Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-34.html)

Relief to find this one getting restored.

Nice pics Stan.

Watching this space for further progess on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 803414)
:Shockked:When did you buy this one boss?? When can i see it?

Sirji, This is at My Nagpur farm for 5 years now. Had bought it from the American Consulate.Have pics somewhere which will hunt out and forward to you, and whenever your in Nagpur please go nad see her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 803148)
What abut the 2 grey/white ones on the centre trim plate?

Those are reproductions, but close to the originals. The originals never had black centres, they had yellowish centres with markings on them. The switches themselves should be ivory, not grey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 803449)
Those are reproductions, but close to the originals. The originals never had black centres, they had yellowish centres with markings on them. The switches themselves should be ivory, not grey.

I dont think the centre are black, they've just been painted over. So has the steering wheel, which should be in an ivory-ish colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 803479)
So has the steering wheel, which should be in an ivory-ish colour.

Again, this is open to interpretation. There were many options offered, perhaps not simultaneously. There was a dark brown, ivory, and black offered at some point of time in the production cycle. This is moreso valid as these earliest cars were probably assembled with leftover parts from other markets, just like Standards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby05 (Post 803303)
Dear Friend, The quote is in $s, not rinngits or Rs.. So its $29500= Rs.12lacs!
I own a Toyota FJ seiries of 1988 LWB Troop carrier, with the same Hino Engine 3.5litre. There was no 4 litre Hino engine in these cars then imo.

:Shockked: why are they so expensive??? do they have such kind of following???

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 803485)
Again, this is open to interpretation. There were many options offered, perhaps not simultaneously. There was a dark brown, ivory, and black offered at some point of time in the production cycle. This is moreso valid as these earliest cars were probably assembled with leftover parts from other markets, just like Standards.

Well, as for the option on this car, here are these pics. I just took now, after removing the steering wheel cover- fortunately or otherwise I also discovered as to why the cover was put in the first place! 'got to be careful with those cracks!
Note the original colour even on the rear side of the wheel (sorry but these are the best shots I could get), except on one of the spokes.
Anyways, 'hope this clarifies it once & for all (haha! first time I beat you in fiat trivia, Karl! clap:lol:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 803727)
Anyways, 'hope this clarifies it once & for all (haha! first time I beat you in fiat trivia, Karl!)

Im not following something here. I havent questioned the aunthenticity of the wheel, so wheres the question of you beating me?:)

Like I said, they came in ivory, dark brown and black. This one appears to have been ivory originally, darkened with time. Agreed, the colour cannot be strictly termed ivory, its a tad too dark for that. Its just the terminology I used for lack of a better word.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 803761)
Im not following something here. I havent questioned the aunthenticity of the wheel, so wheres the question of you beating me?:)

Do read this post of yours:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/803485-post500.html

As you stated that its open to interpretation when I stated that it wasnt black but an ivory-ish colour, only painted black. :)

Quote:

This one appears to have been ivory originally, darkened with time. Agreed, the colour cannot be strictly termed ivory, its a tad too dark for that. Its just the terminology I used for lack of a better word.
Well this certainly isnt dark brown (I have one such wheel in that colour), which leaves ivory as the only option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 803776)
Do read this post of yours:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/803485-post500.html

As you stated that its open to interpretation when I stated that it wasnt black but an ivory-ish colour, only painted black. :)

Ah, now I understand what you were referring to. When I said its open to interpretation, I was replying to your post stating that the wheel should be ivory, and I assumed you implied only ivory was offered. Hence the confusion. I did not mean any point that the wheel on this car should be black. :)

Well methinks that it is indeed Ivory. Karl remember the immaculate car at the VCCCI rally. That had ivory everything and the gear lever was almost as orange/brown as tis one. I think time does this to ivory colour

Spotted two 1100D's in Dharwad-Hubli. 1960 & 1965. Both Black. 35k each. Condition is good. Supposed to have the original engines.

Let me know if any one is intrested in these -esp for parts, to check for antiquity. Can have another look on friday only.

There is a Morris Minor for sale in Bangalore (Low Light)
MORRIS MINOR BLACK
2 DOOR
2ND OWNER
1951 MODEL
RUNNING CONDITION
The owner's quote was 1.6lakhs. Sounds reasonable but you would have to see the car first. Its UP registered and he claims all papers are in order. If anbody is interested they can contact him (+91- 9448300692)
saw this ad on kijiji

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 804977)
Spotted two 1100D's in Dharwad-Hubli. 1960 & 1965. Both Black. 35k each. Condition is good. Supposed to have the original engines.

Let me know if any one is intrested in these -esp for parts, to check for antiquity. Can have another look on friday only.

Uh, the 1960 one couldnt be a 1100D....the D (delight) came out first in '65 only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 783830)
There is a Mk1 Herald advertised in this month's autocar India. Only 40K, looks decent too.

'had spoken to Ishaan yesterday- his friend in Jaipur wasnt feeling well so couldnt check out the car. He was willing to do so today, so called up the doctor to inform him, only to be told that the car has been sold & delivered to someone else (no idea where) over the weekend itself! :Frustrati

Well, there goes another one from my hands!