Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 23:02   #301
BHPian

Re: Michelin Primacy LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I changed only because Michelin Primacy LC is not available in 205/65-15. I was very keen on the tyre so I went back to OEM size.

Ideally, I would have installed 205/65-15 PLC on my car.
Nikhil, the Primacy LC does appear to be available in 205/65 R15 and I'm actually planning to go for these very tyres for my Civic.

In fact, Vasoo has had these tyres on his Civic for around a year now and recommends them highly. He has even posted a pic of these tyres on the 'Civic shoes upgrade' thread recently.
Old 19th January 2013, 22:24   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshdd View Post
Hi all,

I want to replace the Goodyear GT3s on my Linea. I went through the entire 20 pages of this thread and still can't seem to make up my mind.

My daily drive is around 22-24 Km (from Baner to Hinjewadi and back, for Pune ppl), which is mostly on a decent road.

1) If I go for Michelin PLC, what care do I have to take while driving due to soft sidewalls? Are PLCs good tyres for Linea's weight? I was told by Darshan tyres that as Linea is heavy and PLCs have soft sidewalls, they won't last long.
What's the current cost for PLCs?

2) If somebody has to pick one, which one would you pick?

a) Michelin PLC
b) Continental CPC2
c) Yokohoma AVS DB
d) Yokohoma A Drive
e) Bridgestone Turanzas ER300

Thanks a lot!!

Nilesh
The PLC will be fantastic. Like with any high end product you own, you need to be a little sensible about it and not abuse it.

The ER300 will be good too. A drive is not comparable as it is an entry level tyre but the AVS DB will be very good. Soft ride, silent and good grip. And substantially cheaper too.

CPC2 is good but a harder tyre. Ride quality suffers a bit. But extremely rugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranti View Post
Nikhil, the Primacy LC does appear to be available in 205/65 R15 and I'm actually planning to go for these very tyres for my Civic.

In fact, Vasoo has had these tyres on his Civic for around a year now and recommends them highly. He has even posted a pic of these tyres on the 'Civic shoes upgrade' thread recently.
Used to be available. Now it has been replaced by the XM2.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 19th January 2013 at 22:26.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 08:26   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The PLC will be fantastic. Like with any high end product you own, you need to be a little sensible about it and not abuse it.

The ER300 will be good too. A drive is not comparable as it is an entry level tyre but the AVS DB will be very good. Soft ride, silent and good grip. And substantially cheaper too.

CPC2 is good but a harder tyre. Ride quality suffers a bit. But extremely rugged.

Used to be available. Now it has been replaced by the XM2.
Thanks Nikhilb2008. I did end up buying PLC and they are fantastic.
Any specific care you would suggest to take care of them?

Thanks again
Nilesh
Old 23rd January 2013, 16:14   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshdd View Post
Thanks Nikhilb2008. I did end up buying PLC and they are fantastic.
Any specific care you would suggest to take care of them?

Thanks again
Nilesh
Nothing specific. Be careful on bad roads. That's it.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 15:19   #305
BHPian

what about Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi? which brand of tyre would one go for? OEM are 185/65 R15..
I guess one can upgrade to 195/60 R15..As i understand Michelin primarys are killer tyres.. but gurus here would be better judges.

Drive would be mostly City .. Gurgaon highways.. about 80kms per day..
So milaege + drive comfort would be my primary concern... Am not a high speed driver..so dont need super performance..

Last edited by sk456 : 5th March 2013 at 15:21.
Old 5th March 2013, 21:58   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
what about Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi? which brand of tyre would one go for? OEM are 185/65 R15..
I guess one can upgrade to 195/60 R15..As i understand Michelin primarys are killer tyres.. but gurus here would be better judges.

Drive would be mostly City .. Gurgaon highways.. about 80kms per day..
So milaege + drive comfort would be my primary concern... Am not a high speed driver..so dont need super performance..
City + Hwy combination - Primacy LC eyes closed. This rubber is very good.

Just make sure you keep the tyre pressure at recommended levels at all times AND avoid driving over very rough roads or climbing onto the kerb/footpaths..if you can manage these conditions you can't get better tyres. Seriously.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 12:33   #307
BHPian

Got the michelins .. although cant say that i can spot the difference as i had barely done the stock 15 mins.. Ride in to work was amazing..
Paid 6600 net after trade-ins for a set of 4.. @Driven..
now for the music..:P
Old 29th April 2013, 15:17   #308
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

Is Michelin PLC discontinued? I checked with a local dealer here, he said that there is no new batches coming-up as they going to be phase-out PLCs. So, he suggested to go for XM2 instead. Also, he mentioned that he can source the PLCs if needed but they would be 2011 batches only. He insisted us to go for Hankook instead of Michelin PLC.
Old 27th June 2013, 09:49   #309
BHPian

wow after reading all this i am totally confused. I need to replace the tyres on the SKODA Superb.The OEM specs are 205/55/16. I was all set to go for the primary LC or the yoko avs DB but then read about the weak sidewalls and soft rubber and now not so sure.

I drive in Mumbai and potholes are a part of life here. You cant avoid them. I am not a high speed driver. I don't think i have ever gone above 100 very often. So how bad are the sidewalls on the Primacy LC and YOKO DB

My other option is to go with Pilot Sport 3 or Yoko advan sport.

please advice
Old 27th June 2013, 10:06   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
wow after reading all this i am totally confused. I need to replace the tyres on the SKODA Superb.The OEM specs are 205/55/16. I was all set to go for the primary LC or the yoko avs DB but then read about the weak sidewalls and soft rubber and now not so sure.

I drive in Mumbai and potholes are a part of life here. You cant avoid them. I am not a high speed driver. I don't think i have ever gone above 100 very often. So how bad are the sidewalls on the Primacy LC and YOKO DB

please advice
First of all, I am no tyre expert. But I think you really cant predict the reliabilty of a tyre, with regard to puctures or sidewall issues.

I have a set of PLCs on my Punto, and I am extremely satisfied with them. They provide great comfort, next to no road noise and best of all gave me approx 0.5 to 1kmpl rise in fuel efficiency. They have run about 10000kms in the last 9 months, including about 300kms in completely rural areas with practically no roads. Other than that they have done a few hundred more kms in pretty bad NHs of my state too. And I have not had a single puncture, let alone any sidewall problems.

I also know of a Grand Vitara user who visits my locality quite often. He too has PLCs which have now run 35000km, and he has had only 2 punctures in all.

Overall, every tyre seems to have very contrasting reports of performance. It seems to me tyre issues are more a question of luck of the draw rather than any actual issues with the tyres.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 10:07   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post

please advice
Driving over pot holes wont damage these tyres per say.Both PLC and AVS DB. But the speed at which you drive over the pothole matters. If you are not the kinds who slows down for a pot hole then these tyres are not for you. Driving slowly through potholes will not harm these tyres. Remember the side walls are soft . So if anything is sharp is protruding out from the road surface then these tyres will not be able to take them in their stride. If you can take care of these then you should not have any problem.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 10:20   #312
BHPian

Thanks guys. I am not the kind of driver who drives fast over potholes until and unless i dont see it. So now to decide between yoko avs db and primacy lc. Price wise i think both the tyres cost the same (checked online on changemytyres).

What about warranty and any other differentiation between the two
Old 27th June 2013, 11:05   #313
BHPian

sorry about the second post, I think i will go with the yoko avs db because it has a higher load index of 94 which i presume would mean stronger side walls compared to the primacy lc which has a load index of 91.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:05   #314
BHPian

Quick query guys,

Which size Michelin PLC should I get for my i20 without changing the alloys? (I'm taking delivery next week)
Old 27th June 2013, 12:25   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Quick query guys,

Which size Michelin PLC should I get for my i20 without changing the alloys? (I'm taking delivery next week)
which model of i20 is it ? Further Primacy LC starts at 15 inch tyres whereas i20 is 14 inch. So you might not find a match

Last edited by jinu_joseph : 27th June 2013 at 12:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks