Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:22   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Yoko is still importing A Drives!! the long term plan is to phase them out and replace them with the Earth 1s in all sizes. That will be in a few more months once the new Haryana plant of Yokohama is running on full steam.
Old 24th June 2014, 18:15   #107
BHPian

Re: Yokohama launching Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Fitted the Earth-1 tyres on the Altis last weekend from Madhus.

Initial impressions are very good. Moved from OE size of 195/65-15 to 205/65-15. This has caused the ride quality to improve dramatically. Ofcourse the old Bridgestones were 47K kms and 5 years old so the ride/handling had pretty much gone for a toss.

The other advantage is the increase in ground clearance. No need to worry about bangalore infamous speed breakers. The car now looks visibly raised. Some may not like stance but wider tyres with larger dia fill the wheel well completely. I love that.
Hey Vid, do your new tyres in the front touch the fender under full load conditions/during complete turns?

Any suggestions if it would be good for me to upgrade my Dzire tires from 185/65/R15 to 195/65/R15?
Options in 185/65/R15 are limited, 195/60/R15 would cause me to loose some GC, & 205/60/R15 I feel would be an overkill, esp. on stock 5.5J alloys.
Old 12th July 2014, 12:14   #108
BHPian

185/65R15, available with Yoko,Michelin,BS....
Old 14th July 2014, 14:17   #109
BHPian

Hi Guys,

was following this thread for some time. Finally got my car tyres changed over the weekend. I was running the stock Bridgestone tyres for 60k kms... punctured couple of times in the last so many years. This time wanted to try some latest tyres and went ahead with Yoko Earth-1... honestly after the change I could not find any noticeable difference, albeit too early. I dont know if I am too naive to find anything or my existing tyres were too good... but overall these are cheaper tyres in the market now and if one is going to drive mostly in good roads then these are more than good enough i guess....
Old 14th July 2014, 14:34   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsriram View Post
Hi Guys,

was following this thread for some time. Finally got my car tyres changed over the weekend. I was running the stock Bridgestone tyres for 60k kms... punctured couple of times in the last so many years. This time wanted to try some latest tyres and went ahead with Yoko Earth-1... honestly after the change I could not find any noticeable difference, albeit too early. I dont know if I am too naive to find anything or my existing tyres were too good... but overall these are cheaper tyres in the market now and if one is going to drive mostly in good roads then these are more than good enough i guess....
Can you please be specific? Which Bridgestone pattern were you using?
Old 17th July 2014, 19:53   #111
BHPian

I was running Bridgestone ER300 ... 195/65/R15 tyres..
Old 21st July 2014, 17:36   #112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yokohama launching Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Japanese tyre manufacturer Yokohama inaugurated its first production facility in India in Bahadurgarh, Haryana.

Initially, the plant will manufacture the Yokohama Earth-1 tyres, ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
New sizes will be introduced in June or July when the factory starts up in Haryana. As of now, all the 4 sizes are being imported from The Philippines.
Doesn't look like the local manufacturing has had any impact in their price, which is quite strange.

Any idea, on how much the 205/65/R15 would cost for the Civic?
Old 21st July 2014, 18:23   #113
BHPian

They are yet to start commercial production at the India plant. The first few batches of various sizes have been sent to Japan for testing (chemical composition etc etc)
The good news about the India plant' production is that they're going to come out with sizes that sell in large volumes here :
165/80/R14
155/80/R13
145/80/R13
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 20:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

Do they offer the A or the C drives in 185/70R14, I need to change the tires on my Swift zxi ASAP . The other option is the Apollo Amazer 4G but am not sure of the product/model & having used the JK Vectras (OEM) do not want to repeat the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
They are yet to start commercial production at the India plant. The first few batches of various sizes have been sent to Japan for testing (chemical composition etc etc)
The good news about the India plant' production is that they're going to come out with sizes that sell in large volumes here :
165/80/R14
155/80/R13
145/80/R13
Old 21st July 2014, 20:51   #115
BHPian

185/70/R14 is only available in A-drive as of now.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 23:32   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
185/70/R14 is only available in A-drive as of now.
Correct, that is what I was also told. Even the 175/70R13 is only available in A.Drive currently.
Old 10th August 2014, 00:44   #117
BHPian

Me facing a leak at sidewall on relatively new yokohama earth1 tyre. I have been checking air pressure at the same shop where I bought the tyre and for the last two times front left tyre seems to loose pressure faster. Today after a detail check found a very small leak at sidewall. The tyre shop guy told me that he needs to show the tyre to company person to check for warranty claim. I believe they will replace it on warranty since it's sure a manufacturing defect it seems.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-1407624122388.jpg  

Old 10th August 2014, 22:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

^ Not expected on a brand new tyre & a tyre that claims thicker side walls!
Hope they replace it without any fuss.
Old 11th August 2014, 17:24   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Me facing a leak at sidewall on relatively new yokohama earth1 tyre. I have been checking air pressure at the same shop where I bought the tyre and for the last two times front left tyre seems to loose pressure faster. Today after a detail check found a very small leak at sidewall. The tyre shop guy told me that he needs to show the tyre to company person to check for warranty claim. I believe they will replace it on warranty since it's sure a manufacturing defect it seems.
Tyre guru's need your advice.

The tyre shop person called and inform, that the company will replace the tyre. but they will charge some money on pro rata basis based on tread wear. I have changed the tyres on March 2014. and ran ~4k kms.
According to the tyre shop person, this is the way Tyres are replaced for manufacturing defect.
Im yet to see the amount i need to pay for the new tyres.

Is this is the way tyre replacement done on warranty period? Any idea on how much they will charge?
Old 11th August 2014, 21:08   #120
BHPian

That is the standard operating procedure in regard to tyre claims regardless of brand / size. The company's service engineer will measure the NSD (non skid depth) on your tyre - deduct the tread wear vis-a-vis that of a new tyre and give you a replacement.
WasavaTyres is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks