Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 08:59   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Wow, that was a long post. .
Really Oh, I thought not. It was more of a generic post with experience of varied brands. I even did not put out few points on experience of how the tyres behaved in Ladakh region and otherwise. For example, one of my Yoko C's went defunct due to bulge developed from impact in a ditch in Zanskar and I had to retire it while the B390 withstood all.

Quote:
Individual users prefer comfort,grip and silence.
And it depends upon parameters from user to user including cost, longetivity. Also we cannot yet quantize the numbers including general public, maybe with a poll on Team-BHP we will get some numbers from our members. Many on Team-BHP may prefer some specific aspects but majority of general public, including private owners, does not subscribe to upgrades and sticks to the OEM fitments.

Quote:
While OEM tyres dont target certain section of users, but the selection of OEM tyres by the manufacturer, which falls in a specific category, which in turn leads to this classification.
Quote:
Expectations from the users may vary, but that doesn't change the segment to which the tyre belongs too.
There is distinct classification by Manufacturer like General for B390, Comfort for C-Drive, Primacy LC etc. However, that classification does not categorize it into any kind of user segments of those tyres. I think this is what Joy is trying to bring out.

On the other hand it is also correct what you say that "that is certainly not the case and we wouldn't have this thread in the first place".

Nevertheless, this is a healthy discussion which should help bring out finer points and assist all.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 09:15   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
For example, one of my Yoko C's went defunct due to bulge developed from impact in a ditch in Zanskar and I had to retire it while the B390 withstood all.
Exactly the point that I am trying to get across. Know the tyre and set the expectations

It is a well known fact that C Drives have soft sidewalls. You cannot expect them to withstand the impacts during a drive to Ladakh.
B390 on the other will withstand the same, as expected.

Dean was sharing feedback on B390 based on this experience with XM2, which is not in the same segment.

Quote:
Many on Team-BHP may prefer some specific aspects but majority of general public, including private owners, does not subscribe to upgrades and sticks to the OEM fitments.
Exactly the same users at a later stage, read threads on TBHP, will upgrade to a better tyre (C drive, XM2 etc) and then compare it to B390, which is not a valid comparison.

Quote:
On the other hand it is also correct what you say that "that is certainly not the case and we wouldn't have this thread in the first place".
Nevertheless, this is a healthy discussion which should help bring out finer points and assist all.
Old 26th February 2014, 22:19   #213
BHPian

How would the Bridgestone B390 hold up against the Yokohama Earth-1 ? The reason why I ask this I simply because both would fall in the same category(right?).IMO The Earth-1 should have tougher sidewalls.
Old 26th February 2014, 23:36   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr_1445 View Post
How would the Bridgestone B390 hold up against the Yokohama Earth-1 ? The reason why I ask this I simply because both would fall in the same category(right?).IMO The Earth-1 should have tougher sidewalls.
As per Yokohama, Earth 1 is above A drive. I think Earth 1 should be slightly better than B390. I am not sure though.

I spotted a Innova with Earth 1 tyres at McDonalds on the Mum Pune - expressway last weekend.
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 23:08   #215
BHPian

Okay, Thanks. By looking at the tread pattern I guess the Earth-1 should have far better wet weather performance and lower noise.
Old 8th March 2014, 18:46   #216
BHPian

Today changed tyres for my Innova to Falken's ,fell for the 5 year warranty .
2 years road hazard warranty and 3 years manufacturing defect .
Only time will tell if was a good choice .
second set was B390 came for 3 plus years and 50k kms .
Rovergen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 20:42   #217
BHPian

hey everyone,

Have done 80k kms on my innova which was shod with michelin mxv8 from day 1(went directly to tyre showroom after getting the car).

I am pretty much happy with these tyres and dont have anything to complain about. Now i am thinking to upsize it to 215/225(if possible) just to have some extra stability at high-speeds.

my requirements in the order of priority are :

1. as less noise as possible
2. good braking
3. life and
4. should last as many kms as my first set

i am thinking of sticking with michelin as i am pretty much happy with it.The options i could see are PRIMACY LC and ENERGY XM2.

Would like to hear first-hand experience regarding the same

Regards,
harsha
Old 20th March 2014, 22:03   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Have done 80k kms on my innova which was shod with michelin mxv8 from day 1(went directly to tyre showroom after getting the car).
Kudos to your driving style to extract such mileage from MXV8.

Quote:
my requirements in the order of priority are :
1. as less noise as possible
2. good braking
3. life and
4. should last as many kms as my first set
If you want upsize to 225 widths, have a look at Yokohama C-Drives. 'buffetfan' has been using these on Innova & running a second set. He had replaced those around 48-50K Kms I guess. In his opinion, C-drives offer best grip & are silent.

I have been using XM2 for close to 10K Kms and quite satisfied with braking & road noise. I can't comment about XM2 life as my monthly usage is quite low.
Old 20th March 2014, 23:52   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Kudos to your driving style to extract such mileage from MXV8.

I have been using XM2 for close to 10K Kms and quite satisfied with braking & road noise. I can't comment about XM2 life as my monthly usage is quite low.

Thank you very much,the car was driven 80% of time on highways & got the WA,balancing done regularly.The tyres can be good for at least 5k Kms more,but decided to change as a preventive measure.

Finally changed the tyres to michelin xm2(Stock size).Decided against the upsize.
Initial impressions are positive, should see how these tyres fare in future

Regards,
harsha
Old 20th March 2014, 23:58   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Today changed tyres for my Innova to Falken's ,fell for the 5 year warranty .
2 years road hazard warranty and 3 years manufacturing defect .
Only time will tell if was a good choice .
second set was B390 came for 3 plus years and 50k kms .
Please keep me updated on the performance of Falken tyres. My alignment guy was keen on promoting Falken for my Innova but I am not sure since there is practically no feedback.
Old 5th April 2014, 13:23   #221
BHPian

Got Yokohama Earth1s for my Innova today. The ride has become much smoother. Lower road noise.
Old 21st April 2014, 17:29   #222
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody used A/T tyres on Innova? Any feedback on the same?

The options seem to be in the 205/70 R15 profile and not in the OEM size, which causes deviation of above 3% in the tyre diameter. The options seem to be available in the Yokohama Geolandar, Bridgestone Dueller, Continental CrossConnect etc.
Old 14th May 2014, 12:35   #223
BHPian

Looking for some advice from the Innova Owners. I am planning to get a new set of tyres for my Dad's Innova. The driving would mostly be on highways(Udupi & Kundapur) and yes,it does rain heavily during the monsoon starting from June - Sept.
I have very less knowledge on tyres and hence seeking advice. Key things would be good road grip for both wet and dry roads(as the summers are pretty bad in this part of the world).
Old 15th May 2014, 07:59   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Looking for some advice from the Innova Owners. I am planning to get a new set of tyres for my Dad's Innova. The driving would mostly be on highways(Udupi & Kundapur) and yes,it does rain heavily during the monsoon starting from June - Sept.
I have very less knowledge on tyres and hence seeking advice. Key things would be good road grip for both wet and dry roads(as the summers are pretty bad in this part of the world).
Bridgestone would be an allrounder and yoko, Michelin with silicon compound can be considered on a little premium side with claims of better mileage, improved suspension, and least rolling noise

And stick to the OE spec tyres
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 21:59   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
I would recommend you to go for the critically acclaimed Yokohama C.Drive. Its brilliant for highways & delivers more than satisfactory results in wet conditions. Good grip, low noise, low rolling resistance. I have a friend who has these tires on his Innova, He's more than happy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks