Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2005, 19:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Since I had a battery operated inflater, I was filling in whenever it went low. Now I need to buy a punture kit just in case I get a longer cut/hole, which will deflate the tyre instantly.
Where does one buy such a contraption ? Are they available online ? How much do they cost ?
Old 7th March 2006, 21:30   #17
BHPian

I own maruti esteem VXI. Recently one of my tubeless tyre got punctured because of hit onto the valve by a motorcyle. When i asked a local puncture wala to fix it he said the valve is torn out and the valve would cost Rs-125> I went to a good tyre dealer in ghziabad and he replaced the valve for rs 50 only and also i purchased the tubeless puncture repair kit for Rs 200.
I would suggest you all to go to a good tyre shop in your respective city who sells tubeless tyres..you will definetely get the repair kit at a very reasonable price..
Old 8th March 2006, 10:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a battery operated inflater.
hey ... where can one get one of these?.. whats the brand called and how much would it cost??
Old 31st March 2006, 20:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Where does one buy such a contraption ? Are they available online ? How much do they cost ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
hey ... where can one get one of these?.. whats the brand called and how much would it cost??
I have one from Campbell Hausfield - check out this link.
http://www.campbellhausfeld.net/
I am not sure about the price because I got it as a gift from the company I work for. The site has various models starting from even 10$.
I guess these should be available in India at places where they sell smuggled goods etc.
Old 31st March 2006, 20:40   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I got mine from USA.
Old 31st March 2006, 22:31   #21
BHPian

a battery operated inflator costs anywhere between 350 Rs to 1000 Rs in Bangalore.

check out jc road..it is available in abundance...
Old 3rd May 2006, 16:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
When i asked a local puncture wala to fix it he said the valve is torn out and the valve would cost Rs-125> I went to a good tyre dealer in ghziabad and he replaced the valve for rs 50 only
I would suggest you all to go to a good tyre shop in your respective city
Very true! Roadside tyre repair shops have always quoted me Rs 150-200 to repair a tubeless tyre and after some bargaining agree to around Rs 100. But at Premji's, reputed tyre shop at Mahim in Bombay, they just charge Rs 60-70 to repair a tubeless tyre. And they do a thorough job--I've had cases of roadside tyre-wallah repairs coming undone....

- Ivor
Old 4th May 2006, 08:46   #23
BHPian

Can I get a tubeless repair kit in Cochin/Trivandrum. How much would it cost?
Old 4th May 2006, 09:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
you can keep driving with nails until you find time to fix it, filling air is the only problem.
Samurai, IMO 3 months is too long by any standard. When this happens to me I normally get air filled and drive around till the weekend when I get this done with more attention at my favourite punchar(read as puncture, this is how the board on his shop spells it.. LOL).

If we have the battery-operated like Samurai does, we can fix the punctures ourselves, just requires a little bit of patience and interest. The puncture kit costs about Rs.300 and is good to have even if we don't do it ourselves... especially on highways. We can instruct the puncture guy how to do it. Alternatively, carry an old tube of the same tyre size and manage till you get back to the city.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I guess both work well. But, i guess a good puncture kit would mend the punctured area in a better way as the sticky substance you insert into the tyre ends up being a part of the tyre and not some sticker.

The sticker can be used if the punctured area is bigger than what the puncture kit can handle.

Shan2nu
The recommendation from goodyear is not to use the plugs...and use the stickers...they claim stickers are more reliable
Old 6th May 2006, 00:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham
Can I get a tubeless repair kit in Cochin/Trivandrum. How much would it cost?
I'm pretty sure you can get one. I bought one today for 300 bucks in Bombay. Bought it from a very reputed tyre shop and they said they use the same kit. Here's a link to the company website: http://www.sarveshwari.com/tr_tubele...repair_kit.htm

Perhaps you can check with them if they have any stockists/retailers in Cochin/TVM.
Old 6th May 2006, 04:07   #27
Max
BHPian

they are seeling it for 399 + 69 delivery on ebay.

here is product

http://cgi.ebay.in/DO-IT-YOURSELF-TU...QQcmdZViewItem

also tyre inflator here
http://cgi.ebay.in/3-IN-1MINI-SUPER-...QQcmdZViewItem

does tyre inflator actually works fine ?
Old 7th May 2006, 02:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
does tyre inflator actually works fine ?
Can anyone recommend a good brand? I saw some manual inflators at a mall today for around 500 bucks. Seemed build solidly, but a recommendation would help.

Thanks!
Old 8th May 2006, 06:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
I'm pretty sure you can get one. I bought one today for 300 bucks in Bombay. Bought it from a very reputed tyre shop and they said they use the same kit. Here's a link to the company website: http://www.sarveshwari.com/tr_tubele...repair_kit.htm

Perhaps you can check with them if they have any stockists/retailers in Cochin/TVM.
Thanks for the info. I am currently in Manila and bought the tyre repair kit at a Blade Sport Store. It cost me only 88pesos=75INR. Was on sale. Came with two screw driver like things, a tube of rubber cement and 5 plugs. Dunno whether it is the best, but at least it wud hold till the next tyre shop...
Old 8th May 2006, 13:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham
Was on sale. Came with two screw driver like things, a tube of rubber cement and 5 plugs. Dunno whether it is the best, but at least it wud hold till the next tyre shop...
Sounds like a deal! Plus, the kit here didn't have rubber cement.

Incidentally, unless you know how to repair a tubeless tyre, I wouldn't recommend that you try this kit yourself. I am keeping the kit because often the small tyre repair chaps in Bombay don't have it--they know how to repair the tubeless tyre but can't afford this kit or don't want to keep one because most folks in India use tube type tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks