Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 11:08   #466

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Good day.
It's time to replace the tires of my XUV 500 2016 model after 62000 kms.

The car is primarily used for highways and outstation drives only.
Looking for suggestions accordingly.

I would like to maintain the same width and profile of the existing stock tyres. The stock tyres are Bridgestones.
Old 7th November 2022, 09:24   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
Good day.
It's time to replace the tires of my XUV 500 2016 model after 62000 kms.

The car is primarily used for highways and outstation drives only.
Looking for suggestions accordingly.

I would like to maintain the same width and profile of the existing stock tyres. The stock tyres are Bridgestones.
Anand, if you read the last 2pages of this thread most of your questions will get answered. Given your requirement you probably need HT tires and can choose from Michelin Primacy SUV or Conti CCLX2. Both are miles ahead of stock bridgestones.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 13:50   #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Anand, if you read the last 2pages of this thread most of your questions will get answered. Given your requirement you probably need HT tires and can choose from Michelin Primacy SUV or Conti CCLX2. Both are miles ahead of stock bridgestones.
Thank you for pointing me out to this thread . I read across and narrowed down my options to
Michelin Primacy / Michelin LT Trail / Continental LX2.

My friend is in the tyres and alloys business. I spoke to him now and he vouched for the quality of both the Primacy and the LX2.
But he strongly recommends going for the Continental LX2 since Michelin tyre stocks are in shortage and there could be a risk of tyre replacement availability if any warranty claim arises in the future.
He's one of the largest tyre dealers in Tamil Nadu with 25+ outlets and if he himself is worried about stock shortage then I'm guessing it's best to go for the Continental.
Old 7th November 2022, 14:13   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for pointing me out to this thread . I read across and narrowed down my options to
Michelin Primacy / Michelin LT Trail / Continental LX2.

My friend is in the tyres and alloys business. I spoke to him now and he vouched for the quality of both the Primacy and the LX2.
But he strongly recommends going for the Continental LX2 since Michelin tyre stocks are in shortage and there could be a risk of tyre replacement availability if any warranty claim arises in the future.
He's one of the largest tyre dealers in Tamil Nadu with 25+ outlets and if he himself is worried about stock shortage then I'm guessing it's best to go for the Continental.
Michelin's are made in thailand usually, hence there are import restrictions and supply sort of comes and goes since seems like Michelin focuses on importing the ones which sell in larger volume than expensive SUV tires. Contis are made in India and literally over supplied. When I was getting tire change done on mine, I wanted from Dec21 to March22 but couldnt source Michelin Primacy and eventually settled for CCLX2 which turned out to be very good as well. Currently Michelins are available in the market.

LTX are AT tires, if you can get Primacy I would suggest getting those since they are surely the best HT option. Risk of tire warranty need is very low but yes cannot be ruled out.
Old 16th December 2022, 00:09   #470

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello Fellow XUV Owners,

I have read through the thread and realised that Conti LX2 is one good option. I have clocked 54k with my Yokohama Geo Landers (replacement after stock Bridgestone tyres at 44k ODO). I have zeroed Conti LX2 for next replacement for all 4 tyres. Now that we are in December 2022, what should be the ideal month and year of manufacturing that I should pick as the best option ?

Also, my spare tyre is still the OEM Bridgestone which is barely used. When going for upgrade should I keep the Yoko Geo lander as spare tyre and dispose OEM spare ?

I hear from the tyre shops always that the rubber gets hard and develop cracks. Is it really true that these tyres are only good for 3-4 years irrespective of the kilometres you clock in?

Thanks,
Ravi IDURY
Old 22nd December 2022, 13:09   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikidury View Post
Hello Fellow XUV Owners,

I have read through the thread and realised that Conti LX2 is one good option. I have clocked 54k with my Yokohama Geo Landers (replacement after stock Bridgestone tyres at 44k ODO). I have zeroed Conti LX2 for next replacement for all 4 tyres. Now that we are in December 2022, what should be the ideal month and year of manufacturing that I should pick as the best option ?

Also, my spare tyre is still the OEM Bridgestone which is barely used. When going for upgrade should I keep the Yoko Geo lander as spare tyre and dispose OEM spare ?

I hear from the tyre shops always that the rubber gets hard and develop cracks. Is it really true that these tyres are only good for 3-4 years irrespective of the kilometres you clock in?

Thanks,
Ravi IDURY
CCLX2 surely are a very good HT option and will give you a drastic difference since you are coming from ATs which probably are hard and noisy by now.

Regarding spare, going by ageing wisdom you are right that oldest tire maybe in worst shape but also depends on the state of your existing ones. Typically a spare which is different from other4 is only meant to take you to a puncture fix point. In my view a better condition less used tire is better option.
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:33   #472
BHPian

Quote:
CCLX2 surely are a very good HT option and will give you a drastic difference since you are coming from ATs which probably are hard and noisy by now.
I am in the market to replace the tyres of Hexa which has same tyre size as XUV500 i.e. 235/65 R17. I have narrowed down to following tyres which are mostly recommanded here:

Michelin LTX Trail (Rs. 15100/- per tyre)
Michelin Primacy SUV (Rs. 15100/- per tyre)
Continental CC LX2 (Rs. 14500/- per tyre)
Yokohoma Geolander G055 (Rs. 13000/-)

My usage is mixed both on highways and bad rural roads. All Michelin dealers whom I enquired are advising to go for LTX Trail over primacy SUV though rates are similar. No one is recommanding Yokohoma.

Whether above rates are fare enough? Any alternative which should be considered? Need urgent help to select right tyre for my Hexa.
Old 24th December 2022, 00:52   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
I am in the market to replace the tyres of Hexa which has same tyre size as XUV500 i.e. 235/65 R17. I have narrowed down to following tyres which are mostly recommanded here:

My usage is mixed both on highways and bad rural roads. All Michelin dealers whom I enquired are advising to go for LTX Trail over primacy SUV though rates are similar. No one is recommanding Yokohoma.

Whether above rates are fare enough? Any alternative which should be considered? Need urgent help to select right tyre for my Hexa.
Prices mentioned are more or less same when I enquired last week for my 2016 50k kms run XUV 500 (AT) in and around Mumbai (Borivali, Santacruz and Navi Mumbai).

Personally I am a fan of silent tires and have opted only Michelins on my previous rides (XM2 on the Swift and Primacy4 on Ecosport) both of them with soft compound were too prone to punctures when travelling in any Industrial area and had to baby around the car on bad patches of roads.

Given that the XUV now rolls over almost all the types of roads from the Mumbai to Ahmedabad super fine roads to worst ones on old Goa highway covering all industrial belts, I am opting the Michelins out both Primacy and LTX.

Majority of tire dealers advised to go for Yokohama Geolanders G055/ Bridgestone, and when asked about CC LX2 they said that the tire's are good in terms of noise and overall grip although warranty claims takes time and comes with limited warranty period, the LTX review is that they become noisy.

Personally I am looking forward to go for CCLX2.
Moto_Guzzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 00:34   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The rule of thumb is that you choose HT if 90/10 is your ratio of road driving vs offroad. Similarly 60/40 for AT and if you do mostly offroad then stick to mud or off road tires. I did my BLR-Leh trip on CCLX2 and they did just fine even at places where roads were broken. I didnt do any off roading than what I had to due to broken patches etc.

Prices seem to have gone up. I got CCLX2 in Feb22 for about ~12K per tire. Michelin Primacy SUV were my 1st preference but were not in supply then. Contis have surely not disappointed and I have driven over 15K kms in last 10months without any issues or punctures so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Guzzi View Post

Given that the XUV now rolls over almost all the types of roads from the Mumbai to Ahmedabad super fine roads to worst ones on old Goa highway covering all industrial belts, I am opting the Michelins out both Primacy and LTX.

Majority of tire dealers advised to go for Yokohama Geolanders G055/ Bridgestone, and when asked about CC LX2 they said that the tire's are good in terms of noise and overall grip although warranty claims takes time and comes with limited warranty period, the LTX review is that they become noisy.

Personally I am looking forward to go for CCLX2.
Given your preference for quiet ride, stick with either CCLX2 or Primacy SUV. My experience tells me that for XUV500 you cannot go wrong with CCLX2. Engine sound gets lot more prominent post change, since you dont hear the tires anymore
Old 26th December 2022, 12:10   #475

Quote:

I'm going to change my tyres today. Michelin Primacy was my first choice, but there's shortage of stocks in our region. So the next best choice was Continental CC LX2.
The price I am being offered here is Rs.12500. MRP seems to be around 14900.
Anand_Mur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 16:09   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Guzzi View Post
Prices mentioned are more or less same when I enquired last week for my 2016 50k kms run XUV 500 (AT) in and around Mumbai (Borivali, Santacruz and Navi Mumbai).
Quote:
The rule of thumb is that you choose HT if 90/10 is your ratio of road driving vs offroad. Similarly 60/40 for AT and if you do mostly offroad then stick to mud or off road tires. I did my BLR-Leh trip on CCLX2 and they did just fine even at places where roads were broken. I didnt do any off roading than what I had to due to broken patches etc.

Prices seem to have gone up. I got CCLX2 in Feb22 for about ~12K per tire. Michelin Primacy SUV were my 1st preference but were not in supply then. Contis have surely not disappointed and I have driven over 15K kms in last 10months without any issues or punctures so far.:
Quote:
I'm going to change my tyres today. Michelin Primacy was my first choice, but there's shortage of stocks in our region. So the next best choice was Continental CC LX2.
The price I am being offered here is Rs.12500. MRP seems to be around 14900.
So finally after much deliberations and suggestions went ahead with Michelin LTX Trail considering my mixed use with road terrain from good to worst roads. The dealer kept both options ready for me between LTX Trail and Primacy SUV. Got a very good deal at Rs.14000/- (Incl. WA & WB) as compared to other dealer in Mumbai who were quoting Rs.15100/-. All the tyres are 2022 manufactured from same lot. Have not driven more yet so cannot comment on its performance. I will keep verdict till long highway trip which is coming tomorrow.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 15:14   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So finally after much deliberations and suggestions went ahead with Michelin LTX Trail considering my mixed use with road terrain from good to worst roads. The dealer kept both options ready for me between LTX Trail and Primacy SUV. Got a very good deal at Rs.14000/- (Incl. WA & WB) as compared to other dealer in Mumbai who were quoting Rs.15100/-. All the tyres are 2022 manufactured from same lot. Have not driven more yet so cannot comment on its performance. I will keep verdict till long highway trip which is coming tomorrow.
Good choice esp keeping the bad roads in mind that you driver over. Do share highway feedback. I would expect some amount of road noise increase given the tread pattern etc. Others have also highlighted the same in the past.
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:52   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Do share highway feedback.
So I completed 1k Km trip on new set of tyres Michelin LTX Trail. The drive was on mixed road conditions such as Concrete roads, Asphalt roads and no road condition. The tyres performed really well on all kind of surfaces. These tyres have excellent dry grip and minimum braking distance. The tyres glided over bad road(Read no road conditions) without any fuss. The tyres provided excellent high speed stability and confidence inspiring cornering ability. The only con I would say is that tyres becomes little noisy for speeds upwards 100 Kmph which can be overcome by playing your favourite music. For wet grip performance I will have to wait till next monsoon season.

Overall I am happy with Michelin LTX trail and put thumbs up for those who are interested in these tyres.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 08:01   #479
BHPian

Dear Team Bhpians

I have completed 60k on 2016 XUV 500 w10. Its time to change the original Brigdestones. I would comments and views on the Kenda Tires.

Kenda KR15 P235/65R17 Tubless High Performance Car Tyre https://amzn.eu/d/4bypYtH

I have used Kenda earlier for my getz and performance was amazing for that size of car. Would like views regarding XUV as its a big and heavy vehicle.
Old 12th January 2023, 23:14   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.saab View Post
Dear Team Bhpians

I have completed 60k on 2016 XUV 500 w10. Its time to change the original Brigdestones. I would comments and views on the Kenda Tires.

Kenda KR15 P235/65R17 Tubless High Performance Car Tyre https://amzn.eu/d/4bypYtH

I have used Kenda earlier for my getz and performance was amazing for that size of car. Would like views regarding XUV as its a big and heavy vehicle.
This is first time I have heard of this brand for XUV500 size option. Also looking at the price I am thinking its too good to be true or at par with the other popular options from Conti or Michelin. It is about 40% less. I would strongly suggest you search and do more research before choosing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks