Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2007, 14:02   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
thanks a lot for the suggestions. I need to do this ASAP so it seems. Any suggestions on good places for Bridgestne Turanza in south bangalore ?
Shiva Bridgestone club
New BEL road

Dunno if this is south Bangalore..
Old 4th February 2007, 14:05   #122
Team-BHP Support

kpzen it's north bangalore. near ramaiah. There are 2 shiva's one is the bridgestone performance club and the other is a fake.

The original one is behind the petrol bunk opposite barista. It is run by one Mr. Grover.

The other one is on the road opposite ramaiah gate and is a small shop. he claims he is the authorised guy and will tell you that Mr. grover is out of town.
Old 4th February 2007, 14:29   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The other one is on the road opposite ramaiah gate and is a small shop. he claims he is the authorised guy and will tell you that Mr. grover is out of town.
Damn! These things still happen? Shameful behaviour.
Old 4th February 2007, 14:47   #124
Team-BHP Support

I ended up going to the fake guy who told me exactly that. The first time I went to find out the rates and see the 2 tyres i had shortlisted. I negotiated the rates and told him I would be back in a couple of days.

In between I called up bridgestone corporate office as I didn't have the Shiva number. they gave me Grover's cell number.

When I called him up he asked if i knew the shop, I told him yes i do it's opp ramaiah for which he told me thats the wrong shop and gave me correct directions. It's barely 1/2km apart.

Seems theres a fight going on between them for the name.

Rs.2900 is quite a lot for that size. I paid Rs. 3250 for 195/60-14 turanzas.

I hunted the whole of JC road was getting Rs. 3500-Rs.3600 till i found Shiva who is direct bridgestone.

I'm looking for the number will post it once i find it.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th February 2007 at 14:54.
Old 4th February 2007, 14:50   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on good places for Bridgestne Turanza in south bangalore ?
My friend who runs an accessory store on mission road sourced 13" Turanza's for me last july. INR 2,900/- per tyre. (Of course he probably got it from the wholesalers so if you hunt on JC.Road you would get a fair price.)
Old 4th February 2007, 14:56   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
My friend who runs an accessory store on mission road sourced 13" Turanza's for me last july. INR 2,900/- per tyre. (Of course he probably got it from the wholesalers so if you hunt on JC.Road you would get a fair price.)
That's quite expensive. I remember the S322's used to be around 2200-2300 when I used to buy them for my car. Recently a delhi member changed his tyres to 155/70 R13 Michelin Energy XM1's for 2300 apiece. Infact, i'll find the bill & post the prices here I sourced 4 Bridgestone B350's (165/65 R13) for my mother's car at about 2200 apiece or thereabouts.

P.S. I've been noticing but are tyres generally more expensive down South?

Last edited by iraghava : 4th February 2007 at 14:58.
Old 4th February 2007, 15:22   #127
Senior - BHPian

I have Bridgestone B350 it cost me Rs 2250 per tyre....

Turanza's cost almost the same as GIIIs...or even more ...
Old 4th February 2007, 15:29   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's quite expensive. I remember the S322's used to be around 2200-2300 when I used to buy them for my car.

P.S. I've been noticing but are tyres generally more expensive down South?
Madhu's Tyre's charged around 2.3k for the s322's when I checked in august.

Regarding down south being more expensive im not sure, i think its unscruplous resellers!! I think places like Cochin/Chennai are relatively cheaper too.
Old 9th February 2007, 11:46   #129
BHPian

kick.throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.throttle View Post
well, i am planning to fix Alloys to my car and i have following queries...

Q1). How good will it be if i go for 13" alloys with stock Tyers
Q2). Which are the best brand for 13" alloys wheels? What will be its cost {Bangalore}??????
Q3). What if i go for 14" alloys wiith tubeless tyers., Which is best alloy and tyers in this segment and how much will it cost [Bangalore]...
Q4). Where in bangalore do i get the best deal.... please let me know this...
Hi kick.throttle
did u get the alloys fitted in your car???? if yes how much did it cost and where did u get it done??? am also planning to get it done....
Old 6th March 2007, 00:29   #130
BHPian

Folks, I replaced the tyres on my Santro Xing today.

Put Bridgestone Turanza 165/65R13 on the stock steel rims.

Tyres cost me 2300/- a piece inclusive of wheel balancing. Picked them up from a bridgestone dealer in Pune.
Old 6th March 2007, 00:51   #131
Senior - BHPian

That's a good price & a good choice of tyres too! Congratulations AE, do keep us posted on your experience with them!!
Old 6th March 2007, 00:57   #132
BHPian

Thanks Iraghava, am driving across to Mumbai on the expressway this weekend, shall let you all know about my experience with the new rubber.

Plan to run in my tyres atleast to 200km before my trip after reading below on the carbibles website.

Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible

Extract from website below.
Running in your new tyres

It may sound like an odd concept, but if you buy brand new tyres and slap them on your car, then try to drive the nuts off it, you're going to come a cropper. The reason, believe it or not, is that all tyres need a running-in (or scrubbing-in) period. When tyres are made, they're typically injection-moulded in a heat press. In order to get the tyres out of the mould, it is first lined with a non-stick coating. When the tyres pop out, some of that releasing agent sticks to the tyres themselves. What you get is a nice shiny new tyre, with 'shiny' being the operative word. The releasing agent can take as much as 500 miles to scrub off. Now for the everyday Joe, this isn't really so much of an issue, but for people who are fast drivers, or think they're fast drivers, this can lead to a distressing loss-of-grip mid-corner and a visit to something large and solid. It's doubly important for motorcyclists because they have half the number of tyres and a much smaller contact patch per tyre to boot.
Old 6th March 2007, 10:58   #133
BHPian

Saw the same tyres at another car service centre where I took my car for a wash.
2225/- inclusive of wheel balancing except the lead weights, which would be charged at .50ps per gram.
Old 6th March 2007, 11:48   #134
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the running-in yes that is very true & should be followed religiously. I had made a post about this here sometime back also. And don't worry about the prices they would come out to be virtually the same & the dealers also employ many tricks to give you a low-price just to create a doubt in your mind!
Old 6th March 2007, 11:49   #135
BHPian

Quote:
thanks a lot for the suggestions. I need to do this ASAP so it seems. Any suggestions on good places for Bridgestne Turanza in south bangalore ?
You can try performance club on the BTM layout ring road, it comes on the left side when you are coming from Jayanagar to Silk-board. It is pretty close to Banerghatta road flyover.

If you are willing to come a little more east, you can try another performance club on ORR. This is located a km or two from Ecospace/Intel as you travel from Silkboard to Marthahalli.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks