Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:32   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Dear Mr. Harit,

The picture of the car you have posted is a 1932 Plymouth PB, same as the car I am restoring! Isn't amazing that you had queried on this model a few months back! Any particlar details on this photo? We are curious to find out if there are any other Plymouth PB's in India.

Cheers

KPS
Hi KPS,
Yes indeed, I got the car identified as a Plymouth.
No idea about this photo, all one can see that it carries an old Bombay State registration. The receords are lost.
The maternal grandfather of a friend of mine had a very special car of which my friend gave me photos, a thirties Chrysler Imperial. I went to meet him and ask about the history, and he told me that they had purchased a second hand 7 seater Plymouth from a lady of the Nizams clan. So I sent this picture as his home3 has a similar wall. But the number was different.
Whenever I get old photos, I try to figure out some story, but it is very difficult. I am to sit with a gent soon and hope to find some stories. These photos are thrown out when people shift or leave this world, and then history is lost, only fragments in these pictures remain. Do ask around people in your area for old black+white photos with cars in them.

Cheers harit
Old 5th March 2010, 08:45   #227
Team-BHP Support

Got the picture below from this post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1602918-post508.html

What car is this?

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-123.jpg
Old 5th March 2010, 08:57   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Got the picture below from this post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1602918-post508.html

What car is this?

Attachment 300781
Looks more of a Dodge Charger to me. Meaty looking car.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:34   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Was driving through Gurgaon yesterday and spotted this. I'm not as good at spotting cars, would request your assistance in identifying this very pink lady.

This looks like a 1926-27 CHEVY.4cyls ,OHV,but the rims seem to be non original
Old 6th March 2010, 19:42   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

What car is this?

Attachment 300781
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
No its not. The car is a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Originally came with a 350 bhp 396 cu in V8. Here's a reference pic from the net.

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-1968camaross011908.jpg

How did I identify it? Primarily from the rectangular lights beside the headlamps, as also the slight bugle on the front grille.

In fact, the rectangular lights were a design change from 1968, the previous year model having circular running lights. See the pic below:

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-67_camaro_001.jpg

ANother interesting fact about the car in question. As far as I know, the 1968 original did not come with the yellow & black "Bumblebee" paint scheme. This is probably a modification done by the owner, after he saw the modern camaro in the movie Transformers .

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-camaro7.jpg
Old 6th March 2010, 21:54   #231

identify this

spotted this car being restored in a garage. Can anyone identify what car is this.
Attached Thumbnails
Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-dsc01200.jpg  

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-dsc01199.jpg  

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-dsc01198.jpg  

Old 6th March 2010, 23:01   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
spotted this car being restored in a garage. Can anyone identify what car is this.
Probably a Plymouth Valiant because of the judgement light on the front mudguard. Maybe even a Dodge Swinger. Definitely a Chrysler product. Why did you not ask at the garage you saw her in?

Cheers harit
Old 6th March 2010, 23:15   #233

Nobody replied suitable at the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Probably a Plymouth Valiant because of the judgement light on the front mudguard. Maybe even a Dodge Swinger. Definitely a Chrysler product. Why did you not ask at the garage you saw her in?

Cheers harit
Old 6th March 2010, 23:30   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, Meaty Looking, nope, not a Charger at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
No its not. The car is a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Originally came with a 350 bhp 396 cu in V8. Here's a reference pic from the net.

Attachment 301580

How did I identify it? Primarily from the rectangular lights beside the headlamps, as also the slight bugle on the front grille.

In fact, the rectangular lights were a design change from 1968, the previous year model having circular running lights. See the pic below:

Attachment 301581

ANother interesting fact about the car in question. As far as I know, the 1968 original did not come with the yellow & black "Bumblebee" paint scheme. This is probably a modification done by the owner, after he saw the modern camaro in the movie Transformers .

Attachment 301582
Camaros were not the only cars that came with rectangular lamps in the grille. The lamps if you notice are not like the Camaro's. Even the Car seems to not be as low slung as the Camaro. Its more higher or taller, more like a Ford, Dodge Plymouth type. To me it looks Like a Ford Maverick.

IMHO the cars not a Camaro or even a Chevy.

Quote:
Its an Australian Valiant.

Quote:
Quote:

Attachment 301580

Attachment 301581

Attachment 301582
Quote:
Old 6th March 2010, 23:58   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No its not. The car is a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS.
Are you sure its a SS,because the car in question doesn't have the SS badge on the front grille or the front spoiler below the bumper?
Old 7th March 2010, 21:15   #236
BHPian

Saw this car near locally, do not know what make , said some 30's.....car.

Work is being done since a year or so.......

Experts please
Attached Thumbnails
Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-imag0064.jpg  

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-imag0065.jpg  

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-imag0067.jpg  

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-imag0066.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 8th March 2010, 01:17   #237
Senior - BHPian

Vintage Spotting

I'm completely unaware of vintages. Just came across this particular car in a Car show in trivandrum . Can't recognize it correctly and simply don't know where to post. Thought, i would share it with you guys. Again, sorry for poor pic quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-image472.jpg  

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-image471.jpg  

Old 8th March 2010, 10:30   #238
BHPian

Looks like a Plymouth valiant AP6 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I'm completely unaware of vintages. Just came across this particular car in a Car show in trivandrum . Can't recognize it correctly and simply don't know where to post. Thought, i would share it with you guys. Again, sorry for poor pic quality.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:48   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Saw this car near locally, do not know what make , said some 30's.....car.

Work is being done since a year or so.......

Experts please
That is a thirties car allright but is much modded and it is gonna be difficult to ID it as is. Maybe a Morris 8 or a Standard

BTW there are makers plates on the side of the bulkhead which can tell what car this could be.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:07   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Plymouth Valiant 1965/66. This car shares the front with my Barracuda, and there was also a coupe floating around Mumbai.
This will probably have a slant 6 engine.

Cheers harit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks