Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2014, 20:01   #361
BHPian

re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Keshav, Go with Yoko Earth1. I've had them for 10k kms now, and have absolutely no issues with them. Just one thing, do upsize to 185/65. The ride will be lot better and the increased ground clearance won't hurt as well.

Hi,

I planned to stick with the stock tyre size as Ford has got crazy restrictions on warranty especially when it comes to upsizing. I dont want to be in a situation where i am denied warranty because i upsized my tyres. I am on extended warranty till the end of 2015
Old 24th October 2014, 20:28   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Hi,

I planned to stick with the stock tyre size as Ford has got crazy restrictions on warranty especially when it comes to upsizing. I dont want to be in a situation where i am denied warranty because i upsized my tyres. I am on extended warranty till the end of 2015

I had checked with ford A** before I changed the tires for my car and they had no problems with it. Upsizing won't affect the warranty in any way. But you can check with your SA, just in case.
Old 10th November 2014, 22:30   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Hi Vineet - Just wanted to get your feedback on the tyres and the dealer you bought it from (in Hyd?). I wanted to go for MRF ZLO, but looks like that is not available in Figo's stock size (175 65 R14). Earth 1 is the next best choice and I am looking forward to your review. Thanks!
Hi Shifu!
Deepest apologies for the terrible delay in my response! Actually I held off myself from the upsize & upgrade. The stock acelere seemed like they had some more life in them. I have run almost 5K kms ever since. However, another of the Acelere burst off and I will soon be taking the plunge. I will put a detailed review once I have them. Did you already do the upsize or are you still waiting for the upgrade?

Regards,
Vineet
Old 11th November 2014, 14:41   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet@bulbule View Post
Hi Shifu!
Deepest apologies for the terrible delay in my response! Actually I held off myself from the upsize & upgrade. The stock acelere seemed like they had some more life in them. I have run almost 5K kms ever since. However, another of the Acelere burst off and I will soon be taking the plunge. I will put a detailed review once I have them. Did you already do the upsize or are you still waiting for the upgrade?

Regards,
Vineet
No worries, mate! I didn't change the tyres yet, still scouting for options. I'll probably do it in a month or so.
Old 12th November 2014, 10:34   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Took the plunge and upsized my 2012 figo to 185/65 section Yokohama Earth 1.

Overall I am happy with the tyres and hope they last a decent distance.

Cheers,
BL
Hi BL,

My figo MRF tyres have run close to 40K. There is uneven wear-out in all 4 tyres. Looks like I have to replace them. I am contemplating between Michieline XM2 and Yokohama E1. How are Yokohama Earth 1 performing.

Road conditions are moderately bad on my regular commute route. I have read some bad reviews about side walls of Yoko E1. So want to confirm about road conditions you have driven till now and how Earth 1 is performing.
Old 12th November 2014, 11:02   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Hi BL,

My figo MRF tyres have run close to 40K. There is uneven wear-out in all 4 tyres. Looks like I have to replace them. I am contemplating between Michieline XM2 and Yokohama E1. How are Yokohama Earth 1 performing.

Road conditions are moderately bad on my regular commute route. I have read some bad reviews about side walls of Yoko E1. So want to confirm about road conditions you have driven till now and how Earth 1 is performing.
Hi there,

My tires have run close to 10K and I have had one puncture ( A nail had pierced it)
I have not faced any side wall issues and maintain 32 psi all around.
My daily commute is on mixed terrain and the ride is satisfactory.
From my experience so far I say go for it.
I feel that the incremental benefit of the Michelin's is not worth the extra moolah.

Whats the price you are being quoted?

Regards,
BL
Old 19th November 2014, 13:07   #367
BHPian

going in for Yoko Earth 1 (185/65/14) tomorrow. Getting for 4100 a piece (WK 28 made)

Has anyone tried Pirelli Verde? 175/65/14 being offered for 4250/ a piece. Any inputs ?

And are Michelins far more superior for the price they're asking ? (4550 /)
Old 19th November 2014, 13:33   #368
Senior - BHPian

Is the MRF ZV2K tyre prone to frequent punctures?

They give terrific tyre mileage though, at the cost of ride quality.
Old 19th November 2014, 13:40   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

I was using them for almost half a lakh KM.

My points:

They are noisy

They are hard (Hence the 50000 KM)

I have had only very few punctures with them ( countable on one hand)

@Paleo

If you ask me, I think the E1 does the job just fine

Not worth the extra you pay for the XM2.

Last edited by batterylow : 19th November 2014 at 13:44. Reason: Adding info
batterylow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 14:25   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
My experience with ZV2Ks are not so good. Did not face any issues within city, but couple of times during longer runs, the tyres gave up on me. One was a sidewall rupture and another was a piece of metal slicing through the contact surface. Never had problems with other brands on other cars, maybe misfortune. But will not buy those again, when it's time to change.
They have good life as mine is 40K old and still has around half of the original tread depth.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 11:54   #371
BHPian

Friends, I'm planning to get the OE alloys for my 7 month old Figo TDCi. The price quoted by the dealer is INR 21k for a set of 4. Can the same be sourced from outside for less? Is the premium charged for the OE wheels justified ? Do i need to go for alignment right after the install?
Old 20th November 2014, 12:20   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Friends, I'm planning to get the OE alloys for my 7 month old Figo TDCi. The price quoted by the dealer is INR 21k for a set of 4. Can the same be sourced from outside for less? Is the premium charged for the OE wheels justified ? Do i need to go for alignment right after the install?
I dont think it's a premium. It's a competitive price for an OEM wheel. I suggest you go ahead. Aftermarket wheels are around the same price and cheaper wheels are Chinese which would be of terrible quality compared to the OEM wheels.

Alignment is not needed after a wheel change but balancing is required. However if it has been more than 5000 kms since your last wheel alignment, you may as well get it done to get the best out of your tyres
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 12:40   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Friends, I'm planning to get the OE alloys for my 7 month old Figo TDCi. The price quoted by the dealer is INR 21k for a set of 4. Can the same be sourced from outside for less? Is the premium charged for the OE wheels justified ?
Which one are you buying? The original ones that come with the Figo? I bought the 10 spoke ones which used to come with the old Fiesta for my Figo in 2011 and it costed me 23K for a set of 5. The original ones are robust and have served me well till now (40K Kms) in all sorts of terrain. Did not deform even during a full blown puncture on a loaded car (Had to travel some distance to stop safely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I dont think it's a premium. It's a competitive price for an OEM wheel. I suggest you go ahead. Aftermarket wheels are around the same price and cheaper wheels are Chinese which would be of terrible quality compared to the OEM wheels.
Fully agree with Nikhil. I think the OEMs are worth the money.

Last edited by A350XWB : 20th November 2014 at 12:42.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 13:40   #374
BHPian

Thanks for the valuable inputs, will go with the OE ones in the picture attached. WA was done at 5k on the ODO and the ODO is currently at close to 13k, guess I have been a bit negligent. The alloys in the picture is a darker shade than the one available with the dealership.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-alloys.jpg  

Old 6th December 2014, 17:46   #375
BHPian

Hello,

I have been advised to change my figo stock tyres (4 years and ~40k kms). Based on suggestions above, I'm assuming I'll go for 185 section tyres but the price being quoted by the dealer in Hyderabad is 4500+ per Tyre for a bridge stone and a little less for good year tyres... sounds a lot. Should I try outside? If Yes, can someone suggest a good place in Hyderabad?

Also, What's the life of stock battery?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks