Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 21:48   #736
BHPian

Predatorwheelz,
You may be guessing but it does seem to make sense. There is writing after the registartion also (unreadable of course) that would be unique probably on a private registration.
I do like your idea.
Many thanks
Cedric
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:58   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Few things you have mentioned are wrong.
- Both windshield rubber had garnish on it.
- Reverse lights were there.
sorry to disagree,
but I know it for sure that reverse lights came as OE only on DELUXE-BE models.
also the metal garnish was there as OE only on STANDARD and DELUXE BE models in that era.ask DHABHAR BEHRAMJI for confirmation
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:14   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
sorry to disagree,
also the metal garnish was there as OE only on STANDARD and DELUXE BE models in that era.ask DHABHAR BEHRAMJI for confirmation
Its confirmed from Mr. Behram. I am sure it was there as my Dad would have not bothered to put those missing parts. And drilling holes for fixing reverse lights for a new car, no way.! Only wheel caps he purchased separately.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2009 at 14:10. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:38   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Its confirmed from Mr. Behram. I am sure it was there as my Dad would have not bothered to put those missing parts. And drilling holes for fixing reverse lights for a new car, no way.! Only wheel caps he purchased separately.
I am sorry that I am still not convinced,because I had personally gone(had just joined college those days) to the TVS showroom in Trivandrum to see the economy version and I had specifically asked about the windshield trim,side indicators etc. reverse lights-there is a single owner padmini economy model in pristine condition in trivandrum,will check it out

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2009 at 14:14. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 5th September 2009, 17:50   #740
BHPian

I have started creating a photo essay of all the various cars and bikes that have shared my life since my twin brother and i purchased our first car, a 1930 Model "A" coupe for $35 in 1954, when we were 16 years old.

I figure about 50 have passed my way and with them some wonderful memories, which is what life is all about.

Here are a few that I thought you might enjoy.

1. 1947 Bentley
2. 1958 Porsche / 1967 Yamaha 250 flat track racer
3. 1964 BMW Isetta with my brothers Mini parked behind
4. 1930 Chrysler Model 66
5. 1950 Ford Monarch/Mercury
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-img013.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-img014.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-my-cars017.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-my-cars015.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-my-cars.jpg  

Old 5th September 2009, 18:02   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I have started creating a photo essay of all the various cars and bikes that have shared my life since my twin brother and i purchased our first car, a 1930 Model "A" coupe for $35 in 1954, when we were 16 years old.

I figure about 50 have passed my way and with them some wonderful memories, which is what life is all about.
Wow John! An ecletic collection - Isetta sharing space with a Porsche! What a stance the Porsche has, super.

Any pics of the Model A coupe?
Old 5th September 2009, 18:50   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Wow John! An ecletic collection - Isetta sharing space with a Porsche! What a stance the Porsche has, super.

Any pics of the Model A coupe?
I am not sure if one is around, I've asked my brother and sister to keep a lookout for any family photos.

The steering was so loose it took about a 180 degree turn to move the front wheels. Not very safe so we sold it to another high school student who while racing it around the school track flipped it, fortunately no one was hurt. We then purchased a 1933 Ford 5 window coupe for $90 and kept it for 2 years.

6. 1962 Fiat Deluxe that I have in Calcutta
7. 1932 Studebaker Rochne I owned 1959-1967 that now is in Florida in an ugly red paint job.
8. 1963 Norton 650 Dominator deluxe - used it during university.
9. 1968 Jaguar MK11 - 340. Sold this year after owning it for 30 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-img_4182_2.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-img_4184.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-picrockneregajmo-65-std-rdstrtu.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-norton05031402.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-3_2.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 08:58   #743
BHPian

Here's the hottest bike I have owned, a 1966 Yamaha 250cc "Ascot" flat track racer modified to turn out 48 hp. I had it repainted and put on a leather two seater. In 1966 I did the showroom for Daytona Motorcycles in exchange for the bike. Two years later they moved to a bigger facility and I did their showroom again in exchange for the first Yamaha 250 Enduro trail bike east of the rockies.

It had racing pipes on it which Snapped, Crackled and Screamed! The torque came on at about 4,500 rpm's right up to 11,000 rpm's.

It was a real rush to drive and in those days helmets were not mandatory and I thank God that I survived! I later modified the expansion chamber mufflers to mute the sound while driving in the city and then open them up when on the road. I found an antique Paris Fireman's brass & steel helmet and occasionally would drive around Montreal with it on. Young & Foolish!

The list of other bikes that I have had are;
1. 1955 BSA 125 Bantam
2. 25cc Villeirs bike hub bolt on wheel. max speed about 20 mph.
3. 1926 AJS 500 single. needed some transmission work and sold it to a museum.
4. 1966 +/- Vespa which I purchased from my professor for $50 in 1968. I occasionally drove it home from Toronto to Windsor about 225 miles. One long night drive, tired I pulled into a small town Police Station and asked to sleep in a cell. On the way back, again at night I stepped on the rear brake peddle, locked the rear wheel up, fishtailed and flipped. A motorist stopped, took me to the hospital for a few stitches and back to my dinted Vespa and 3 hours later arrived back in Toronto.
5. 1963 Honda 350cc Hawk.
6. 1964 Honda 125cc
7. 1966 Yamaha 250cc Ascot
8. 1969 Yamaha 250cc Enduro
9. 1960's Italian 50cc moped.
10.? I am looking for something interesting in Calcutta this year, perhaps an older Royal Enfield with a side car.

Will post photos when I find them.
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-my-cars019.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 10:50   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
sorry to disagree,
Ajay, the Deluxe (so called BU) Models also had the Reverse Light and the Metal Garnish on the WS & Rear Glass.

About the economy models of Padmini I am not sure if they had the metal/rubber combo garnish or not, but the Amby Eco model cetainly did not have the metal on the granishing.

Take care & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 6th September 2009, 11:20   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Ajay, the Deluxe (so called BU) Models also had the Reverse Light and the Metal Garnish on the WS & Rear Glass.

About the economy models of Padmini I am not sure if they had the metal/rubber combo garnish or not, but the Amby Eco model cetainly did not have the metal on the granishing.

Take care & Drive Safe

Ram
ram,
the DELUXE -BU(BU = bucket seats) were introduced much later in the 90's.
I am talking about the late eighties cars.I have already mentioned in an earlier post about the reverse lights in deluxe BE(BE=bench seat) models
Old 6th September 2009, 11:46   #746
Senior - BHPian

Guys I would suggest taking this discussion to the relevent Fiat thread as this is not the place to be posting about these cars
Old 6th September 2009, 22:36   #747
BHPian

Quote:
8. 1963 Norton 650 Dominator deluxe - used it during university.

This is a Wideline Dominator, manufactured from 1956 to 1960 ( The slimline Domi's started production mid 60's ). Also, the SS production ( twin carbs ) started post 60's ( the motorcycle in the picture has twin carbs ). The Featherbed Domi's started production in 1954.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th September 2009 at 10:47. Reason: Post edited: Please avoid typing the entire post in bold. Thanks.
Old 8th September 2009, 08:33   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
This is a Wideline Dominator, manufactured from 1956 to 1960 ( The slimline Domi's started production mid 60's ). Also, the SS production ( twin carbs ) started post 60's ( the motorcycle in the picture has twin carbs ). The Featherbed Domi's started production in 1954.
Quite Right!
It had to be mid 50's as I graduated in 61.
Old 8th September 2009, 09:23   #749
BHPian

Hi,

Here are a few more photos of some of my Cars that I have just scanned and hopefully I will be able to scan all my slides.

1. When we started to seriously compete in the J.C.N.A. concours in 1981, I found a twin Jaguar MK11-340 so we had "One for GO & One for "Show". Our family Car, a Chevrolet station wagon, is parked in front our home.
2. I found a great shot of my Bentley taken in 1967 with my daughter.
3/4. Good shots of the 50 Monarch which only had 26,000 miles on it and in mint condition. The colour was a dark Maroon, not the happiest colour, so I had it painted the beige offered in 1950. The V8 was such a great engine.
5. One of Fords biggest station wagons that could hold a stack 4'x8' sheets of plywood in the back. The V8 was a 350 c.i. and got about 9-10 miles to the gallon in the city.
6/7/8. Jim & I worked at a Provincial Park during the summer of 1969 as garbage collectors in the morning and life guards in the afternoon. We purchased two Model "A"s, fixed them up and sold the sedan before returning to University. My Vespa that I had purchased from my professor which I drove for three years. It was an unbelievably great summer.
9. My Volvo Station Wagon, not sure of the year.

Hope I am not unloading to much on all of you, but I am having a great time
rediscovering all my old "Flames" and some wonderful memories.

I came across some photos of My Grandfathers 1924 Model T and Dad's first car our 1950 Morris Minor Convertible that I will be posting shortly once I scan them.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars085.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars086.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars101.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars097.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars095.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars091.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars089.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars088.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars102.jpg  

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-cars083.jpg  

Old 8th September 2009, 10:59   #750
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Hope I am not unloading to much on all of you,
Are you kidding me??? You just lighted up the thread.

Keep them coming. And if possible please keep those experiences flowing like the one on the Vespa. I am hooked to this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks