Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 10:00   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a Morris Minor of some family friends, registered MSZ 5241 (pictured here driving from Madras to Bombay). I was told that the car was retained for a long time, though current whereabouts are unknown.

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-morris02.jpg Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-morris03.jpg

Does it look familiar to anybody here?
Old 28th December 2009, 12:14   #107
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
Great Thread.I was wondering if anyone has seen or know about a 1959 Plymouth Convertible DLI 888.It belonged to my father and he sold it in mid 80s in Jamshedpur.It was in two tone,Red and Black and then the person who bought it painted it white.Last heard of it was sold to someone in Gujarat.Would love to get it back into the family again. HELP. Regards SINGH.
The car you are referring to is a 1954 Plymouth Belvedere convertible and its now with my uncle here in Hyderabad. There's a picture of it somewhere here but can't locate it for you

Do please share more details with pictures of the history of this car. Did your Dad buy it new?
Old 30th December 2009, 10:35   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The car you are referring to is a 1954 Plymouth Belvedere convertible and its now with my uncle here in Hyderabad. There's a picture of it somewhere here but can't locate it for you

Do please share more details with pictures of the history of this car. Did your Dad buy it new?

HI DKG.

could you please post pictures of this Belvedere Convertible if possible.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:00   #109
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to Update on the Buick CAT 2737. This is a 25th anniversary Model Buick which was owned and restored by one of the senior most members of the KVCCC. The said member's father had the same car and I understand that the car was found in Tamilnadu. The car was restored over a few years with a lot of passion. The car was re-registered in 80's and was featured in the movie, "The Passage to India". Subsequently sold to Hyderabad.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:16   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
I was wondering if anyone has seen or know about a 1959 Plymouth Convertible DLI 888.It belonged to my father and he sold it in mid 80s in Jamshedpur.It was in two tone,Red and Black and then the person who bought it painted it white.Last heard of it was sold to someone in Gujarat.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Could you please post pictures of this Belvedere Convertible if possible.
Here is a 54 Plymouth cabrio on display at a Hyderabad event in Feb 2008 - regn is Delhi 888, but DHB not DLI. Is it the same car?

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-plymouth22.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2010, 22:59   #111
BHPian

One of my colleuges sent me these pictures, not sure if this is supposed to be here.
Attached Thumbnails
Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-image002.jpg  

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-image003.jpg  

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-image004.jpg  

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-image005.jpg  

Old 10th January 2010, 19:35   #112
BHPian

the pics were from an display in mumbai event organisied by carwale .com
Old 10th January 2010, 21:56   #113
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Is it the same car?
My uncle did mention a Singh in the RC book

BTW Karlos which thread did you find this picture in? I was looking for it but couldn't figure out where it was posted. We need the index now !!

Last edited by DKG : 10th January 2010 at 21:57.
Old 10th January 2010, 23:08   #114
BHPian

I think this is the same Plymouth red & white car, belongs to DKG's uncle in Toli chowki, Hyd now and it was having engine starting problem in Nov.09 and problem was fixed.

DKG, waiting for some interesting APX 110 story, Chevy update for long time.

Cheers!
Old 10th January 2010, 23:22   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW Karlos which thread did you find this picture in? I was looking for it but couldn't figure out where it was posted. We need the index now !!
It was taken by me at the HAIG rally but I had not posted the pics. on the forum. I did post this particular pic. in some thread in context of some reference though, cannot recall which thread! Karl could I guess, as he found it!
Old 11th January 2010, 10:18   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
I think this is the same Plymouth red & white car, belongs to DKG's uncle in Toli chowki, Hyd now and it was having engine starting problem in Nov.09 and problem was fixed.

DKG, waiting for some interesting APX 110 story, Chevy update for long time.

Cheers!
Hi DKG.

Please do tell more on this Dodge and APX 110. What was the original colour of APX 110 and who were the dealers in hyderabad who sold Packards in those days.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:22   #117
DKG
Senior - BHPian

The Plymouth Belvedere was bought recently by my uncle from Zaheer Vakil. Don't know the history before this.

I will get down to scanning pictures of APX 110 from albums and posting it all here someday soon The car was ivory with green leather Wasif. Dadajee Dhackjee in Bombay were the dealers for Packards in India. Will find out if they had a sub dealer here
Old 31st January 2010, 00:33   #118
BHPian

Hello ,

The registration of the 1954 Plymouth Savoy I have is BML 1681 - first owner - The Director Greaves Cotton , then Percy Homi Aga of Tardeo and onto Mr. Mohammed Yunus of Butcher Str before arriving in Lucknow .

Anybody on the forum - know anything abouth the previous owners ?

Regards
Chauhan
Old 10th February 2010, 12:39   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
The registration of the 1954 Plymouth Savoy I have is BML 1681 - first owner - The Director Greaves Cotton , then Percy Homi Aga of Tardeo and onto Mr. Mohammed Yunus of Butcher Str before arriving in Lucknow .

Anybody on the forum - know anything abouth the previous owners?
Cannot help you much, but would like to point out (in case you are not aware) that Butcher street (!) is an important street alongwith Mutton lane (!!) in Mumbai's infamous Chor Bazaar.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:20   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hello ,

Anybody on the forum - know anything abouth the previous owners ?

Regards
Chauhan
Mr. Aga used to park this car in a Parsi colony 2kms away from his residence. It was not really looked after and served as a placeholder for his school buses, while they were away on duty. I think this car served more time for the mechanics than for the owners.

Sorry if I disappointed you!

BTW, do you have any latest pics of this car?

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 10th February 2010 at 15:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks