Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 13:14   #196
BHPian

re: 4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Could you please update your experience with the P3ST? Is there any noticeable difference in FE?
The ride seems to be a bit softer, however the comparison may not be right due to the fact that the comparison is with 5 years old tyres which were hard.
No noticeable change in FE (as I expected). In any case, most of my driving is in city and other factors such traffic and road conditions play a much bigger role in FE than the tyres.
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:15   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
If I change my tyres on day 1 itself, what is the exchange that I can expect for each of the city OEM tyre brands?
It depends on what tyre brand you're getting. Different dealers give different rates for same brand as well. Once your car gets allotted, check what tyre it has and go to market and crosscheck for the best deal.
Old 26th March 2015, 12:17   #198
BHPian

I am getting delivery of my new Honda City VX-MT car this Saturday. I am taking the following accessories:

1. Change stock ICE system to a Caska 7.9" touch screen with voice assisted SatNav
2. 3M treatment to the outer body for enhanced shine and richer look (the colour is Silver).
3. Chrome garnishing for all the doors along with front & rear bumpers and a rear spoiler
4. Llumar AIR80 clear film on the front & rear windscreens as well as windows. Traffic cops won't even know there is a film :-D
4. Change stock tyres (Bridgestone B250) to Michelin Primacy 3ST on the day of delivery. Specifications are 195/60 R15. I am getting all the five tyres changed at Rs. 10,250/- only.

I have two questions:

1. Do I need to get a wheel alignment also done after replacing the tyres or just a wheel balancing will be sufficient?
2. I see a lot of confusion on the recommended tyre pressure for the wider tyres. Should I set it to higher or lower than the recommended tyre pressure of the stock tyres?

Answers will be appreciated.

Last edited by samirsarkar : 26th March 2015 at 12:20.
Old 27th March 2015, 01:15   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I moved from stock tyres to Michelin P3ST 195/60R15, I could feel the difference in the city as well. The tyres are silent and the ride is much more comfortable when going over uneven roads.
\
I want to switch to the same P3ST 195/60R15 from the OE one's. I have few queries :
1.Has the body roll decreased when making a turn ?
2.Does the car grip well when taking fast corners ?
3.Did you notice any drop in the FE ?
Old 27th March 2015, 07:38   #200
BHPian

^^^^The Michelins are soft hence the body roll is more pronounced compared to stock. But the grip levels are very good along with the smooth ride. Go for a performance tyre like Yokohama s drives which will give you sporty performance at the cost of ride quality and road noise. Also going for low profile tyres along with upsizing the rim to 16 inches would help too. Both of which I wouldn't recommend for the city because of the already stiff suspension. The 3st with their pliant ride is a perfect fit for the new city.
fastraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:15   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I have two questions:

1. Do I need to get a wheel alignment also done after replacing the tyres or just a wheel balancing will be sufficient after upgrading to 195/60 R15?
2. I see a lot of confusion on the recommended tyre pressure for the wider tyres. Should I set it to higher or lower than the recommended tyre pressure of the stock tyres?

People,

Any answers to the above queries? I am getting delivery tomorrow. Will appreciate your advice.
Old 27th March 2015, 11:22   #202
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting delivery of my new Honda City VX-MT car this Saturday. I am taking the following accessories:

2. 3M treatment to the outer body for enhanced shine and richer look (the colour is Silver).

4. Llumar AIR80 clear film on the front & rear windscreens as well as windows. Traffic cops won't even know there is a film :-D
Congratulations on getting the beauty

I would recommend CQuartz treatment over 3M if you know someone who does a good job in Pune for the same. Its a much more premium product

Can you share the quote for Llumar AIR80 clear film?
Quote:
I have two questions:

1. Do I need to get a wheel alignment also done after replacing the tyres or just a wheel balancing will be sufficient?

Alignment is not required on a new car. Just get balancing done and when you go for rotation the next time (5000km) you can get alignment done.

For pressure, you can start with the manufacturer recommended values even on the new tires and can go 1-2 psi up/down to find the sweet spot.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 12:29   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Congratulations on getting the beauty

I would recommend CQuartz treatment over 3M if you know someone who does a good job in Pune for the same. Its a much more premium product

Can you share the quote for Llumar AIR80 clear film?

Alignment is not required on a new car. Just get balancing done and when you go for rotation the next time (5000km) you can get alignment done.

For pressure, you can start with the manufacturer recommended values even on the new tires and can go 1-2 psi up/down to find the sweet spot.
Thank you for the response. I have not seen any dealer here in Pune for CQuartz treatment. Hence, going ahead with 3M whose workshop is just next to the Honda showroom.

I am getting Llumar AIR80 clear film at Rs. 20,000/- for the front & rear windscreen, all windows as well as the sunroof. Seems like a good deal to me.
Old 27th March 2015, 15:41   #204
BHPian

I went to a local dealer today and he suggested me to go for the Continental MC5 instead of Michelin P3ST. Also if i exchange my stock tyres i have to pay just Rs 4000 extra in total for the MC5 and Rs 7200 for the P3ST .
Price for me is really not an issue but how would you guys rate the two ? The stock tyres i've got on my new city are the XM1's
Old 27th March 2015, 17:44   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
I went to a local dealer today and he suggested me to go for the Continental MC5 instead of Michelin P3ST. Also if i exchange my stock tyres i have to pay just Rs 4000 extra in total for the MC5 and Rs 7200 for the P3ST .
Price for me is really not an issue but how would you guys rate the two ? The stock tyres i've got on my new city are the XM1's
Firstly, if you have been lucky enough to get Michelins as the stock tyres, don't bother changing them at all right now. However, if you are indeed bothered about the puny tyres of the City and want wider tyres please go for the P3ST only which are better than the Continental ones...
samirsarkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 14:16   #206
BHPian

My Honda city VXMT has arrived at the stockyard, but cannot take delivery for 10 more days waiting for auspicious day Don't question the home ministry, so 10 days it is.
So, yesterday visited the stockyard and had a close look at the car. My SA was considerate enough to get the car cleaned up for the preview. Out came the beauty shining in carnelian red. First thing to watch out were the tires and they are michelin

4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20150328_161224.jpg

I had plans of getting 195/60 Michelins on Delivery, but now I put that idea on hold.
Then checked the VIN and it's March'15 manufactured.
Did a quick inspection of exterior & Interior and found it good to my knowledge.

Coming to the accessories,
- Side step garnish
- Sports pedal
Both from the dealer.

After reading the recent posts in this thread, I may go for the
- Llumar AIR80 clear film ( Does it cause problems in night driving, if installed on front windscreen?)

I had the plans to go for 3D Kagu floor mats. But, the stock mats doesn't look bad either. I may not be a good judge of this, just by a cursory look.Any suggestions here?
Old 13th April 2015, 16:10   #207
BHPian

I upgraded my tyres to Michelin 195/60R15 and went for 6.5J Alloys. Due to this, the tyres marginally protrude outside the wheel arch/body. During rainy days, the front tyres end up splashing the entire side body of the car as the mud flaps have been designed with the stock tyres/alloys. I tried looking around for options for wider mud flaps but have found nothing. If anyone has changed mud flaps to suit wider tyres, please do share some pointers here.
Old 13th April 2015, 16:47   #208
BHPian

I too have a similar experiene with my Michelin P3 ST for my ANHC. The front doors are sprayed with a lot of slush during rains. I had a bad experience with my upgrade, as one of the P3ST tyres had to be replaced at cost within 200 Kms of installing as the side wall cracked. When I approached the dealer, he mentioned that it is sheer bad luck and that I have no other option than to buy another tyre. He was gracious enough to offer me a 50% discount on the new purchase, but I felt that Michelin should have replaced it free of cost. A Rs. 6000 tyre developing a side wall crack within 200 Kms is definitely not acceptable. But other than that, the Michelins have improved the ride quality by a huge margin. The tyre noise is virtually non-existent now.
iVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 10:19   #209

Hello everydbody,

i am preparing to take delivery of the new ivtec V family car. iv'e decided to go in for a tyre upgrade/upsize but cant decide on which tyre.

i'm currently debating the 3ST & C.drive

out of 10 priority points;
Performance/safety: 4
comfort/noise: 3
efficiency/durability: 3

this is my first new car & first set of tyres.
i would like to minimize body roll & would prefer decent wet handling(but, not at the cost of dry handling).

please advice,
thank you.
Old 23rd April 2015, 23:17   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddify View Post
Hello everydbody,

i am preparing to take delivery of the new ivtec V family car. iv'e decided to go in for a tyre upgrade/upsize but cant decide on which tyre.

i'm currently debating the 3ST & C.drive

out of 10 priority points;
Performance/safety: 4
comfort/noise: 3
efficiency/durability: 3

this is my first new car & first set of tyres.
i would like to minimize body roll & would prefer decent wet handling(but, not at the cost of dry handling).

please advice,
thank you.
Go with either P3ST or Continental CPC2. Both are excellent. I found CPC2 to be more grippy.
C-Drive is an average tyre (in every aspect).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks