Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-30.html)

Suren, The jeeps got Maruti Van tail lamps and Mahindra wheels. Is the 4 wheel drive operational and is the petrol engine also available?. If yes then im interested. (here I go again:Frustrati)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 789353)
The following vehicle (need help in identification of model) would be up in an auction soon. Was informed that this is the original paint sadly though with a diesel engine retrofitted.

That is a Jeep Wagoneer

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 789373)
Yes Shyam it is coming up for sale could PM you the contact number of the person if needed and hey while your at it could you or someone else help me in identifying the following which has had an attempt at a resto and then seems to have been left to rust. Thankfully rust hasn't set in yet and maybe could find the owner and attempt a save as you would normally do at the SVCA

Suren where did you find the Wagon? I remember a rich guy in our old colony used to have one in bottle green. 'used to see it everyday to & from school (as his house was on the way to my school :))
And yes the car is a fiat 1800/2100. Again, where did you spot this?? Wow, you seem to have a much sharper eye than I do!
As for the SVCA, it'd do better (read actually come into existence!) with more members! Anyone? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 788305)
Thats what I'm racking my brains on! Should I have the car packed off at jaipur itself or since he lives in delhi should I have him drive it down to Delhi & then have it sent from there (where it'll also be feasible for you/Ishan et al to check on it & see that its sent safely)

How much would it cost for transport of a car to AP from Delhi? if it costs around 20k, there is a similar Mark 1 herald in chennai for sale which I could drive to Bangalore for the price of this herald+transportation.
I haven't called the doctor as yet but I called some movers as I may need one shortly. I asked them about a car being moved from Jaipur to Bangalore and they quoted 40k :deadhorse . Let me know how you work it out and who you contacted.

StanHer, You may also be interested in this :D
Willys Jeep - Bangalore

This ad was placed by Naveen (tfn: 9449811934) on 08 April 2008 at 19:06
1960, for sale, 4 wheel drive, petrol, side wall engine, left hand drive, in good condition, Rs 1.5 lakhs.

India Connect

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluestraveller (Post 789834)
Willys Jeep - Bangalore
1960, for sale, 4 wheel drive, petrol, side wall engine, left hand drive, in good condition, Rs 1.5 lakhs.

India Connect

Thanks but no thanks! Not at that price (thats pretty much good for an older low-bonnet) plus I'm not looking for one in original condition- would prefer a modded one, for practical purposes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluestraveller (Post 789834)
Willys Jeep - Bangalore

India Connect

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 789914)
Thanks but no thanks! Not at that price (thats pretty much good for an older low-bonnet) plus I'm not looking for one in original condition- would prefer a modded one, for practical purposes.

I think a certain V16 would be interested!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 785143)
Im sure Ishan can help you with someone going to check the car out. Right Ishan??
Please do this for Stanher Ishan. Maybe he will chace upon a Charger for sale oneday, which he might help you with....Someday..you never know:D

Shyam, Ishan can help you with the registration thing too im sure. Maybe in another state.

Of ocurse Gogi bhai, was just a little tied up for the past 2-3 days & today was a real back breaker for me. Work on this car begins tomorrow as I found a way to do this easily!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prabal (Post 787510)
Ishaan and I could team up, would be an opportunity to make Ishaan's acquaintance too.

That would be fantastic Prabal, I've figured something out & am PM'ing you my number!

Shyam - At my friend's wedding, I met another common friend who hails from Jaipur & is reaching back there today. Also, a lot of my close friends are going to be in Jaipur around the 20th for another common friend's wedding but I'm not going to be there.

Couldn't complete the last post:

So, the friend has agreed to find out about Dr. Banerjee & his car & go check it out for you & click some pictures.

If need be then maybe Me & Prabal could plan a visit too but let that be a latter stage. Let's get the [ics from my friend first.

Another jeep
"Location: Bangalore
Date Listed: 31-Mar-2008

mahindra jeep cut chesis 1973 model desal (modified)
NEW battery ,NEW giyar box (3),new remoovable soft top
enjine work done new
scropio tyre
thaveera drums
kerala reg NOC avilable to bangalore , inshurance new
i bought a new car, thats y i am selling this vehicle

mobile no 9886735478"
RS 70,000

Kijiji

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 789387)
The blue jeep looks like a '60 Willys overland wagoneer to me.
The white car looks like a Fiat 1800

oh! that looks similar to a standard herald or is that the standard herald looks like the fiat 1800???

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 790012)

So, the friend has agreed to find out about Dr. Banerjee & his car & go check it out for you & click some pictures.

If need be then maybe Me & Prabal could plan a visit too but let that be a latter stage. Let's get the [ics from my friend first.

Wow, thats great news Ishaan!
Of course even if he isnt able to click any pics. I'll be satisfied if he gets to take a good look at the car, even get a test-drive in it.
Did you give you friend Dr. Banerjee's contact no. then?

Thanks a million!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 789969)

That would be fantastic Prabal, I've figured something out & am PM'ing you my number!

Shyam - At my friend's wedding, I met another common friend who hails from Jaipur & is reaching back there today. Also, a lot of my close friends are going to be in Jaipur around the 20th for another common friend's wedding but I'm not going to be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 790012)

Its a small world! Team-Bhp makes it smaller!!! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 790159)
oh! that looks similar to a standard herald or is that the standard herald looks like the fiat 1800???

Hahaha! Yeah, right! Thats a good one! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boeuff (Post 789767)
That is a Jeep Wagoneer

No, the Wagoneer started only in 65. This is the Willys Station Wagon. The Station Wagon was replaced by the Wagoneer.

b