Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 01:10   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Really good prices. Especially Michelin Primacy (ST I suppose) for Rs. 6850.

Which tyre is Goodyear offering at Rs. 5200? If it is Goodyear Assurance, that too is a good tyre and I personally feel that there will be less uncertainty about its life / quality. Have you also checked Apollo Acelere?

Also please check the manufacturing date on the tyre sidewall. As you might be aware, the format is WW-YY. WW is the week of the year (between 1 to 52) and YY is the year of manufacture.
Yes its the primacy 3st and assurance. The acelere is discontinued and only alnac 4g is available for 5700.
Old 19th August 2016, 11:56   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I will mostly be putting Falkens tomorrow. I need 5 of them. The dealer has been trying to push Triangle tyres to me with 2 years warranty he said. Here are some of the best rates I've got. Do not buy tyres online as most brands void warranty. Falken for sure.

Falken - 5000
Goodyear - 5200
Triangle - 4100
JK Elanzo - 5000
Michelin Primacy - 6850
Bridgestone G3 - 6400
Quote:
Really good prices. Especially Michelin Primacy (ST I suppose) for Rs. 6850.

Which tyre is Goodyear offering at Rs. 5200? If it is Goodyear Assurance, that too is a good tyre and I personally feel that there will be less uncertainty about its life / quality. Have you also checked Apollo Acelere?

Also please check the manufacturing date on the tyre sidewall. As you might be aware, the format is WW-YY. WW is the week of the year (between 1 to 52) and YY is the year of manufacture.
I have also pinned down for Goodyear Assurance for my Sx4. The best price I have got is Rs 5200 including everything nozzle and alloy balancing.

Please check with dealer about the noozle, normally they don't quote it initially.
amitpunjani is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 02:29   #258
Senior - BHPian

Got the Falken Azenis PT722's fitted yesterday and they're so much better than the JK's in terms of noise and ride quality. Got them from Pal Tyres for 4800 each.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:29   #259
BHPian

Dear Friends, My SX4-Vxi has done 35000 on ODO in the last 8 years and running on good old stock tyres and never faced a puncture or a need to use spare wheel.
During the last service, we were advised to replace the tyres as they were turning 8 years.
What is the general recommendation ? Usual daily drive is 4 KM but we're planning a road trip sometime this month.
Can some one help with the following
a) Is it recommended to have a tyre upgrade ?
b) What fits well in VXI - Steel rims
c) Since the car is again not expected to be a mile cruncher, something which is lighter on pocket but not on safety is recommended.
Old 17th January 2017, 16:09   #260
BHPian

so finally our SX4 gets new shoes. Got my old OEM Bridgestone changed to Yokohama Earth-1. Costed me 5100 per tyre and wheel alignment, balancing, nitrogen filling, valves all complimentary
There were quite a few serious contenders
a) Falken - it had unconditional warranty. Overall feedback in the group is good
b) Goodyear Triplemax

Finally stayed with my initial choice of Yokohama as the rest were out of syllabus i.e. heard and analysed them only at the shop and hence was not keen on taking impulsive decision.
Drive has phenomenally improved and the car looks cushioned and good grip.
Will post more updates as soon as I am back from a long drive
Old 15th February 2017, 15:23   #261
BHPian

My SX4 Zxi has Yokohama DB ES501 from March 2011 when I bought the car. They have served me well, a few punctures, quickly repaired, no sidewall damage whatsoever. I've just crossed 50,000 km on them, and feel it's time to change, though there is treadlife for at least another 3-5k km left, but then I'm mindful of the rubber being old, and I plan on doing a long drive this May. Prices in Goa are crazy - I've been quoted Rs 8,800/- for Yokos, 8,000 for Michelin Primacy and 7500 for Bridgestone G3. Snapdeal has a Yokohama E400 (what is this?) in my size for around 6300/-
I'm very happy with the SX4 , and have no plans to change it for another 3 years at least, so will put good tyres . Any suggestions?
Old 15th February 2017, 15:44   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ When a friend's sx4 needed a change of tyres, we chose Yokohama ASPEC A348 215/60R16 - they are OE tyres for the 2006-10 Camry.

At 8k each , they are just two good :-)

You could also evaluate Apollo Alnac4G and Apollo Accelere which should be in the 5.8-6k range per tyre.

We also looked at the Falken Azenis PT722 which were available for 4.7k each but learnt on the net that their wet weather performance isn't satisfactory.

The E400 is the Yokohama Earth1 - very good value tyres but available only in 13 , 14 and 15 inch rim sizes.

Last edited by vigsom : 15th February 2017 at 16:06. Reason: Elaborating :-)
Old 16th February 2017, 12:26   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
.... The E400 is the Yokohama Earth1 - very good value tyres but available only in 13 , 14 and 15 inch rim sizes.
Apparently the Yokohama Earth are now available in 16 inch also.
Old 24th May 2017, 22:19   #264
BHPian

Can anyone advise me if 6100 per tyre is fair price to be paid for Yoko Earth1 205/60 R16 tyres (SX4 ZXi). I would be renewing all 4 and would get free replacement labour, new valves, alignment and wheel balancing. I would need to pay for balancing weights only.
I have checked paytm mall and find the prices nearly similar to those on there considering the cashback. few suppliers sale slightly cheaper but do not supply outside Delhi and hence a bit pointless to compare those real bottom prices. But any hints on prices in and around pune?

Last edited by sindabad.sailor : 24th May 2017 at 22:20. Reason: typo error
Old 28th June 2017, 00:19   #265
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 SX4 VXI with 86K on odo. I have been thinking about replacing it for some time now but low resale and insanely high prices for new cars have been playing spoilsport. So now thinking of keeping it for another couple of years.

Now with that being decided, I thought of jazzing it up a little. Unfortunately can't get it remapped as it is an NA engine. Thinking of replacing existing steel wheels with alloys for now. So couple of questions

1) Is it a good idea to spend around 30k on such an old vehicle for this? Recouping any part of it during resale is unlikely so I will just be increasing the depreciation further.

2) Maruti ASS advised going for 16" ZXI alloys (VXI came with 15" rims). My existing tyres have run just 7k so I don't want to change them

3) If not ASS what reliable alloy brands should I look at? What rim width is advisable?

Thanks,

Sameer
Old 2nd July 2017, 08:16   #266
BHPian

Hi Sameer, my 2 cents below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 SX4 VXI with 86K on odo. I have been thinking about replacing it for some time now but low resale and insanely high prices for new cars have been playing spoilsport. So now thinking of keeping it for another couple of years.

Now with that being decided, I thought of jazzing it up a little. Unfortunately can't get it remapped as it is an NA engine. Thinking of replacing existing steel wheels with alloys for now. So couple of questions

1) Is it a good idea to spend around 30k on such an old vehicle for this? Recouping any part of it during resale is unlikely so I will just be increasing the depreciation further.

- I would not recommend spending any significant money on your SX4. 2 reasons. You will surely not get any value at resale. Also, I had an SX4 VDi before I upgraded to the XUV. Parts availability is getting tougher and tougher (Some of my friends already struggling). God forbid if you need any support on your car, you will just be kicking yourself for spending on a car where enough support is not available.

2) Maruti ASS advised going for 16" ZXI alloys (VXI came with 15" rims). My existing tyres have run just 7k so I don't want to change them
- I have driven both versions of the car. No significant advantage outside of cosmetic looks. Incase you run your tyres for 40-45k, then upgrade to 16" else let them be.

3) If not ASS what reliable alloy brands should I look at? What rim width is advisable?
- Better to go for Aura (Quality) or Neo (Style + good build)

Thanks,

Sameer
Old 18th August 2019, 15:04   #267
BHPian

Hi all, The thread has been inactive so decided to revive it. SX4 is a beautiful car in all aspects, and mine has been overwhelming me on the fuel efficiency aspect also. So after disposing wife's Wagon R, I have decided to give her the XUV 500 and put life back into my trusted SX4 2008 ZXi MT with 87k on odo. Last tyre change was at 44k with Goodyear Assurance which have run well till now and still have some life left. However due to uneven wear on three of the tyres, I an now considering a change of all four and keeping the good one as reserve.

Any good suggestions? Amazon is offering a nice deal on the following:

Kenda 4,300 ( never heard of it)
Yokohama blueearth 5,300

My running is mostly going to be on runway like roads of Gandhinagar Guj..with almost nil long distance or off road. Also, i would be retaining the car for only two years max as by then the loan would be repaid and i would replace it with a Jeep Compass (if all goes well).

Advices from the gurus please..
Old 18th August 2019, 16:07   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Hi all, The thread has been inactive so decided to revive it. SX4 is a beautiful car in all aspects, and mine has been overwhelming me on the fuel efficiency aspect also. So after disposing wife's Wagon R, I have decided to give her the XUV 500 and put life back into my trusted SX4 2008 ZXi MT with 87k on odo. Last tyre change was at 44k with Goodyear Assurance which have run well till now and still have some life left. However due to uneven wear on three of the tyres, I an now considering a change of all four and keeping the good one as reserve.
Hi.

SX4 is a lovely car and as few members on the forum said, it is hard to let this car go. I too love my SX4 Zxi MT of 2011 that has clocked 1,15,000 km so far.

On tar highways, I get 16.5 - 17 kmpl if driven at 80-90 kmph. If I drive at 90-100 kmph, I get 15.5 to 16 kmph.

Apart from the engine oil and the oil filter at every 10K and air filter at every 20K, the car asked me only for the lower arms at 85K. Every 50K, I changed the spark plugs and at 85K, I changed the fuel filter. And this week, the stereo needed replacement of an IC because the left side speakers were not producing any sound.

No rattles, she drives like new. There are some scratches and a dent. Once the monsoon is over, I plan to get the car re-painted all over.

The stock tyres were JK Vectra, they lasted for around 65K and I dragged on for another 2K. At 67K, I replaced these with Ultramile UM551 tyres. The 205/60 R16 tyres costed me Rs. 3250 per tyre without bill. This was in 2016. Today you get it at Rs. 3900 with bill.

The tyres are doing well and they have served for 48,000 km so far. They provide good grip and braking. Noise too is not much. And in this 48,000 km, the treads haven't worn more than half. Tyres on most sedans of this class have a treadwear rating of 320 or 360. JK Vectra had treadwear rating of 480 and the Ultramile has 600!

No, it does not mean a noisy tyre. Tyre noise is very much in control.

Go to Ultramile tyres' website. You can locate their office in nearest city and call the manager on the mobile number provided there. They will ask your location and route the tyres through a nearby dealer. When you replace the entire set, wheel alignment and balancing is done at no extra cost, like with all brands of tyres.

I have no interest in recommending Ultramile tyres. My recommendation comes from my personal experience.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 18th August 2019 at 16:10.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 16:35   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.

SX4 is a lovely car and as few members on the forum said, it is hard to let this car go. I too love my SX4 Zxi MT of 2011 that has clocked 1,15,000 km so far.

On tar highways, I get 16.5 - 17 kmpl if driven at 80-90 kmph. If I drive at 90-100 kmph, I get 15.5 to 16 kmph.

Apart from the engine oil and the oil filter at every 10K and air filter at every 20K, the car asked me only for the lower arms at 85K. Every 50K, I changed the spark plugs and at 85K, I changed the fuel filter. And this week, the stereo needed replacement of an IC because the left side speakers were not producing any sound.

No rattles, she drives like new. There are some scratches and a dent. Once the monsoon is over, I plan to get the car re-painted all over.

The stock tyres were JK Vectra, they lasted for around 65K and I dragged on for another 2K. At 67K, I replaced these with Ultramile UM551 tyres. The 205/60 R16 tyres costed me Rs. 3250 per tyre without bill. This was in 2016. Today you get it at Rs. 3900 with bill.

The tyres are doing well and they have served for 48,000 km so far. They provide good grip and braking. Noise too is not much. And in this 48,000 km, the treads haven't worn more than half. Tyres on most sedans of this class have a treadwear rating of 320 or 360. JK Vectra had treadwear rating of 480 and the Ultramile has 600!

No, it does not mean a noisy tyre. Tyre noise is very much in control.

Go to Ultramile tyres' website. You can locate their office in nearest city and call the manager on the mobile number provided there. They will ask your location and route the tyres through a nearby dealer. When you replace the entire set, wheel alignment and balancing is done at no extra cost, like with all brands of tyres.

I have no interest in recommending Ultramile tyres. My recommendation comes from my personal experience.
Thanks a lot for the response RB. Will definitely take a look at Ultramile seriously. I too am planning an overhaul of the car since I would be using it for a couple of years now.
Old 8th September 2019, 09:24   #270
BHPian

Finally went for the JK UX Royale @ 5200 apiece with valve change, N2, alignment and balancing complimentary thrown. Decided not to go for the costlier ones as the vehicle would now be running on plain roads of Lutyens Delhi. Tyre noise reduced in comparison to stock JK and also lesser than GY Assurances that were replaced. Handling a little better, but ride bouncy probably due to high pressure. Out of town for a day so will go and get it checked.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed