Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 15:23   #301
Team-BHP Support

Well there is a third opton, Continental Cross Contact AT.
Its not so good on road(as compared to Yoko Geolander), but offroad its really amazing. I think part of the reason is the aggressive shoulder tread, which is more truck type than passenger car type.
You can read my detailed review about that tire in this section
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:51   #302
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
LOL, well said Adi!

I think the TCIC comes with 15 inchers whereas the Dicors come in 16. For the 15 inchers, we also have Dueller A/Ts (which are presently not available in 16 inchers) - not sure if ACM currently has A/Ts or the H/Ts though.
Yep mine are 15 inchers, I am on the third set of Bridgestone Duellers at 155,000 kms, they have lasted, now want to make one last change and since am changing all 4 at the same time this time, am prepared to try yoko AT / HT or Bridgestone Duellers HT again need to choose between the two, Michellins are too expensive to put on the old guy considering the limited future use with it now only being used 2 days a week.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:21   #303
Senior - BHPian

My pick yokohama ATS. This is based on 2 of members here are using. Feeling is yoko ATS might be harder than bridgestone dueller. I guess per tyre cost would be around 5200/- How much Michellin LTX costs in 15 inch? I feel around 5500/-

So If you need better ride go for yoko HTS for comfy ride compared to ATS.

If you don't like any of these then try bridgestone itself which is tried and tested in your case.

Ravi.
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:25   #304
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
My pick yokohama ATS. This is based on 2 of members here are using. Feeling is yoko ATS might be harder than bridgestone dueller. I guess per tyre cost would be around 5200/- How much Michellin LTX costs in 15 inch? I feel around 5500/-

So If you need better ride go for yoko HTS for comfy ride compared to ATS.

If you don't like any of these then try bridgestone itself which is tried and tested in your case.

Ravi.
When I bought my Yokos about 4-5 months back there wasn't a significant price difference between them and the Michelins. In the end there was no strong/convincing reason to go for one over the other. As the thread shows, Yokos have the largest takers! Go ahead.

Cheers,
Adi
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:43   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep mine are 15 inchers, I am on the third set of Bridgestone Duellers at 155,000 kms, they have lasted, now want to make one last change and since am changing all 4 at the same time this time, am prepared to try yoko AT / HT or Bridgestone Duellers HT again need to choose between the two, Michellins are too expensive to put on the old guy considering the limited future use with it now only being used 2 days a week.
Go for the YOKO ATS. You wont regret it.
Old 6th November 2009, 19:59   #306
Senior - BHPian

I always look for something comfort rather than show off and hard ride. Yoko was looking awasome but prefered Michellins over it.

Just an update! I have purchased Michellin LTX AT 235/75 R15 tyres recently and cost is 5350/- per tyre, card payment, includes air holding neck (sorry don't know what it is called) without chrome. Yokohama ATS quote was 5000/- per tyre. I purchased Michellins because of my Alto experience and I received surprise gift like leather watch/wallet/card holding wallet/key chain holding wallet (its written cost is 2500/-) as well.

Add 150/- each towards changing/balancing/weights to mount the new tyres.

So total cost is like 5500/- per tyre.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS I miss that dream of white letters on tyres since 15 inch michellin tyre don't come with white color while Yoko has white letter which looks excellant!

Last edited by ravibhat : 6th November 2009 at 20:01.
Old 6th November 2009, 20:27   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I always look for something comfort rather than show off and hard ride. Yoko was looking awasome but prefered Michellins over it.

Just an update! I have purchased Michellin LTX AT 235/75 R15 tyres recently and cost is 5350/- per tyre, card payment, includes air holding neck (sorry don't know what it is called) without chrome. Yokohama ATS quote was 5000/- per tyre. I purchased Michellins because of my Alto experience and I received surprise gift like leather watch/wallet/card holding wallet/key chain holding wallet (its written cost is 2500/-) as well.

Add 150/- each towards changing/balancing/weights to mount the new tyres.

So total cost is like 5500/- per tyre.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS I miss that dream of white letters on tyres since 15 inch michellin tyre don't come with white color while Yoko has white letter which looks excellant!
for 15 incher?

And which Yoko have stuff written in white? My ATS dont.
Old 6th November 2009, 22:13   #308
Senior - BHPian

YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER (ATS most moving suv tyre) 15 inch was white as per I remember. 16 inch Michellin LTX AT2 has white but 15 inch Michellin don't have white. So both of us missed White letters LOL. MFG date is like 2909. I checked same in 3-4 shops.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 6th November 2009 at 22:14.
Old 7th November 2009, 17:04   #309
Senior - BHPian

Yoko Geolander ATS are not unidirectional right?
Old 7th November 2009, 22:34   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

No they are not! Hehe....
Old 9th November 2009, 09:51   #311
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for all the feedback. Note the below is about Safari R15 Tyres

Bought Michellin LTX AT 235/75/R15 - Price Rs. 5500X4 including - Balancing & Alignment, (old tyre exchange - cancelled out the weights cost). They also give a United Colours of Benetton gift that comprised a wrist watch, leather key chain, car holder, wallet.

Had made up my mind to check out the Yoko Geolander ATS. - Went to the shop where i had got the Yoko S-Drive on ny Laura fitted less than a year back - They guy had stopped selling Yoko. Went to the other yoko guy who had be the second option last time round and had lost on price - and that guy too had stopped selling yoko. The guys mumbled something about support. Anyways both these guys had Bridgestone Duellers as an option but not in stock. (They had tyres with tubes as the option.)

Phoned another contact again no Yoko. Then one of the shops I visited (who has the authorized dealer ship for both Bridgestone and Michellin informed me that there was a delivery issue in MRF factory over the last 6 months and hence the OEM vendors had shifted to all the other brands and there was a shortfall of material in the market. He check for Bridgestone duellers (my previous tyres) and informed me that they would take 10 days while michellins LTS AT2 could be arranged by next day.

In the meanwhile the MRF Wanderer AT pricing too was Rs. 5600 (highest quoted compared to all the other international brand tyres.). They had 2 cheaper options in MRF from 4600 onwards but that did not impress in looks and plus MRF does not use silicon in the manufacturing process.

I was in a hurry so checked the website for LTS AT2 (the dealer had mentioned AT2 inplace of AT) and was impressed by the looks specs etc. They tyres had the Brand mentioned in white on the side wall etc. But the web stated the only size as R16.

On landing up at the dealer found the tyres were AT not AT2 - AT2 is not available for R15 and the side walls are quite plain. The Brigestones look nicer, the unavalable yokos have good looking side walls but in profile they look much thiner than the rest and hence don't appear muscular for SUV.

So finally went for the michellins. One of my requirements was softer ride on the roads, and the michellins take care of this with the soft side wall. The ride is much more soft compared to the Bridgestone duellers.

I think these will be the last tyres on my OLD man and should take it close to 200,000 kms retirement, dont think I will hold on to the 9 year old guy beyond the 10th year so this should do just fine.

Once again thanks for all the support. The final choise was made by other factors like availablity and wish to change from the current bridgestones.

Bought the tyres at BEST Tyres on Palm Beach Road - Vashi - New Bombay.
Old 9th November 2009, 19:31   #312
Senior - BHPian

Thats good choice ACM. I did the samething considering same expectation. Today I have loaded my 4 new tyres and now stepney holds hardly used stock goodyear RTS tyre. It has cost me around 5500/- per tyre including everything. I have quotation of 3000/- for 4 old tyres (42k driven/6 years) in my village for Bolero. I will be gifting them since in turn I village special freebees when I visit them next time! and chance to go with them into Jungles!! apart from their kind respect.

I have travelled 10km after I have fit new Michelin tyres and I can see things are pretty better with it.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:28   #313
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Michelin LTX AT on Safari TCIC

Am posting snaps of the Tyres and Alloys that I have used.

Michelin LTX AT on Safari TCIC - R15

Neo Hulk - J6.5 15" alloys - 4 year old alloys.

4th set of tyes - earlier bridgestone Duellers each lasted 50K kms. Factory fittes ones were with tubes all later added ones have been tubeless.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-p1050420_320x240.jpg  

Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-p1050419_320x240.jpg  

Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-p1050418_320x240.jpg  

Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-p1050417_320x240.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2009, 20:16   #314
BHPian

New Tyres For 2.2

Hi

My truck has done almost 40k and I am planning to go for replacement of tyres. After going through all the pages, I was left overwhelmed & confused, so request the members to give me some info / feedback / first hand review

I am using stock rims (for the EX, not alloys) which i intend to retain , and don't want to upgrade the tyre size, I'd rather stick to the recommended 235/70 R 16.

So far I have narrowed down to

(1) Michelin LTX A/T 2
(2) Yoko Gelolandar A/T
(3) Yoko Geolandar H/T

Now is the A/T really useful / recommended for a 4X2? on the other hand our roads can be somewhat like "mild off roading" !!!

My chief considerations are(in priority)
(1) Good braking effect
(2) No aquaplaning
(4) Comfortable ride

IMO the stock BS Duellers have fulfilled the above criteria

Cheers
Old 2nd December 2009, 21:10   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Geolandar A/T is your best bet. After that, the Michelin LTX. stay away from the Bridgestones. They are not as good as the competition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks