Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-36.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 809695)
Pavan, is this the same car which was parked in an open Garage last year with a lot of new construction going on? I went to see a Mercedes 110 there and was appalled to see the sight of the car. This was parked on the other side, covered. If i remember right, even the interiors are buggered up. Was the owner's car he said. I had a picture somewhere too but cant seem to find it right now.
This was the Merc which was shown to me. Said the car needed very little tin work. Little eh? Check this out!! Dont even want to get into how bad the interior was. It actually had no flooring.

Gogi? Is this the same one which was supposedly locked in the basement along with the LHD 115??

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 809623)
Guys,
This is a rare car, as per my info.
I am still to see one original pic on this.

Hey Pavan, U really need to go through the other threads too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 809854)
Gogi? Is this the same one which was supposedly locked in the basement along with the LHD 115??

Dont really know which one you are referring to Jay. This one I saw in the open

V-16,

U are absolutely spot on.

This is the Benz Brat is working on right now.

Its completely original Benz but taken a lot of beating due to climatic conditons over past few years.

JayD.

What place on earth is that in the pic. :Shockked:

who's storing such clean classics under wraps, yes sombody is sure so passionate about them.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 809980)
Dont really know which one you are referring to Jay. This one I saw in the open

Sorry, i thought this was the LHD 110, u told me about, half buried along with a LHD 115!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 809989)
What place on earth is that in the pic. :Shockked:
who's storing such clean classics under wraps, yes sombody is sure so passionate about them.clap:

These cars are in cochin itself Pavan. They are owned by a collector who has many other cars with him, too, but he pays scant regard to the originality aspect of most of them.Some cars are under wraps to protect Them from Dust and rats since there cars are convertibles and have no such protection as it is.:)

JayD,

Can you post more pics from Collectors's car, which car is in red & off white mudguard in backgroud.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 810064)
Sorry, i thought this was the LHD 110, u told me about, half buried along with a LHD 115!

Aaah! Ok that one, no this is not that car.
Let me tell you that those cars and the white one i previously posted, have been since scrapped. I dont know what to say??:mad:
This is the pic of another 110 which was scrapped.

JayD, that particular car is this and its a W111. When I opened the car, a cat jumped out on me.lol:

This was after the owner was told a week before that we would be coming to see it and probably pick it up, so the guy has sort of cleaned it up. Now scrapped for less than half the price I offered??:Frustrati
and no thats not me in the pic!!

The white 111 doesn't look too bad! Looks restorable, i wonder why they scrapped it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 810117)
Aaah! Ok that one, no this is not that car.
Let me tell you that those cars and the white one i previously posted, have been since scrapped.

I thought the one u previously posted was being restored by brat??

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 810205)
The white 111 doesn't look too bad! Looks restorable, i wonder why they scrapped it?

Looks can be deceiving Jay. Believe me, the car was a complete junkyard. Only this was during the rains when I clicked it and that itself should tell you how bad the car could have been, having been left in the rain to rot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 809112)
I also came across this other ad.

VINTAGE CAR

Looks like an early Standard. What say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 810618)
Looks like an early Standard. What say?

I'd say no way! The grille looks very much different and also the badge on the top of the grille seems to be an Austin one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 810698)
I'd say no way! The grille looks very much different and also the badge on the top of the grille seems to be an Austin one!

That certainly isnt an Austin or an Austin badge. Im quite convinced its a Standard. Compare it with these two 10s. There are slight differences, but Im convinced it is a Standard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 809687)
lol: Im sure its MDM, which makes it Madras state. Geez, even the front grille looks fabricated! 'mustve spent more on the mod job than what the car would be worth even in mint condition! Maybe this gent badly needs friends from the FCCCI! You listening Karl, Cyrus et al? :D

Btw guys, my mech. told me today bout another mk1 herald here he was told about, red & white '62, single owner, done only 15,000 km, with manual too!

OK ok hold on......owner's said to be asking a bomb for it!!!

well i dont know if u are taking about the same car, but i saw a white herald
in hyd and very low mileage one if i remember correctly it was below 10000kms, i could be sure it was original speedo reading .. looking at the interior and the ignition key...pm me i could give u the contact no... yup the price quoted was obscene

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbug (Post 810880)
well i dont know if u are taking about the same car, but i saw a white herald in hyd and very low mileage one if i remember correctly it was below 10000kms, i could be sure it was original speedo reading .. looking at the interior and the ignition key...pm me i could give u the contact no... yup the price quoted was obscene

Hmm...well I was told by my mech. (who was shown a photo of the car) that its a red & white one, am guessing its in the correct paint pattern of early Heralds.
And btw, sorry I made a mistake about the mileage- turns out its 1500 kms only!
Reg. the interior- do you recall the dashboard it had? Was it a black one with the big white-dial speedo or a wood-veneered one?

Yes I'll pm you for the contact no. (owner's?)