Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 20:37   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
well thanks for the pic of the brochure, but i see differences in the car and the brochure, especially the flow of the roof-line, and the absence of the pillar over the rear wheels on the car, badging. but then the brochure features an artists rendering and not an actual photo, so there could be differences in the final product, plus speedy swears by it, so i accept it.
but brochures don't really prove much, i have a brochure lying around somewhere, for quantum cars, a sports car company based in chandigargh, who were supposed to make diesel and petrol powered sports cars in the early nineties, that never happened, did it.. but that's something for another thread.
a little skeptical still... but accept it
I dont see a pillar over the rear wheels on the car or the brochure. Its deceptive in the brochure, what you see is the frame of the rear door and the joint of 2 sliding windows.

The Quantum...now there's a name I surprisingly haven't come across on the forum! Wonder where their prototype is today.
Old 13th September 2007, 20:41   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The Quantum...now there's a name I surprisingly haven't come across on the forum! Wonder where their prototype is today.
there are one or two morris oxford travellers down south.
Old 13th September 2007, 20:50   #138
Senior - BHPian

Karlos!! That was exactly the green woody i was talking about earlier!!
Old 14th September 2007, 00:01   #139
BHPian

Quote:
I dont see a pillar over the rear wheels on the car or the brochure. Its deceptive in the brochure, what you see is the frame of the rear door and the joint of 2 sliding windows.

you are right, it is after all the tail gate.
the quantum was an English kit car company, they displayed a car at one of the early auto expos, 1994 or 96,thats where i got the brochure,cant find the damn thing now!! they intended to use ford zetec petrol and diesel engines.the display car must have gone back to the UK or might be with the promoters, which makes me wonder what happened to the original san storm prototype, the coupe, it was beautiful.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...light-day.html

Old 14th September 2007, 00:13   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the quantum was an English kit car company, they displayed a car at one of the early auto expos, 1994 or 96,thats where i got the brochure,cant find the damn thing now!! they intended to use ford zetec petrol and diesel engines.the display car must have gone back to the UK or might be with the promoters, which makes me wonder what happened to the original san storm prototype, the coupe, it was beautiful.
I remember that, will have an old Auto India lying around so might be able to find it's details. Also, IIRC V-16 had TD'ed the Quantum for a longish period, maybe he can give us more info on this.
Old 14th September 2007, 10:53   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

I never got to see one in the flesh, but did drool over it back in the day. We didnt have much else to drool over!

It was fibre bodied, and I remember one of the TV reviews, the boss banged it with a sledge hammer to show its strength. Very impressive! But thats about the only impressive aspect to the car now isnt it.
Old 14th September 2007, 11:02   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
what happened to the original san storm prototype, the coupe, it was beautiful.
It certainly was. I visited the factory in Goa a few years back (it was more like a small scale industry), and amongst various Storms/Streaks in various stages of assembly was this lone coupe that I could photograph. They did make a handfull, but never sold them.

Old 14th September 2007, 11:17   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmm......looks better than the convertible (IMHO!)...

Anyways, sorry if I sound like I'm butting in here...uh, we now need to get back to the topic of this thread ie., Classics...:P

Last edited by Stanher : 14th September 2007 at 11:19.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:00   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Hmm......looks better than the convertible (IMHO!)...

Anyways, sorry if I sound like I'm butting in here...uh, we now need to get back to the topic of this thread ie., Classics...:P
but we are on topic my friend.... these cars are future classics, and one day will be more desireable and much rarer that the indian classics we already discuss here....
Old 14th September 2007, 13:07   #146
Senior - BHPian

hey karl nice pictures of the san storm coupe. it sure does look better than the convertible. they should have introduced this one too, it would have increased their sales for sure.

awini i do agree with you the car is made in india and would be a classic or a rare classic soon with the way the company is going. imagine people queing up to buy a san storm after the company shuts down.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:33   #147
BHPian

Some images from a Landmaster brochure

Old 14th September 2007, 23:37   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but we are on topic my friend.... these cars are future classics, and one day will be more desireable and much rarer that the indian classics we already discuss here....
Hmm....I guess as speedy says, it would be a future classic......but that means isnt one as yet, right? So I guess (assuming of course this forum still exists then- & I wish it does!) it'd be maybe our kids- & later even grandkids talking about these cars as classics here! .....imagine, one of them talking about a rare find, a very original Sanstorm sitting at someone's place for ages but the owner refusing to sell it/quoting a high price, only to let it go to some scrapwala....the saga continues!
Old 15th September 2007, 02:26   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
it'd be maybe our kids- & later even grandkids talking about these cars as classics here! .....imagine, one of them talking about a rare find, a very original Sanstorm sitting at someone's place for ages but the owner refusing to sell it/quoting a high price, only to let it go to some scrapwala....the saga continues!

daddy daddy i found a san storm at the scrappers today ! can we save it, it looks like it is in restorable condition.
Old 17th September 2007, 10:39   #150
BHPian

Is this company still in existence? Any more info about what cars they sold, etc?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks