Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-27.html)

Sid,

Khan Bhai, Where were u hiding so many days?

Thats and amazing bug,and Yes i agree thats the best Stock Classic i've seen over years.agree:

Lovely dude,

Welcome to the Bug Club.

Wating for some more pics on these.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 773563)
Nope, the green car to the right is a 116, with quad lights a la American market.

If I am not mistaken, the pic is of the 2008 VCCCI rally in Mumbai. Hence, if you say that that car is a W116 next to the bug then its wrong, there was indeed a W116 300SD LHD which was grey in colour. It was the only W116 spotted on the pavement and was the third last (mine was the second last) to leave the rally at 11:15am

There was no green W116 at the event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star_is_here (Post 773504)
I saw your car at the rally very closely. How? ..the green car on the right of the pic is my W123 300D.

Again, nope, that is a 116. Observe the picture carefully. That is a 116, not a 123.

Classic Cars available for purchase-khona01iq1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by star_is_here (Post 774080)
If I am not mistaken, the pic is of the 2008 VCCCI rally in Mumbai. Hence, if you say that that car is a W116 next to the bug then its wrong, there was indeed a W116 300SD LHD which was grey in colour. It was the only W116 spotted on the pavement and was the third last (mine was the second last) to leave the rally at 11:15am

It is indeed the 2008 VCCCI rally. Unfortunately I didnt take any dedicated shots of the 116, but it was indeed green, not grey, and is clearly visible in the picture. It was parked to the left of Sid's bug, and to the left of that was this Dodge.

Classic Cars available for purchase-01.jpg

Thanks Kadam for your kind response. Blame it on pure lazineess mate, finally sat and registered myself peacefully.

Pls keep in touch.

Cheers,
Sid

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 773668)
I thought no one would notice...:D

Lovely bug Sid and great meeting you at the VCCCI Rally.
You mean your W116 300D

Stan more details about the 200D please :p

Thanx V16. Will certainly try be very regular on this super fourm.

Cheers,
Sid

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 773353)
Hi Sid, welcome to the forum. Is this your bug:

Yes buddy it is thanx for the lovely pics mate.

Cheers,
Sid

Quote:

If I am not mistaken, the pic is of the 2008 VCCCI rally in Mumbai.

You are absolutely right, the pic is from the VCCCI 2008 Rally.

Quote:

Hence, if you say that that car is a W116 next to the bug then its wrong,

Huh? No my dear star, you are a little mixed up with your facts.

Quote:

there was indeed a W116 300SD LHD which was grey in colour. It was the only W116 spotted on the pavement and was the third last (mine was the second last) to leave the rally at 11:15am

I dont recollect any grey W116. Let me give you a pictorial representation of the factual aspect which will help to distinguish the difference between a W116 and a W123, even if the picture is partial.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 774097)
Again, nope, that is a 116. Observe the picture carefully. That is a 116, not a 123.

Attachment 4112

It is indeed the 2008 VCCCI rally. Unfortunately I didnt take any dedicated shots of the 116, but it was indeed green, not grey, and is clearly visible in the picture. It was parked to the left of Sid's bug, and to the left of that was this Dodge.

Sorry still learning how to post pics without imageshack

Compare the W123 pics with the W116 pics shown below and then compare it with the pic of VCCCI 2008 Rally.
Note the following in the W123 pics;

1) The side strip running on the car from front to the rear. Note its thickness and its placement.
2) Also note the water sills below the Wipers.
3) Further note the chrome show strip surround on the front wind screen. Particularly note the right and left hand bottom corner. Simple straight lines joint together.

Now compare it to the W116 pics
Note how the running strip is placed at a much lower level than the W123.
Also note where the water sills are placed on a W116, in the centre so they cant be seen on the pic of the "Green" W116 at the rally. If it were a W123 the Sills would have shown.
Particularly note the strip coming from the door on the A pillar. This is missing on the W123s and can be seen clearly on the green car parked next to the VW, taken on the Vccci 2008 rally. Hence we can safely deduce that the particular car, which is green in colour, is a W116 and not a W123

Yes Gogi, you are absolutely right. I got mixed up indeed:Frustrati. Thanks for the clarification.

Saw a low bonnet jeep behind the NTR Ground(which is opposite to Indira park). The jeep`s paint is in poor condition (or was it rusted???) well the tires were inflated!!

I couldnt take the pics of it as I had reach home early. I will go there tomorrow and take pics and will post here if anybody is interested.

raj.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 776400)
Saw a low bonnet jeep behind the NTR Ground(which is opposite to Indira park). The jeep`s paint is in poor condition (or was it rusted???) well the tires were inflated!!

I couldnt take the pics of it as I had reach home early. I will go there tomorrow and take pics and will post here if anybody is interested.

raj.

Me ME ME Me Me Me please. I hope the engine is original and most of all i hope its for sale...at a reasonable price!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 776417)
Me ME ME Me Me Me please. I hope the engine is original and most of all i hope its for sale...at a reasonable price!!

first thing tomorrow for me "go get the pics", was thinking somebody from team-bhp should be picking it up. BTW, does any one of our members have a low bonnet jeep or will this be the first on the team-bhp(provided this one has a engine and its for sale)

BTW, i faintly remember as seeing two gear sticks in my rear view mirror. It could be 4x4 but were there any 2x4 low bonnet types. Pardon me for being naive in this area.

I think someone should come along with me, who knows what this thing would worth because i dont want the owner give exorbitant price because someone came to enquire about an old (abandoned??) jeep. deekay'ji' / stanher / hill ram??

raj.

Thanks Raj. Yes I think Vintageman owns one or more jeeps. Well. to tell you a little, All these low bonnet (also called as MBs) were LHD and were all 4X4s with a side valve petrol engine. If there is any deviation from this then that means they have been tampered with.
If you can, besides the all round body pics, please take pics of the engine, wheels, the dashboard, covering the steering and the meters and the pedals (accelerator, clutch and brake pedal). Last but not the least the front suspension, which will tell us if its a Willy's or a Ford, if there is no name on the Jeep. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 776400)

raj.

*Ahem* Gogi bhai- youve got competition!! :D

Hey was this jeep lying opp. a repair garage Raghava auto works?? Thats wehre I'd spotted the junked yellow beetle bought by my friend who used it as a parts car. 'not sure if its still there.

They do have a low-bonnet as well, pic.s of which I'd posted here earlier.

Its a horribly rusty blue one with a fabricated hoodscoop- hope its not the same one you saw?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 776430)
I think someone should come along with me, who knows what this thing would worth because i dont want the owner give exorbitant price because someone came to enquire about an old (abandoned??) jeep. deekay'ji' / stanher / hill ram??

I'd have loved to accompany you but for the timing buddy! :D

Anyways, the pics. would speak a thousand words so looking forward to seeing them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 776550)
Hey was this jeep lying opp. a repair garage Raghava auto works?? Thats wehre I'd spotted the junked yellow beetle bought by my friend who used it as a parts car. 'not sure if its still there.

What happened to my wheels for the Beetle Shyam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 776557)
I'd have loved to accompany you but for the timing buddy! :D

did i scare you with the 6:30 AM time. I think thats the time when we can pics with out anybody stopping us;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 776550)
Hey was this jeep lying opp. a repair garage Raghava auto works?? ...
Its a horribly rusty blue one with a fabricated hoodscoop- hope its not the same one you saw?

Nope it isnt in the Raghava auto works, as i told you over the phone it. Also I felt the color as yellow not blue(I may be mistaken by the color though)

But once the pics are taken and the credintials are being verified by gogi bhai and all others, yes we can visit that place again.
Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 776448)
If there is any deviation from this then that means they have been tampered with.
If you can, besides the all round body pics, please take pics of the engine, wheels, the dashboard, covering the steering and the meters and the pedals (accelerator, clutch and brake pedal). Last but not the least the front suspension, which will tell us if its a Willy's or a Ford, if there is no name on the Jeep. Thanks in advance.

phew!! that list is big!!, may be i should note down on a piece of paper.:D
raj.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 776574)
What happened to my wheels for the Beetle Shyam?

Ooops!! Sorry, 'totally forgot to follow him up bout it & he too didnt call me bout it.........will give him a call tomorow.........but hey, do tell me a price I could offer as he too is refusing to quote anything!