Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-33.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 802653)
Note: The later rims are temporarily fitted as the original ones were taken off since he wanted the tyres. He has them lying in his shop & am of course not going to leave him without collecting them! Unfortunatley in the process they lost a few of the original wheel bolts so the tyres, especially the front left one, wobbles while moving!! :Frustrati

Ive taken the one liberty of removing the film from the rear glass for now.

That was a relief to see that the rims shown in the other pics are not switched. Also isnt the gear knob now different from the original pics or is it my imagination? (I cant seem to find the older pics you posted on this thread. Can i ask you to post them again buddy?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 802977)
That was a relief to see that the rims shown in the other pics are not switched. Also isnt the gear knob now different from the original pics or is it my imagination? (I cant seem to find the older pics you posted on this thread. Can i ask you to post them again buddy?)

The gear knob is indeed the same, was there even when I first photo'd the car, although of course it isnt the original one. Here is my post with the first pics. of the car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ilable-21.html

Also a query to the fiat gurus- what is that projection with the flap, seen below the dash? It seems to be some air-vent? 'first time I'm noticing this even on a 55 fiat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 803084)
Also a query to the fiat gurus- what is that projection with the flap, seen below the dash? It seems to be some air-vent? 'first time I'm noticing this even on a 55 fiat!

That box is a crude cooling system. It sucks in air from the front grille, and circulates it inside. I think there was a flap to be switched for heating. It is illustrated in any manual.

Classic Cars available for purchase-manual02.jpg

Also I see that there is only 1 original switch in the car, and the accelerator pedal is not original too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 803094)
Also I see that there is only 1 original switch in the car

I guess that would be the one to the left of the ign key??

@stanher
Any updates on the Herald from Jaipur? Did you already get it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 803094)
That box is a crude cooling system. It sucks in air from the front grille, and circulates it inside. I think there was a flap to be switched for heating. It is illustrated in any manual.

Attachment 10087

Also I see that there is only 1 original switch in the car, and the accelerator pedal is not original too.

Thanks for the input. Uh, only 1 original switch, you mean the one on the dash left of the ignition? What abut the 2 grey/white ones on the centre trim plate? And yes the pedal sure isnt original to fiats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 802032)
If I remember right around 50k. May be less, certainly not more, I cant recall exactly. Interested?

Is it possible to get more pictures of the damaged area and also the interiors please.

just came across this ad:

LAND CRUISER 4WD HJ47 LWB HARDTOP

it says this one costs just 29,500/- was that supposed to be 2,95,000/-??

lot many classifieds of the jeeps and UVs here

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 803273)
just came across this ad:

LAND CRUISER 4WD HJ47 LWB HARDTOP

it says this one costs just 29,500/- was that supposed to be 2,95,000/-??

lot many classifieds of the jeeps and UVs here

Dear Friend, The quote is in $s, not rinngits or Rs.. So its $29500= Rs.12lacs!
I own a Toyota FJ seiries of 1988 LWB Troop carrier, with the same Hino Engine 3.5litre. There was no 4 litre Hino engine in these cars then imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brat001 (Post 802027)
hey guys theres a 1950 low light morris minor 2 door for sale, recently some restoration work was carried out, orignal engine, badges, lenses etc, is in good running condition, may require some minor work. Owner leaving the country.

Brat001 - I am interested.. What is the owner quoting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluestraveller (Post 803146)
@stanher
Any updates on the Herald from Jaipur? Did you already get it?

'am expecting to hear from Ishaan about it. We are taking the help of his frined in Jaipur to get in touch with the doc.

At that price and so well advertised Im surprised the Herald is still around. Whats the hold up? If you wait around too much longer the car will go soon, trust me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 803405)
At that price and so well advertised Im surprised the Herald is still around. Whats the hold up? If you wait around too much longer the car will go soon, trust me.

The hold up is that over the weekend my friend was supposed to go inspect the car but his phone is not getting picked up for the past 2 days. So we don't know what happened. Maybe we'll get an update today.

Also, there is the NOC issue to take care fo which we are stuck at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby05 (Post 803303)
Dear Friend, The quote is in $s, not rinngits or Rs.. So its $29500= Rs.12lacs!
I own a Toyota FJ seiries of 1988 LWB Troop carrier, with the same Hino Engine 3.5litre. There was no 4 litre Hino engine in these cars then imo.

:Shockked:When did you buy this one boss?? When can i see it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by automannj (Post 803253)
Is it possible to get more pictures of the damaged area and also the interiors please.

Here are a couple. Like I said, it has an Amby dash so the interiors have to go anyways. Otherwise the bodyline seems fairly clean, and documents are upto date (im told). If you are indeed interested, I can find out more for you. You could perhaps put in an Amby OHV petrol engine, shouldnt be difficult to find, is a direct fit, spares would be easy, and it would still be almost period correct. Or you could put in an Isuzu motor with the works like Steeroid.

Cheers
Karl