Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2007, 00:27   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you have spacers on all the four wheels right ??
Yep all four wheels.

Please do as iraghava suggested, wobbling needs to be taken care of. Also do the alignment and balancing once you have installed the spacers.

Drive Safe Mate.
Old 7th January 2007, 00:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's not sue to Alignment but due to Wheel Balancing. Get all 4 wheels balanced & the wobbling will go away.
will do that sir.!

Quote:
Since your problem is restricted to the rear wheels only, fit spacers on the rears only. If you face a problem you can always fit them onto the fronts later. No need to go for them at this stage.
i will try the spacers at the back wheels for few days to see how the ride and handling is with them and if its really bad then no other option left....will have to change the alloys...sigh....

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 7th January 2007 at 00:49.
Old 7th January 2007, 00:37   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Is faithless still running the newly bought alloys without allignment n wheel balancing done
Yes and due to the fact that he took 3 hours just to choose the alloys & by the time they were done I had to rush for some important work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
can this be solved by hitting the wheel well from inside using a plastic hammer as i did for my zen....
No because it's not the wheel well touching. Due to his negative offset the fender edge itself is touching the tyres & hence the need to raise the suspension.

Last edited by iraghava : 7th January 2007 at 00:39.
Old 7th January 2007, 00:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Is faithless still running the newly bought alloys without allignment n wheel balancing done
didnt get the time due to some personal problem.!
ishan bhai remember ?

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 7th January 2007 at 01:09.
Old 7th January 2007, 02:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he took 3 hours just to choose the alloys & by the time they were done I had to rush for some important work.
eerrrrr next time we are going there to choose alloys for my city as well ? i promise that it will take just 2 hrs this time

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 7th January 2007 at 02:08.
Old 7th January 2007, 02:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
eerrrrr next time we are going there to choose alloys for my city as well ? i promise that it will take just 2 hrs this time
Bugger off .
Old 8th January 2007, 00:16   #112
BHPian

change ur rims if they r causin so much trouble
dont play with the suspension i.e getting the ride height increased
there would be way too many complications if u do that
a car is designed to run on a specific suspension geometry so altering the height would ruin it.. trust me.. you know what I do

faithless bhai u took 3 hours just to select the design of ur rims
man you are worse than my mum even she doesnt take so much time while shopping
ur girlfriend is surely very lucky, having such a patient boy friend who loves shopping so much.... lol..

Last edited by harsh87 : 8th January 2007 at 00:26.
Old 8th January 2007, 00:26   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh87 View Post
a car is designed to run on a specific suspension geometry so altering the height would ruin it.. trust me.. you know what I do
I advised him the same while buying them but he loves the looks too much so he's gonna try the spacers & if they don't work then he's gonna fit the wheels I recommended.

Quote:
ur girlfriend is surely very lucky, having such a patient boy friend who loves shopping so much.... lol..
Well reportedly he's luckier since his girlfriend also does all his clothes shopping for him too

Last edited by iraghava : 8th January 2007 at 00:33.
Old 10th January 2007, 21:38   #114
BHPian

Quote:

faithless bhai u took 3 hours just to select the design of ur rims
man you are worse than my mum even she doesnt take so much time while shopping
Perfectly said !! Dont play arround with suspension geometry and OE specs. It is dangerous to your life and others too. The guys who design cars are lot more brainy than most of us who write in this forum !!
Old 13th January 2007, 03:48   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn48001 View Post
Perfectly said !! Dont play arround with suspension geometry and OE specs. It is dangerous to your life and others too. The guys who design cars are lot more brainy than most of us who write in this forum !!
well, i am planning to fix Alloys to my car and i have following queries...

Q1). How good will it be if i go for 13" alloys with stock Tyers
Q2). Which are the best brand for 13" alloys wheels? What will be its cost {Bangalore}??????
Q3). What if i go for 14" alloys wiith tubeless tyers., Which is best alloy and tyers in this segment and how much will it cost [Bangalore]...
Q4). Where in bangalore do i get the best deal.... please let me know this...
Old 13th January 2007, 12:07   #116
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Hey kick throttle

A1> 13" Alloy rims with Stock tyres (155/70/13) it will look slightly skinny due to the increased rim width of the RIMS typically 5.5J or 6J. But you shouldn't have a problem here unless you go for extra wide rims or offset rims (the ones that come out of the wheel well).

A2> Lots of brands are there in the market NEO, AURA are indian brands and will give you warranty etc.. but they might have a limited choice for you in 13" size. Hijoin, plati, lenso, OZ, HR, are some of the other imported brands.

A3> The correct upsize for a Santro xing are 165/65/13 and/or 175/60/13, but if you wanna go for 14" or 15" size then use this tyre size calculator. But as you go lower your tyre profile your ride quality goes down too.

A4> pass

cheers

Last edited by aZa : 13th January 2007 at 12:09.
Old 3rd February 2007, 19:45   #117
BHPian

Hi,

Excuse me if this has already been answered, but I am confused between what is tubeless and also what requires RIM change etc.
My query:
Santro model -1999 done 61000Km. Tyres look ok(not reached the notch yet) but make noise when taking turns on smooth tarmac or taking a shar turn. Intend changing it rather than wait for them to create trouble.
I need
a). Good ride
b). Same handling as stock Santro LP did (don't require improvements)
c). Dont want to change the RIMS or use any alloy etc.
d). Perfectly willing to try tubeless

Please let me know what to use. I am in South Bangalore, so any brand/price/shop suggestions also welcome.

thanks
Subbarp
Old 3rd February 2007, 20:13   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Hi,
Excuse me if this has already been answered, but I am confused between what is tubeless and also what requires RIM change etc.
My query:
Santro model -1999 done 61000Km. Tyres look ok(not reached the notch yet) but make noise when taking turns on smooth tarmac or taking a shar turn. Intend changing it rather than wait for them to create trouble.
I need
a). Good ride
b). Same handling as stock Santro LP did (don't require improvements)
c). Dont want to change the RIMS or use any alloy etc.
d). Perfectly willing to try tubeless

Please let me know what to use. I am in South Bangalore, so any brand/price/shop suggestions also welcome.
thanks
Subbarp
Tubeless tyres run without conventional tubes... The air is held in the tyres itself... Generally tubeless tyres offer more riding comfort...
Tubeless tyres can be used safely on stock rims... However, it is best suited for alloys...

Santro uses 155/70 R 13 tyres, right??? Since a good ride is the first priority, Michelin Energy would be the best bet... (However, its one of the more expensive options at 2300 a tyre... But michelin is best for ride comfort) Its tubeless and offers a good ride...

I changed the tyres on my wagonR a month back... My first preference was also good ride comfort... Was adviced by the experts here (kpzen, and iraghava) to go for michelins and i am happy with the decision.

However, if you fit tubeless tyre to stock rims... Check air pressure regularly... and also make sure not to crash into big potholes (which could bend the rim)...
Old 3rd February 2007, 20:22   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Hi,
Santro model -1999 done 61000Km. Tyres look ok(not reached the notch yet) but make noise when taking turns on smooth tarmac or taking a shar turn.
Subba - Well you're quite close to trouble right now. If you're on the original set right now, then it's nearly 7-8 years old & the rubber of your tyres is more or less dead. Tyres have a life of 5 years after which it is recommended that you replace them whether they have been worn out or not. Reason being that after 5 years the rubber starts to dinsintegrate & the effectiveness of your tyres is reduced drastically, infact there is a very high probability that if you travel at high-speeds the old tyres might not be able to hold up the stress & you could have a high-speed blowout which can have dire consequences. This is also the reason your tyres squeal in turns even on smooth tarmac.

Tubeless would run absolutely fine on stock rims also (My mother's car has tubeless on stock Santro rims & has had no problems with them) I would recommed you look at the following tyres as replacement options:

Michelin Energy XM1
Bridgestone Turanza

Both have good ride & good grip also both are tubeless. Since you live in Bangalore I don't see any point in going for tube-type tyres & in any case I would always recommend tubeless for their many superior qualities.

Sizes for your car would be:
155/70 R13
165/65 R13 (This is an upsize & if you're not dissatisfied with the grip on stock then no need to go for this)

I would recommend that if you are indeed running on the original set of tyres you replace them immediately for your own safety.
Old 4th February 2007, 09:53   #120
BHPian

thanks a lot for the suggestions. I need to do this ASAP so it seems. Any suggestions on good places for Bridgestne Turanza in south bangalore ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks