Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 09:58   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
MASS told that the car is a TOTAL LOSS.
Thats not a good news for all of us.

My personnel opinion is to take car to banglore and try to inspect it there.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:00   #167
Senior - BHPian

Ramky, thanks for all your help man. In a situation like this, its a huge comfort to know that someone else is standing there next to you to help out. It would have been a daunting task for these guys by themselves.

Of ourse, as you rightly said, their Guardian Angels were also working overtime to protect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Just got an SMS from Arindam from Ahmedabad.

MASS told that the car is a TOTAL LOSS.

Abhi
What?? Although it may be a good thing after all, rather than repairing something which may have structural damages.

Last edited by suman : 15th April 2009 at 10:01.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:01   #168
Senior - BHPian

I have been following this thread really intently and feel so sorry about the incident.

Its indeed very heart warming seeing the T-BHPians (especially Ramky) going all out to help Arindam and GSM.

I hope there is a quick and satisfactory resolution to this incident.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:16   #169
Senior - BHPian

Another SMS from Arindam:

On a second opinion, they say it will not be Total loss.

Anyway, the outcome will come after deeper evaluation and analysis.

Abhi
Old 15th April 2009, 10:25   #170
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this, was following this thread for updates even during my 2 days of meetings etc. Was shocked & felt sad when I read about the accident yesterday. Thank God both of them are safe. The analysis from MASS possibly explains how serious the crash was.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:53   #171
BHPian

this is sad news - GSMInc, maybe your car has taken what might have come for you. Easy to say, but tough to digest - try to get over it.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:55   #172
Senior - BHPian

It's a bit of a tricky situation now isn't it ?

They say it is a total LOSS first and then they have a 2nd opinion.

I'd say get all the paperwork ( Police FIR if any ), photographs and call the insurance surveyors to inspect the vehicle.

No point in taking the car back home as it will cost nothing less than 15 - 20k for a truck to take it there, could be even more !! And I do not think that Insurance covers this. I know they cover towing of the vehicle.

All I'd say is once a vehicle is said to be total loss, it is a bit risky in getting it fixed again even if some other dealer recommends it. It's happened with me and the results were hopeless. I had to sell the car at a throwaway price. I wish I had taken Total Loss instead.

Try and post a photo here if possible of the accidental vehicle so we can also see the damage.

Best of luck for a smooth outcome of all the rigorous paperwork involved.

MODS - Please EDIT this thread name now that the GQ run is over
Old 15th April 2009, 11:04   #173
Senior - BHPian

This is very sad indeed.
I have been following this thread from the start and hoped to PM my number to Arindam today to meet up when they came around bombay.
Glad that the occupants were safe.
@Ramky> it is indeed kind and helpful of you to assist in the times of need. Such kindness cannot be compensated for by words.
Thankyou anyways.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:49   #174
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I'm deeply sorry it had to happen this way! Hats off to Ramky for being such a good samaritan.
Though both occupants got away safe, I feel bad for the car---I think it was a new one, going by the snaps posted.
I'm inclined to agree with vkochar's opinion on going for a 'total loss' claim, than to be stuck with a lemon for life.
Old 15th April 2009, 16:12   #175
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Arindam (from Ahmedabad Airport). Arindam is heading back home by flight and should be reaching Bangalore by 7PM.

All the formalities of the car has been done. Although both of them planned to return together, Shiv stayed back for a day as Insurance inspector was due to arrive by 2PM, any delay there might cause a flight miss. Most probably they are thinking to apply for Total loss.

Shiv will start for bangalore by tomorrow morning's flight.

Arindam, see you at office tomorrow!!

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 15th April 2009 at 16:25. Reason: removed my quote as it is moved to travelogues
Old 15th April 2009, 16:35   #176
BHPian

Update from Airport

Morning we went to MASS, filled the claim form, and they put an online claim registration. Next step was to get the car of the truck, the crane took some time to come, but this time they were much more professional and better equipped (compared to the people yesterday), and that was done.

We also went to the insurance regional office to speed up the process. It ensured that surveyor comes by the evening.

And once again Ramky's help is beyond any praise.
Old 15th April 2009, 16:40   #177
Senior - BHPian

Arindam, nice to hear from you. I think Shiv should try & get a Total Loss - car will never be the same again & if they did suggest that option, it should be grabbed with both hands.

But I'm sure you guys are working towards that anyway. And once again - glad you guys came out of it without a scratch.
Old 15th April 2009, 16:47   #178
BHPian

Thank God, our fellow members are safe.
Ramky- It still rains in this country because there are selfless people like you.
Old 15th April 2009, 17:23   #179
Senior - BHPian

Only one word come in mind its SAD!! With how much enthusiasm was involved when Arindam and GSMINC started GQ journey. A small incident (or big) brought everything out of track. Even we hearing news CAR is total LOSS. How much GSMINC loved his car before seeing in this condition.

To the great satisfaction not anyone got hurt but both of them will remember this incident years to come. I can feel trauma both of their families feeling after hearing this news. Kudos to Ramky who helped them to get out of that situation.

We all must learn some lesson.
Old 15th April 2009, 18:49   #180
Senior - BHPian

Hai TBHpians,

Had a tight official day, just caught up with the posts here.

I did what I could, I was the nearest one to them and they needed help fast, I am sure any other TBHPin would have done something like this. Just sad that we could not manage to salvage the car somehow and make them finish the run. Thanks for all your nice posts.

Arindam caught the 5 pm flight to Bangalore, his family members are pretty anxious to see him though they know he's OK. He's "shaken & stirred" from what I see

In the morning the Maruti dealer was going round and round to get a survayer for the vehicle; pulled a couple of strings and arranged a meeting in the National Insurance Regional Office for a quick filing of the claim + inspection, they promised inspection today; the car has been moved ot the stockyard at Sarkhej. We had to move a surveyor from Baroda, he's on his way to inspect the car, Shiv will join in and talk to him about 630 pm. The decision for a total loss or otherwise would mostly depend on what the Surveyor says.

Shiv will rest for tonight and leave by tomorrow's flight.

Caution to people on this route: Coming from Himmatnagar, after you cross Shamalaji flyover, for the next 15-20 KM slow down, some of the sudden curves are killers. There's lots of warning signs, they have put up new ones only 10-15 days back, still people rip around here as the surface is great. Also people coming in from Udaipur: Slow down after 135 kms, you'd hit this hilly and curvy section.

Giving below a couple of snaps I took while the car was loaded.
GQ Run II (Golden Quadrilateral Run II)-shiv1.jpg

GQ Run II (Golden Quadrilateral Run II)-shiv3.jpg

Here's another photo of a Scorp @ the same police station; nobody was hurt in this accident though the car went turtle in the same curve where Shiv went off the road.

GQ Run II (Golden Quadrilateral Run II)-scorp1.jpg

The back-yard of this police station is littered with totalled vehicles, most of them went off the road or turned over at the same curve. These photos are only to give you an idea what this section can do to a car.

--Ramky
=====

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks