Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 22:33   #481
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.saab View Post
Dear Team Bhpians

I have completed 60k on 2016 XUV 500 w10. Its time to change the original Brigdestones. I would comments and views on the Kenda Tires.

Kenda KR15 P235/65R17 Tubless High Performance Car Tyre https://amzn.eu/d/4bypYtH

I have used Kenda earlier for my getz and performance was amazing for that size of car. Would like views regarding XUV as its a big and heavy vehicle.
Stock Bridgestone have a load rating of 104 and speed rating of H - this tyre has both of these lesser the OEM - maybe a good idea to avoid.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 01:18   #482

This would be a long post over my dilemma to choose the correct Tyres for my XUV500 AT.

I took the plunge on 28th of Jan 23 after sleepless eyewatering and eye straining nights scanning through this thread and the www and I thought to myself that I would finalize on the perfect one, but noo! I was more confused then ever between the Yokohama G015 (AT)and the Continental CCLX2 (HT).

History:
I had been using Michelin Xm2 on my Swift and Primacy4 on the Ecosport and was used to the silent tyres and superb grip although I had to baby around the Ecosport as these would pick up nails, metal strips and broken glass I've had 4 punctures immediately as I got the tyres.

Current State:
As I grew through my career and life my job priorities changed, we had been building a retirement house for my parents at my home town Alibaug just over 100kms from Mumbai, My Job requires me to travel through industrial belts all over GJ, MH and GA roads, and also visiting my parents at the new house at Alibaug on weekends.

I was clocking Kms on the XUV as fast as the Volvo buses doing intercity runs, I did approx 30k kms in a year and odo now stands at 51k kms, thankfully I got my office car after a long wait due to chip issues a humble Swift Dzire automatic which would now share the running with XUV.

This would mean I would be using the XUV only on long runs and weekend travel to Alibaug.

The Dilemma:
Since now the XUV would only be used for travel more then 50kms and only on Highways but, given the broken roads all over Mumbai and the superb suspension XUV has over these roads (Pun Intended) and moreover the roads to Alibaug are also 40% filled with uneven bumps and some really bad patches due to constant JSW trucks carrying tons of steel.

I would say my XUV would see bad roads 80% of time. and only occasional trips to Ahmedabad and Goa.

My Heart wanted to go for Continental CCLX2 (HT) for better performance and silent ride and similar characteristics like the Michelin.

But the mind always said G015 for its AT characteristics and multiple success stories through US, UK and AUS forums and multiple Youtube videos.

Research:-

I enquired at Straight line, Pal Tyres and Premji Tyres, prices I got was almost same and a little cheaper at Pal, although I went ahead with Premji tyres for Mark's great service and prior experience.
Recent Youtube videos and comments showed that the CCLX2 had 5 ply design and the company had extended the warranty although not unconditional where as Yokohama had unconditional warranty.
I couldn't find more videos and reviews for CCLX2 but lots of reviews and chats for the G015 specially fitted on 2WD ford trucks, Everest, Hilux and Pajeros.

The decision:-

I went ahead with the offer from Mark (Premji Tyres) since it was a Saturday I took my father along for his opinion too as he says " A mans shoes and his cars tyres should have no compromise" this has a deep meaning to it.

We reached Premji tyres at 10.30 am I asked them to show both the tyres CCLX2 and G015 and I went ahead with G015 given my driving needs.

The folks at Premji's took the car on ramp to remove the old BS and they had worn out unevenly with cracks I got 1k for those. Checked the new G015 all 4 where dated with Dec 22 manufacturing so they were fresh out of factory.

Alignment ka chakkar :-
Premji did the wheel balancing of new tyres and checked the alignment which was totally off as per their team, I had got the alignment done just 1k kms before for the Bridgestone's from Straight line at that time Trevor was not present but Amol was there, my car used to really drive in a straight line and they had solved the dreaded left pull which all XUV have factory fitted but, the technician at Premji showed me the alignment report where he said the tyres were set ( \ / ) in this pattern so that the vehicle goes straight this would eventually wear out the tyres from inside.

Now I was really confused and told the technician at Premji to align as per the original specs, and as soon as the alignment was done my car drove straight but steering wheel was tilted towards the left (THIS GAVE AN ERROR OF TC AND HDC on the dash). Premji guy said this can be solved just by recalibrating the steering for 2.5k at his place and this happens when the alignment is done with worn out tyres according to the tyre condition.

I got this done at my trusted mechanic friend for 500 bucks he just opened the airbag with horn module accessed the steering nut and replaced the steering in straight direction as soon as this was done the Error of TC and HDC was gone but airbag light started to glow which was also cleared by Mahindra ismart scanner software.

Has anyone encountered this problem in any of your XUV or other cars please let me know.

Given Straight line got my car running straight, can anyone please confirm if I am missing some technical understanding here how can the alignment be soo off ?

One thing to notice was after the alignment and balancing at SL I was still getting some very minute wobble at 120-130kmph.

The G015:-

The tyres are absolutely bliss over Mumbai roads, the first drive from Thane to Kandivali was super smooth the flyover strips could not be felt inside cabin small bumps were eliminated totally, my previous BS had become hard as rock and car used to make a Thud noise over bumps, potholes and flyovers.
and screech on braking.
Second day I did a 300kms drive from Kandivali to Silvassa and back the very first experience of the tyre comfort i got to feel was the uneven road as soon as you leave the fountain hotel flyover towards Vasai and boy the car just glided over it.

Touched good unmentionable speeds over Palghar-Dahanu stretch the tyre noise is extremely less or might be due to the damping on all doors, although all interior noise and an bit of engine noise is become more audible.

No wobble no fuss on speeds above 120Kmph.

Grip is fantastic, breaking has improved a lot also cornering is better then the stock BS.

Today I came to Alibaug and the G015 took over the wadkhal patch with loose gravel and mud like hot knife on butter.

I am extremely happy with my spending of almost half a peti
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tbhp1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tbhp3.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tbhp2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tbhp4.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20230129_111132.jpg  

Moto_Guzzi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 13:38   #483
BHPian

Hello All,

Looking for advice on upgrading the tyres
Vehicle - XUV500 W11 AT (O) 2019.
Current tyres - Yokohama Geolander 225/60R18
Car has clocked 87000 KM.

Car met with an accident last month and both left side tyres got damaged along with rim. Both the tyres will be covered in insurance (50% only).

I tried to inquire with nearby stores but looks like they do not have this size available. Tyres have already done around 20K+ and in ok shape.

Should I just replace only the damaged tyres and use other 2 in the back?
Upgrade all 4 (2 with insurance and 2 with my money)?
What should be suitable size?

My usage is 80-90% highways and rest near by area in city that too off hours.
Old 5th April 2023, 15:19   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Finally switched to Continental CCLX2 on my XUV500 yesterday. Initial impressions on link below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5263067 (Continental tyres)
Folks, general up update. Completed about 18000km on the Conti CCLX2 in the last 1 yr since I got them. Relatively higher running last 1 yr given the Leh road trip from Bangalore and also multiple weekend trips around Bangalore. CCLX2 have held well and I feel they are performing as good as they were when new. Wear has been nominal as well. XUV500 infamous left pull is not completely resolved. Overall certainly a recommended HT option for XUV. Dont regret not getting the Michelin last year due to supply issues.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 14:18   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
XUV500 infamous left pull is not completely resolved. .
After reading your post, my heard for set on Conti CC LX2. But then I heard from a dealer here that the left pull is common with CC LX2, and is suggesting me to go for Yoko Blue Earth RV02 instead. Now completely confused, which one do I go for. Any suggestions?
Old 13th April 2023, 17:39   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsm9382 View Post
After reading your post, my heard for set on Conti CC LX2. But then I heard from a dealer here that the left pull is common with CC LX2, and is suggesting me to go for Yoko Blue Earth RV02 instead. Now completely confused, which one do I go for. Any suggestions?
I have been using Bluearth RV02 on my XUV700 and have completed 15k kms. These do not have aggressive or fancy thread patterns but ride comfort and mileage are a big plus on these. Except for the jarring from inside City multiple white strips they are absolutely quiet and well performing in my experience.
manoj.elan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:08   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NSM, I am not sure if tires can cause the left pull but then I cannot be 100% sure. But XUV500 is known for this issue anyways. I had the problem even when I had bridgestones but it was tad less than Contis. From what I know there is some imbalance in the weight distribution in front which causes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj.elan View Post
I have been using Bluearth RV02 on my XUV700 and have completed 15k kms. These do not have aggressive or fancy thread patterns but ride comfort and mileage are a big plus on these. Except for the jarring from inside City multiple white strips they are absolutely quiet and well performing in my experience.
Only word of caution about RV02 is that they are soft compound and may have lesser life compared to other brands and may not be as abuse friendly. Infact they were my top choice but Yoko dealer recommended against them since I had Leh trip planned etc.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:17   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After reading your post, my heard for set on Conti CC LX2. But then I heard from a dealer here that the left pull is common with CC LX2,
Not an apples to apples comparison, but adding to Supertinu's point - I am using the CC LX2 on my Seltos for a year/20k kms now. I had the left pull my installing the tyre and getting the alignment done at the tyre store. During the next service, I got the alignment done at the service centre and the car sticks to a straight line perfectly. This makes me believe it was not the tyre's fault but the alignment machine used by Tyre Empire, Bangalore.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 00:48   #489
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I need your guidance. Here is my use case.

90% of travel is on asphalt and concrete roads. On 10% of occasions, I go on WBM road and it contains a lot of small crushed stones. Please see the attached pics for my 10% usage.

I am on the stock Bridgestone Dueler H/T, 80000 km completed. The tyres can still run more than 10000 KMs, but one of the tyres has been giving me problems for the last 1 year. It keeps getting punctured. BS Dueler is a loose rock/stone magnet and becomes noisy at low speeds (that tik-tik sound) but except for that one tyre, I do not have any punctures in the remaining 4 tyres.

I wish to change the set of 4 now.

I have a few questions
  1. Will it bring any positive impact by deploying A/T tyres on only front-wheel drive XUV5OO? or should I continue with H/T?
  2. Is there a tyre which sits between A/T and H/T?
  3. Which ones are more aquaplaning resistant? H/T or A/T?
  4. Are silica tyres successful in terms of durability and handling(BluEarth / Ecopia)? I am not much bothered about fuel efficiency.

The tyres I've shortlisted are
Yokohama BluEarth RV02 (I believe it's H/T)
Bridgestone Dueler H/T

Yokohama GeoLander G015 A/T
Bridgestone Dueler A/T

Please suggest to me to choose the right shoes for my XUV5OO. Based on your personal experience, you can suggest another brand too.

PS - I had MICHELIN LTX Trail also on the list, but thanks to MICHELIN for publishing unbiased reviews on their site, those reviews suggested that beyond 120 KMPH, the noise is unbearable.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-road2.png  

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-road1.png  

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-road3.png  

Old 15th September 2023, 12:42   #490

Hi Beautiful people,

I am in a big confusion on tyer change for my Dumma (XUV 500 AT).

My Dumma (XUV 500) 2017 model and run 56K km till now and on stock Bridgestone. Couple of months back one of the tyer had a puncture at the edge of the side wall and same was fixed by 3 puncture strips. Recently I noticed the pressure in that tyer is slowly reducing as each day passes. I took Dumma to puncture shop, the puncture shop guy pointed to the same puncture as there is a slow air leak and said I should get the hot puncture fix. I am hesitant doing this, but also confused.

I reached out to one of the tyer shops in Bangalore, he inspected all the tyers and asked me to just buy one and use the unused spare wheel so that it will 2 new tyers and 2 old tyers. I think this is not right!! as its different condition of tyers

Tyer condition
Spare wheel never used,
Rest 3 tyers never had puncture and have good threads.
Only drawback is all tyers are aged 6 years

I am seeking your advise and opinion.

Should I just buy one tyer and use the spare wheel together for front and rear use the old ones

Or

Buy new set of tyers , then Which one should I go for ? after reading so many pages , I see the answers are inclined toward Continental and Yokohama. Help me decide

Regards
Old 13th October 2023, 13:30   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smungara View Post
Hi Beautiful people,

Tyer condition
Spare wheel never used,
Rest 3 tyers never had puncture and have good threads.
Only drawback is all tyers are aged 6 years

I am seeking your advise and opinion.

Should I just buy one tyer and use the spare wheel together for front and rear use the old ones

Or

Buy new set of tyers , then Which one should I go for ? after reading so many pages , I see the answers are inclined toward Continental and Yokohama. Help me decide

Regards
I always prefer going for a set of four tyres. Geolanders and Contis are popular choices for performance tyres. Another solid but underrated tyre is the Apollo Apterra HT2.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 13:48   #492
BHPian

Guys my 2015 XUV500 W10 AWD tires 235 65 R17 Yokohama G015 tires completed 40,000kms and are up for a change.

Considering options for an upsize with the same rim size.

Please suggest between 245 65 R17 & 255 65 R17.

Do not want to do an upsize if it compromises driving dynamics, ride and handling.

Just for your information my vehicle is also a remapped one producing 213Bhp and 495Nm torque with an upgraded ARC complete suspension setup.
Old 22nd December 2023, 15:00   #493

Dear all, now it is my turn standing at the cross roads and going through the most grueling phase of finding the right tyres to replace my stock Bridgestone Duelers for my XUV500 W10 AWD.

I'm inclined towards HT tyres as my major usage is on highways and I'm looking for the low-noise ones. After scrutiny of this thread and several weeks of research, I was able to shortlist the below 3, in the order of preference:

1. Michelin Primacy SUV+ : These tyres seem to be the best based on the user experiences shared in this thread and also as suggested by most of the tyre dealers. These tyres are available in my city Bangalore, but the latest available stock is May-2022. Due to import bans, new stocks are not predictable and also one trusted source informed me that there would be no more imports as Michelin is all ready to setup their new plant in India to start manufacturing these tyres probably in a year or so.

2. Pirelli Scorpion Verde : These seem good but a little noisier than the Michelin Primacy SUV. One popular dealer mentioned that these tyres are not quite suitable for XUV500 due to their hard suspension. I was not able to quite understand his statement and also I was not able to find any detailed ownership reviews of these tyres. These tyres are available in Bangalore, but the latest available stock is Dec-2022.

3. Continental Cross Contact HT : These are launched very recently and said to have replaced their previous LX2 variant. With no surprise, Continental is the most advocated brand by almost all of the tyre dealers here and their sales pitch is quite intense. Very fresh stocks available.

I plan to replace the tyres this weekend and now I'm in a dilemma about which one to choose. I would love to go for the Primacy SUV but the stock is 19 months old. Coming to the Scorpion Verde, wondering whether it is okay to go ahead even though they are 12 months old? The dealers say that Michelin and Pirelli are premium tyres with silicon compounds and do not harden even if stocked for 2 years. Regarding the Cross Contact HT, they also seem to be good and low-noise tyres, but I'm concerned about the left pulling issue which many of you have reported.

Looking forward for your expert suggestions.
Old 23rd December 2023, 18:53   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
Hi Folks,

I need your guidance. Here is my use case.
  1. Is there a tyre which sits between A/T and H/T?
  2. Are silica tyres successful in terms of durability and handling(BluEarth / Ecopia)? I am not much bothered about fuel efficiency.
Look at Continental CrossContact AX6. I am using this after using a strong AT tyre (CrossContact AT). It is exactly in between AT & HT and has silica in the compund. The compound has silica, so its life will be better than normal tyres. At the same time it is not so soft that it will shred on rough trails or potholed roads.
Old 24th December 2023, 21:01   #495

Hi All,

I need some advice. I have a 2018 XUV 500 W7 AT. I bought it the car second hand ij June 2022 when it was 18K Kms, and now it is 33K Kms.

I have 2 new tyres in the front and 2 old tyres, apollo original that came with the car, so about 5 years old.

Question: The 2 old tyres have enough tread on them, as only 33K driven and can eaisly go another 5-10K kms, but the tyre shops are saying they are a bit hard so not safe. I dont feel them very hard, but not sure whether I should replace them or not?

Thanks and looking forward to your advice.

Roadtraveller

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks