Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-98.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2376330)
Congrats! How much discount did you get on the car overall given that the new one is gonna launch soon. What was the final OTR?

Many thanks! Actually, I'll need to know the basis of calculating road tax, registration and any other costs for calculating OTR - hence my original post.

Any particular reason why you opted for the current model? Asking because the new one is quite a drastic change from the current one in the looks department.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 2366646)
Freebies : None
Others : 50% off on first year comprehensive insurance
Price:
Ex-showroom: 6,13,776
Skoda shield: 17,997
Handling charges: 4,000
OTR: 6,84,737

Congratulations! I am glad that at least someone from the group (if you recollect we had discussed about a group deal back in March) has finally booked a Fabia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_U_N (Post 2377091)
Congratulations! I am glad that at least someone from the group (if you recollect we had discussed about a group deal back in March) has finally booked a Fabia.

I know SUN, I've been travelling all of last month & my schedule has been erratic. Overall, our decision changed from the Fabia to the Fiesta & then back to the Fabia. It's been crazy.
I am finally collecting the car tomorrow from the dealership, will post a full review.

I booked my Figo Titanium diesel in MPL Chennai this Wednesday. They promised the delivery by next week Friday.

The sales person told Car is available and allocated, but i am yet to get the VIN number.

I planned to pay the remaining amount by cheque on Monday. Please let me know if there any other specific check i need to do before i take the delivery.

Reviews and suggestions from Team-BHP plays a key role in taking the decision :thumbs up

Regards
Devakumar

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_devakumar (Post 2377376)
Please let me know if there any other specific check i need to do before i take the delivery.

@Devkumar,

Congratulations on the Figo:thumbs up. Its a truly a VFM car.

If you have the T-BHP check list its more than enough, the checklist is an exhaustive one and should cover most of the checks to be done before taking the delivery.

All the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_devakumar (Post 2377376)
I booked my Figo Titanium diesel in MPL Chennai this Wednesday. They promised the delivery by next week Friday.

Please let me know if there any other specific check i need to do before i take the delivery.

Congrats on the new car Dev! What color is it? And the delivery looks super quick !! Hardly 2 weeks, that too for the top end. Good job by Ford.

Only one thing you need to check before the delivery - Are you carrying the t-bhp checklist ! :) The rest should be fine!

Hi. This is my first post on the forum.

Booked a white Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI Ambiente with Giriraj Gurgaon. By sheer luck (visited dealer casually on Saturday to check on car for next day delivery), figured out the missing fogs and refused delivery. Anxiously waiting for fogs to come back before I bring it home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2376892)
Any particular reason why you opted for the current model? Asking because the new one is quite a drastic change from the current one in the looks department.

Had booked an ALTIS but -
(a) I myself delayed it due to new launch
(b) got further delayed because of the disaster in Japan
(c) needed a car before the rains (and couldn't risk waiting until after September - depreciation reasons!
(d) not sure when new Jetta would be launched
(e) others in the range were slightly going off budget
(f) didn't fancy getting a CRUZE as most of time I am chauffeured

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghosht (Post 2374172)
I have finally booked the following -
Make : Volkswagon
Model : Jetta
Variant : Comfortline

Congratulations aghosht!!

I feel the current Jetta is VW’s best offering in their current portfolio in India. Good choice.

What’s the interior trim – is it black or beige?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2378452)
What’s the interior trim – is it black or beige?

Beige unfortunately :mad:. It seems candy white jettas don't have black interiors.

Make : M&M
Model : Scorpio
Variant : Sle
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : June 4th, 2011
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : Will be ready by 8th June, but taking delivery on 11th June
Dealer & City : India Garage, Bangalore
Freebies : Idol, Mats, Perfume, Lumar Sun film Medium Dark, Scuff Plates
Others :

No other option in this price range so booked one today as I sold my previous vehicle and needed one urgently. When i reached the showroom, it got tough to decide between Scorpio and Xylo. But went with the heart after many calls to my well wishers.

Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : 1.3 Emotion Pack 76Ps
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : June 6th, 2011
Color : Exotica Red
Expected Delivery Date : by 15 days
Dealer & City : Concorde, Hyd
Freebies : Mud flaps, Floor mats, car body cover, Teflon coating, perfume, idol
Others : (Insurance + RSA + Extended Warranty) @ 5500/-

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2377436)
Congrats on the new car Dev! What color is it? And the delivery looks super quick !! Hardly 2 weeks, that too for the top end. Good job by Ford.

Only one thing you need to check before the delivery - Are you carrying the t-bhp checklist ! :) The rest should be fine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2377385)
@Devkumar,

Congratulations on the Figo:thumbs up. Its a truly a VFM car.

If you have the T-BHP check list its more than enough, the checklist is an exhaustive one and should cover most of the checks to be done before taking the delivery.

All the best.

Thanks for the pointers. The color is white.

I paid the full amount yesterday evening by cheque and the sales person told me he will get the VIN number by Wed/Thu.

However, i got two surprises from MPL. Earlier i was told i can choose any of the tyre from Apollo/MRF/Good year and i opted for Apollo Accellare. Yesterday the sales person said he can not confirm this and Titanium usually comes to Good Year etc etc...

Another issue is the change in price: I was initially told for Alloy (14,250/-) which is changed to 17K now. Got irritated and cancelled the Alloy. Will be going for Alloy later outside.

Hope MPL will not give any other surprise till delivery and i will write in detail about some other experiences with the dealer once i get the car.

I had a tough time making the decision of selling my ailing queen. She never became alright after last summer and was becoming a strain on my wallet. More than me it was my wife who wanted me to retain the queen. Having decided to sell her off, wifey wanted another sedan. None of those in the Sub 10 Lakhs category impressed me enough - each one had some shortcomings or other. Finally bit the bullet and decided to go for an SUV though wifey is still not convinced. Here are the booking details

Mfr: M&M
Model: Scorpio SLE
Color: White
Dealer: India Garage, Mount Road, Chennai.
Booking Date: 3rd June 2011
ETA for Delivery: 17 June 2011
Freebies: Mat only

Car will be financed by HDFC through my employer (Tax Savings!!). The processing takes almost 2 weeks:Frustrati.

Have started counting the days like a bride to be:D