Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 17:20   #151
BHPian

for a moment there I mistook it for an Aston Martin.. and then Chrysler (logo in 1925)..
I basically thought the steel thingie above the numberplate is the badge, but looking closely figured thats just the name plate "shade"
Old 13th July 2009, 20:02   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That is a Fiat 500C, second generation of the original Topolino, the Italian's take on the people's car.

A thread for unidentified cars exists here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...-india-10.html
Karl I think this is Mr Merchants car he was getting it repainted.
Old 19th July 2009, 11:32   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

I had come across this picture of a car supposedly on display in Jaipur. Can someone positively ID it?

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-jaipur.jpg
Old 19th July 2009, 17:31   #154
Senior - BHPian

Thats an interesting picture of role reversal. Car in cage with Peacock come to watch.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:03   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Fellow BHPian Shrivz spotted this bright orange coupe in Pune last week. Any idea what it is?
Attached Thumbnails
Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-001.jpg  

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-002.jpg  

Old 20th July 2009, 15:13   #156
Senior - BHPian

That is one of the "Pony" cars of the seventies for sure. Not sure exactly which though. Leaning towards Dodge charger though. Could be a Plymouth Cuda / baracuda or a Camaro too or even a Pontiac

Last edited by wasif : 20th July 2009 at 15:14.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:08   #157
Senior - BHPian

How about a Holden? I am sure she is a Holden. And she has appeared after a long time. There used to be a similar car on Altamount road, albeit Orange in colour. Perhaps she is the same car. If someone can check with the owner, a past owner was a film star. V16, do you remember?
Old 20th July 2009, 16:27   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
How about a Holden? I am sure she is a Holden. And she has appeared after a long time.
Quite possible to be a Holden. A somewhat similar navy blue 4 door sedan is often spotted on JM road in Pune, MHU 6380 regd. I think.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:31   #159
Senior - BHPian

Like Wasif, my first thought was "Its a Challenger/Charger". But abolished the thought after seeing the non-descript taillight section.

Second thought was "Pillarless Coupe with big rear quarter glass? Is it a Chevrolet Chevelle SS? ". Could be, or could be a Holden. In any case, wasnt the Holden Monaro a rebadged Chevelle SS?
Old 20th July 2009, 16:52   #160
Senior - BHPian

could it be a chevy nova coupe?
Old 20th July 2009, 17:01   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

A first gen. Holden Monaro does seem to add up (or something else badge engineered thereof)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...GTS_Monaro.jpg

Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-hk_gts_monaro.jpg
Old 20th July 2009, 17:02   #162
Senior - BHPian

SSssssssssssssssssssssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
could it be a chevy nova coupe?
Unlikely Amol. Note that the 2 distinguishing features of the car in the pic are that its a fastback design, and a pillarless coupe. The Nova never had a fastback and a pillarless design in the same model year.

To my knowledge, the only American muscle cars which had this design were some models of the Challenger, Charger and Chevy SS. Since the Challenger and Charger both had elaborate tail light designs, hence I settled for Chevy SS.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:41   #163
Senior - BHPian

Harit & karl are absolutley right the first thought that came to mind was australian and karl's pic confirms the same. There is something about their design philosophy that sets aussy car apart from the americans can't put my finger but any angle and there is something that gives the aussy cars away. Something to do with dimensions/proportions (ratio of fender area to grennhouse to trim & lighting)/asthetics choices I suppose.

Last edited by canonball : 20th July 2009 at 18:43.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:19   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
How about a Holden? I am sure she is a Holden. And she has appeared after a long time. There used to be a similar car on Altamount road, albeit Orange in colour. Perhaps she is the same car. If someone can check with the owner, a past owner was a film star. V16, do you remember?
Harit, its a Holden Monaro but is it the same one belonging to the actor Premnath at one time im not too sure.

That car is seen in many of his movies. Recently the car was lying at a Lamington Road garage for sale. The owners are/were a dubious duo from the Eastern suburbs. The amount of rust it had was not funny. I dont believe its sold.

The funny thing is that this car does not look as bad, in fact it looks quite in good nick.

Its impossible that the car could have been restored at such a short while as even the pillars, dash, etc were corroded. I remember the rear bumper eaten away with rust and the car not having any beadings etc. The rear windscreen surrounds were also almost not there. If somehow by some magic, the duo have managed to conjure up a car looking like that, the present owner will get a shock of his life once the car begins to self destruct

But that was an orange car, this looks like a metallic shade, so not that car. Also i think that the Premnath car had a three digit registration number, though it was also i think an MRH. IMHO, not the same car but similar, yes.

Reference of that car in another thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...tml#post849512

and yet another

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1124714

Last edited by V-16 : 20th July 2009 at 20:35. Reason: adding content
Old 20th July 2009, 20:24   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A first gen. Holden Monaro does seem to add up (or something else badge engineered thereof)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...GTS_Monaro.jpg

Attachment 161288
The rear matches with its US sibling a Chevrolet Chevelle - All from GM during its heydays
Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India-dsc03490.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks