the concern,
Thanks for all the SMSes, emails, PMs, phone calls, it is definitely overwhelming & I am humbled by your take on the whole GQ trip,
It's just that I am busy with piled up work, will update my take on the GQ run in a couple of days.
As for the car, the surveyer is yet to take a decision. I guess, I should get a decision in a few days.
And I am yet to post my experiences as I am yet to complete my GQ run (which I shall in a few days/few weeks God willing, just 1 state & a 1000 odd kilometres still to complete, which I guess should be walk in the park compared to what I & the car has gone through).
I still honestly don't know whether I'll complete the GQ II run or do a GQ III run clockwise with a team or solo, it is still too early to commit as things/circumstances are as of now beyond my control.
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:35   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
True it is on the Mathura road. It is not a replica of Taj and it is not a Mosque, Outside it is written as a temple. Just that I can't recall the name right now. But for sure it is a temple. I always clicks snaps of it whenever am on NH2.
Its a lavish all marble structure ( A Hindu Temple ).

It's called Baba Jai Dev Mandir. I think he is on the Internet too with a complete website.

Last edited by vkochar : 23rd April 2009 at 09:36.
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:24   #262
Senior - BHPian

Great to know you guys are safe!

Though sad to see the car in this state...

Such incidents can be very hard on people who are involved in it and am sure getting back behind the wheels or to go on long drives wont be easy...

Take care guys and Kudos to TBHP!
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:28   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Team bhpians,
Thanks for the concern,
Thanks for all the SMSes, emails, PMs, phone calls, it is definitely overwhelming & I am humbled by your take on the whole GQ trip,
It's just that I am busy with piled up work, will update my take on the GQ run in a couple of days.
As for the car, the surveyer is yet to take a decision. I guess, I should get a decision in a few days.
And I am yet to post my experiences as I am yet to complete my GQ run (which I shall in a few days/few weeks God willing, just 1 state & a 1000 odd kilometres still to complete, which I guess should be walk in the park compared to what I & the car has gone through).
I still honestly don't know whether I'll complete the GQ II run or do a GQ III run clockwise with a team or solo, it is still too early to commit as things/circumstances are as of now beyond my control.
Hey GSMINC, good to hear from you. Take it easy man and take your time -- no hurries.

Do complete the drive when you have time -- AND DO WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS. NO EXCUSES/HABITS etc. It's time to CHANGE.

PS: a question to both of you (please don't take it in wrong way). asking because this situation could be faced by lots of folks here also.

You both would have decided on sharing the total costs involved in the GQ drive -- fuel, stay, food, etc etc.

Did you talk about 'unforeseen events' and how costs would be split in such situations?

Would love to know about that part.
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:27   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
PS: a question to both of you (please don't take it in wrong way). asking because this situation could be faced by lots of folks here also.

You both would have decided on sharing the total costs involved in the GQ drive -- fuel, stay, food, etc etc.

Did you talk about 'unforeseen events' and how costs would be split in such situations?

Would love to know about that part.
I would like our Tbhpians to comment on this.
What would be their ideal way when it comes to dealing with such 'unforeseen events' ?
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:14   #265
Senior - BHPian

Hi TBHPians,

Well i have done just 3 proper road trips with friends - (North India 5k Kms, South India 5k Kms and Pench National Park 2.5k Kms)

Our way of working the cost is very simple for all the aspects and it is -

Per Head cost = Total cost/Total number of participants

This applies to all expenses like fuel, food, stay, car maintenance, accidents and any other expense where all the team guys are involved.

Any personal expenses like shopping etc is done on individual basis.

Quote:
What would be their ideal way when it comes to dealing with such 'unforeseen events' ?
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:22   #266
Senior - BHPian

KSM-Vtec,
You are right. This is how any road trip costs are shared. But the question here is - "How are costs for unforeseen circumstances like accidents etc are shared".
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:27   #267
Senior - BHPian

Like i have mentioned in my post they are also included in calculations and distributed equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
KSM-Vtec,
You are right. This is how any road trip costs are shared. But the question here is - "How are costs for unforeseen circumstances like accidents etc are shared".
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Hi TBHPians,

Well i have done just 3 proper road trips with friends - (North India 5k Kms, South India 5k Kms and Pench National Park 2.5k Kms)

Our way of working the cost is very simple for all the aspects and it is -

This applies to all expenses like fuel, food, stay, car maintenance, accidents and any other expense where all the team guys are involved.

Any personal expenses like shopping etc is done on individual basis.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:51   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
KSM-Vtec,
"How are costs for unforeseen circumstances like accidents etc are shared".
That's true guys as KSM-Vtec the expenses needs to be shared.

What was the issue here ???
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:53   #269
Senior - BHPian

All my road trips have been either solo or with wife, except one wherein we had friends over. Expenses for travel and food have always been shared. Never faced the unforeseen circumstances situation, but I guess it would be the owner/driver who'll end up footing the bill. Unless off-course owner and driver at that time are different.
I don't think there can be a standard answer to this question as its a complicated situation with outcomes being specific to the situation at hand.
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:29   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
All my road trips have been either solo or with wife, except one wherein we had friends over. Expenses for travel and food have always been shared. Never faced the unforeseen circumstances situation, but I guess it would be the owner/driver who'll end up footing the bill. Unless off-course owner and driver at that time are different.
I don't think there can be a standard answer to this question as its a complicated situation with outcomes being specific to the situation at hand.
+1 to everything he says. Though of course, if there's a contribution from the other person, good. But the owner's liability is always higher since he is taking his vehicle along consciously.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks