Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post

which model of i20 is it ?
iGen i20 Asta Petrol

Sorry forgot to mention that.
Old 27th June 2013, 13:52   #317
BHPian

Re: Michelin Primacy LC

i dont think you can use Primacy LC without changing the alloys as the primacy lc are not available for 14 inch rims. they start at 15 inch tyres
jinu_joseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 14:26   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
i dont think you can use Primacy LC without changing the alloys as the primacy lc are not available for 14 inch rims. they start at 15 inch tyres
Then what should I go for if I'm looking for a similar tyre, with low road noise, better grip and slightly higher FE?
Old 27th June 2013, 14:33   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Then what should I go for if I'm looking for a similar tyre, with low road noise, better grip and slightly higher FE?
You can look at 185/65-14 Michelin XM2 which will give you all you are looking for. They are expensive though. The Yoko A Drives, Apollo Aceleres are your other options.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 23:45   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

You can look at 185/65-14 Michelin XM2 which will give you all you are looking for. They are expensive though. The Yoko A Drives, Apollo Aceleres are your other options.
How expensive are they?

What about the Yoko DB series or similar?

PS: I get the car tomorrow so it would be ideal I get it done tomorrow
Old 28th July 2013, 16:04   #321
BHPian

Guys, bought Primacy LC in 195/60-15 for my punto and matched them with all new, matt black Sparco alloys :-). The damage to wallet was good enough but one look at the car and it pays it all. Ride quality gas improved much compared to OE fitted Apollo Accelere.
Old 29th July 2013, 07:59   #322
BHPian

Here it is, with her new pairs of shoes
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin Primacy LC-image1219608508.jpg  

nixie89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 19:25   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

A small update on the PLCs on my Civic in 195/65-15.

I visited Wayanad last week and we went through some non-existent roads. I was worried about my tyres and did drive carefully and the tyres performed admirably! I was basically off-roading. The slush got stuck to my tyres but no damage to the tyres at all.

And the roads I drove on were the worst I've ever driven on. Coming from Kerala towards the Karnataka (Coorg) border the beautiful road just ended suddenly. I went into a pothole at almost 50kmph and it was a biggie, but no damage at all. I guess I got lucky.

I realised that on the roads which hadnt seen tar ever, it is better to hold the steering lightly and allow the tyres to go where they want. My speed anyway was very slow. I had a feeling that if I try to grip the wheel tightly, I might end up damaging the tyres.

I think any tyre can survive bad roads as long as the driver knows its limitations and drives safely.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 22:32   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A small update on the PLCs on my Civic in 195/65-15.

I visited Wayanad last week and we went through some non-existent roads. I was worried about my tyres and did drive carefully and the tyres performed admirably! I was basically off-roading. The slush got stuck to my tyres but no damage to the tyres at all.

And the roads I drove on were the worst I've ever driven on. Coming from Kerala towards the Karnataka (Coorg) border the beautiful road just ended suddenly. I went into a pothole at almost 50kmph and it was a biggie, but no damage at all. I guess I got lucky.

I realised that on the roads which hadnt seen tar ever, it is better to hold the steering lightly and allow the tyres to go where they want. My speed anyway was very slow. I had a feeling that if I try to grip the wheel tightly, I might end up damaging the tyres.

I think any tyre can survive bad roads as long as the driver knows its limitations and drives safely.
I agree with the last sentence completely!

Last week the C-Drives that we had changed to from Acelere( I hope you remember ) was taken on the Sirguppa - Adoni stretch that was hell! The craters were huge and there was no road at all for nearly 40 kms! I was damn scared whether the tyres would hold up to this torture especially since it was night and we were in the middle of no where! Had many heart in the mouth moments! Thankfully , we drove with sense taking each pothole as it came and crossed the dreaded stretch without an incident. And the C Drives survived too. No sidewall damage either. I checked the inner side walls too. But i would never want to ply on that stretch again , especially with the C Drives !

Should the alignment be checked after plying through such roads?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 18th August 2013 at 22:34.
Old 18th August 2013, 23:14   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I agree with the last sentence completely!

Last week the C-Drives that we had changed to from Acelere( I hope you remember ) was taken on the Sirguppa - Adoni stretch that was hell! The craters were huge and there was no road at all for nearly 40 kms! I was damn scared whether the tyres would hold up to this torture especially since it was night and we were in the middle of no where! Had many heart in the mouth moments! Thankfully , we drove with sense taking each pothole as it came and crossed the dreaded stretch without an incident. And the C Drives survived too. No sidewall damage either. I checked the inner side walls too. But i would never want to ply on that stretch again , especially with the C Drives !

Should the alignment be checked after plying through such roads?
Ideally, alignment should be checked. But some people will say it's ok. It's a 50-50 chance. If alignment has not changed, then you may have wasted some time and money. But if it has changed and you rectify it, you will be happy.

I will be getting mine aligned either tomorrow or on Tuesday. I'm sure those non existent roads would have changed the alignment of the car.
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:45   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

It is good bye to my PLCs. Shifting to the Michelin P3ST. Details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3225661
Old 15th October 2013, 12:12   #327
Senior - BHPian

My 205/65/15 PLCs have been doing admirably well for the last 3 years over all sorts of roads. In my last weeks trip to Kerala, I had to drive on many "so called roads" and it never created any issues. I usually keep 34 psi pressure for long drives.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 13:52   #328
BHPian

One of the PLCs on my Laura hit a pothole and went kaput. Not covered by the warranty. It had clocked around 4k only. Now the problem is what to do for the spare as PLC is discontinued.

Other tyres have run around 20k but are holding good for another 20k. Should I get a cheapo types (Good Year) for spare and replace all five together when time comes? Change my tyre shows PLC being available but not sure if I should buy it given the product is discontinued.

In a dilemma as I tend to drive out station and would need the spare. Any advice?
Old 27th December 2013, 23:14   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

What size are you using? Have you contacted the company directly? Many times they may be able to help you out in certain sizes even if dealers don't have stock.
Old 28th December 2013, 09:57   #330
BHPian

Quote:
What size are you using? Have you contacted the company directly? Many times they may be able to help you out in certain sizes even if dealers don't have stock.
Thanks for your reply Nikhil. I'm using 195/65/15. Yesterday found some PLC stock at Reliance Autozone and picked up one. It was manufactured in 19/13, which I thought is ok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks