Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-28.html)

gogi bhai, sham bhai

I am extremely sorry for not being able to take pics of the car. The car is nowhere seen in the morning when i went to take the pics.:Frustrati

So does it mean that jeep is in running condition. May be, may be not. That area has few garages which happened to be closed in the morning, I could see atleast two garages with the cars stuffed inside their gates.

I will try once again some time in the day time on week days. Also I will talk to my garage guy whether he knows anything about it.

Sorry once again folks.

There is a Mk1 Herald advertised in this month's autocar India. Only 40K, looks decent too.

Car sure looks good- and has the original manual intact too! Definitely worth it, maybe a little negotiating here & there. But why is the bonnet not closing fully?

Incidentally I had gone to see a '62 Green & white mk1 for sale here around 2005. (it also was advertised in autocar India then- APU 888) The owner had first quoted 65 in the ad, then came down to 50 when I met him, later was willing to give it at 40k, I stuck at 35, listening to a few friends' advice on not going further! Car got sold to someone else at 40!
Also missed buying a one-owner '65 mk1 again with the owner's manual at 35k in the same year! At that time I felt these prices were too high for heralds!

It was very original & decent too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 783915)
Car sure looks good- and has the original manual intact too! Definitely worth it, maybe a little negotiating here & there. But why is the bonnet not closing fully?

Incidentally I had gone to see a '62 Green & white mk1 for sale here around 2005. (it also was advertised in autocar India then- APU 888) The owner had first quoted 65 in the ad, then came down to 50 when I met him, later was willing to give it at 40k, I stuck at 35, listening to a few friends' advice on not going further! Car got sold to someone else at 40!
Also missed buying a one-owner '65 mk1 again with the owner's manual at 35k in the same year! At that time I felt these prices were too high for heralds!

It was very original & decent too.

so does that mean you are gunning for this one?:D I hope so.
Thanks for trying Raj. i appreciate it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 784017)
so does that mean you are gunning for this one? I hope so.

*sigh* I wish......donno.......lessee......mayyybe......thi s is all I can say for now! :D

What bout you?? Arent you on the lookout for a herald as well?

Incidentally, are there any bhpians in Jaipur/Rajasthan? I mean in case one among us is buying this car we could just have a local bhpian check it first?

How I wish this car had come up for sale when we were in Rajasthan (Jodhpur to be precise) back in the late 80s! ;)
Of course I was but a wee lad back then, and my parents disliked Heralds, so.......u know.......*sigh* again!

If you're really keen, I'm sure one of the Delhi crowd could go & give it a good look on your behalf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 784277)
If you're really keen, I'm sure one of the Delhi crowd could go & give it a good look on your behalf.

Well.......what can I say.....I mean- geez! Its soooooo mind-boggling to know that somebody even so far away who doesnt even KNOW me knows how to tempt me, isnt it??! lol:

Could you gimme a day to revert, Ishan? please:

Thanks for the generous offer btw!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 784303)
Could you gimme a day to revert, Ishan? please:

No problem Shyam, take your time. But make sure that the car is not sold before that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 784369)
No problem Shyam, take your time. But make sure that the car is not sold before that.

OK Ishaan, would it be feasible for you to check it out tomorrow, being sunday? So how do we carry it out? Do you suggest I contact the owner first & inform him someone from my side is going to come see the car?
Could we discuss further via pm?
Note: In case anyone else from Delhi is also ok with helping me out on this, your welcome to let me know, please pm me.

'jus spoke to the owner. He says there is a little rust under the rear windscreen and the chome parts, which can be seen. 'doesnt sound too bad.
Engine's been done up thrice so far, with new liners, pistons etc. fitted the last time.
But the fitness has expired so I'd need to find out if there is going to be no problem in registering the car here after bringing it down! And he says the price is not negotiable either!

'still I told him I'll have a friend come down & take a look at it before I decide.
May be worth it for all I know.

Any suggestions welcome.

Stanher,

You seem like a little boy deciding on eating the candy you have found.

The herald as per me looks too original and neatly kept car.

Would love to know when will it reach your garage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 785126)
Stanher,

You seem like a little boy deciding on eating the candy you have found.

Haha! Arent we all like that when it comes to our fav. cars, Pavan? :)

Quote:

The herald as per me looks too original and neatly kept car.

Would love to know when will it reach your garage.
No doubt it is. But even if I excuse the price, now that the owner mentioned it the only thing that worries me is the expired fitness/regn.

'would appreciate some inputs on getting a car re-registered in another state even with an expired fitness.

Or maybe I should post this query in a thread related to that kind of topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 784255)
*sigh* I wish......donno.......lessee......mayyybe......thi s is all I can say for now! :D

What bout you?? Arent you on the lookout for a herald as well?

Incidentally, are there any bhpians in Jaipur/Rajasthan? I mean in case one among us is buying this car we could just have a local bhpian check it first?

Shyam, go get it.

Yes I was looking out for a Herald but my PM will tell you why I have refrained from this. Secondly, You found it and deserve it. You are a Herald fan which can be seen from your Avtar and Handle.:D I am not so keen to have a Herald as you are. So You go ahead and get it. It Looks like a real neat car.
Im sure Ishan can help you with someone going to check the car out. Right Ishan??
All the best with you Herald chase Stanher!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 784277)

Please do this for Stanher Ishan. Maybe he will chace upon a Charger for sale oneday, which he might help you with....Someday..you never know:D

Shyam, Ishan can help you with the registration thing too im sure. Maybe in another state.

Stanher,

Fitness is not an issue.(atleast in Bangy)

RTO's approve if the car runs well and has good electricals. and later you can get it transferred to your name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 785148)
Stanher,

Fitness is not an issue.(atleast in Bangy)

RTO's approve if the car runs well and has good electricals. and later you can get it transferred to your name.

Understood. But if say I'm buying a car from you based in B'lore and your car's fitness is over. Then the way I see it, you'd have to get the fitness renewed while the car is in B'lore and in your name itself, rather than me getting it done after bringing it here (which doesnt make sense unless/until its Hyd. registered)

The owner seemed to have no idea when I asked him the same question and told me to get it clarified from an RTO agent/related person. 'so am wondering if I should make it a point to tell him this clearly and see that he's got all papers clear as I dont want to get into any mess with the paperwork once I get the car here!

Aside, gogi & others- many many thanks to you for your kind words of encouragement! I guess I dont have to feel guilty bout things like the price etc. then!
Of course main reason why I'm interested in the thing in the first place is because its said to have an original manual with it! I still cant forget that I'd (foolishly!) missed the chance of buying a perfectly original 1-owner 65 herald in pune a few years ago that also came with an original (Standard Herald) manual- and also still in its original paint, going for 35k!

I still despise myself whenever I think of it! :Frustrati

Ishaan (& anyone else out in Delhi/RJ who could help me out!) could we exchange contact nos. via pm please:
'would make it easier for us to co-ordinate while proceeding with this?