Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:56   #13141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
Not sure if I am explaining this right, I am now unable to remove the head unit, i suspect there's some loose connection or maybe the wiring/circuit for the front speakers is grounding due to some movement of wires inside.
Get the door pads opened and check the connections going to the speakers.

May be a loose connection or the wire are cut near the joints.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:05   #13142
Senior - BHPian

Re: Front Speakers Cutting Off - Swift

are you sure only the front speakers are cutting off?

I had a similar experience when one of the rear speaker wires worked itself loose and started touching the speaker metal/other wire causing shorts.
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:24   #13143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
are you sure only the front speakers are cutting off?

I had a similar experience when one of the rear speaker wires worked itself loose and started touching the speaker metal/other wire causing shorts.
Yes, only the front speakers are cutting off, I can hear the rear speakers just fine, I'd like to check all four once again though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Get the door pads opened and check the connections going to the speakers.

May be a loose connection or the wire are cut near the joints.
I had done that a few weeks back, will do it again, have to install noise cancelling material anyways in there.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd March 2016 at 18:49. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 24th March 2016, 12:15   #13144
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

So I did a little test, now i see that only the non driver side speaker cuts off, during jerks/bumps, and the driver side speaker sounds fine, however the output on the driver side speaker is extremely low and it literally has no top end at all, wondering what may be the issue.
Old 25th March 2016, 00:04   #13145
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

if you have comps in front, maybe the crossover might have some damage?

In a case of a friend's bull audio components, we found that the entire speaker had rusted solid

so anything may go wrong !
Old 25th March 2016, 09:13   #13146
BHPian

Hello audio Gurus, Whats your take on Hertz HCP 5D 5 channel amplifier? Its EISA 2013-14 award winning amplifier. Got decent power and CEA certified. Haven't heard from Hertz amplifier before, your feedback really matters.
Old 25th March 2016, 10:04   #13147
Senior - BHPian

what are your other options?

in absolute terms, the hertz he4 is ok, but you will get cheaper stuff out there
Old 25th March 2016, 11:52   #13148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
what are your other options?

in absolute terms, the hertz he4 is ok, but you will get cheaper stuff out there
Very few are having 5 channel product / support in India. The options listed in 5 channel other than Hertz HCP 5D are(Under 35k):

Alpine MRV-V500
Hertz HCP 5D
Kenwood Excelon X700-5
Kenwood Excelon XR900-5
Kenwood KAC-7005PS
Pioneer GM-D9605
Polk Audio PA D5000.5
Rockford Fosgate R600X5 Prime

I'm not so sure about the availability / official support of all the above. Compared to international price Hertz officially have discount in India (well below 30k). Rockford is bit overpriced in India (USD 250 vs INR >30k)
Old 25th March 2016, 17:58   #13149
BHPian

Dear Gurus,

I am in search of some good ICE for my Next Gen i10 Magna iRDE2. The Hyundai Showroom here in Lucknow (JSV Hyundai) are providing me with a Single Din Sony Xplod HU and a Pair of speakers as a complimentary accessory, with the car. I haven't paid much attention to the Models being offered, because I have not been a fan of Sony Xplod.

My requirement is 4 Speaker (Components + Coaxials) + 2 Din HU Combination, with BT on a limited Budget of 15k

Brands that I have been looking out for speakers are - Infinity, JBL and Rockford
For the HU - Blaupunkt, Pioneer and the i10 OEM HU (If its available for cheap)

I'm just back after a survey of the Polytechnic Accessory Market and could find these models available, sharing prices for the same -

Components:
Infinity Reference 6500CX - 6200/pair (4833 Online)
JBL CS6C - 2800/pair

Coaxials:
Inifinity Primus PR6502IS - 3200/pair
JBL CX26SI - 1800/pair (1699 Online)
Rockford Fotsgate R1675 - 2800/pair

I want to stick to 6.5" Speakers to put them in the door panels. Please Help.

BHPians from Lucknow - your guidance on shops and install experiences would be valuable. Thanks in Advance.
Old 26th March 2016, 22:29   #13150
BHPian

Brands that I have been looking out for speakers are - Infinity, JBL and Rockford
For the HU - Blaupunkt, Pioneer and the i10 OEM HU (If its available for cheap)

Components:
Infinity Reference 6500CX - 6200/pair (4833 Online)
JBL CS6C - 2800/pair

Coaxials:
Inifinity Primus PR6502IS - 3200/pair
JBL CX26SI - 1800/pair (1699 Online)
Rockford Fotsgate R1675 - 2800/pair[/quote]

Hey, welcome to the world of ICE, let me tell you first off that the quest for the perfect sound in-car takes lot of time and experimenting. I shall make few suggestions based on my experience
Headunit: Look for a headunit with at least a pair of RCA outputs as this will ensure u dont need to upgrade the headunit if u add an Amp in future. About the brands I feel Pioneer is a very good performer if on a budget, it also has that sweet sounding 24bit DAC in its entry models. But Blaupunkt headunits are more flat sounding and will satisfy an audiophile. And please stay away from Sony, they are unreliable with exaggerated treble.
Speakers: for the front stage nothing beats the infinity reference (in the price range), if you could get a pair of infinity primus even better, lot of detail and enough sensitivity to efficiently run off a headunit power. JBLs = too bright. Focals at that price come with metal tweeters which sounded harsh to my ears.
Rear co-axials: pick the least expensive ones, these should be used only if passengers want to hear music, but for pure musical bliss while driving use the fader all the way up front.
But at the end of the day it all depends on your ears, try auditioning few speakers if possible.
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 23:11   #13151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Headunit: Look for a headunit with at least a pair of RCA outputs as this will ensure u dont need to upgrade the headunit if u add an Amp in future. About the brands I feel Pioneer is a very good performer if on a budget, it also has that sweet sounding 24bit DAC in its entry models.
Thanks for responding. I have been finding deals in the market on Pioneer. The only reason I'm trying to avoid them is too much lighting. I also stumbled over this Alpine unit - Alpine CDE W265BT

Quote:
But Blaupunkt headunits are more flat sounding and will satisfy an audiophile.
Also, I have been searching for this Blaupunkt unit - New Jersey 220BT and agree with you on Sony. I want to keep the HU simple and without much lights, as with Pioneer. I do not play too loud or Boom Boom, just casual cruise time music across genres like country, Indian Classical, Pop, Classic Rock, Jazz with clear vocals and fine details.

Quote:
Speakers: for the front stage nothing beats the infinity reference (in the price range), if you could get a pair of infinity primus even better, lot of detail and enough sensitivity to efficiently run off a headunit power.
I was able to find a deal on Primus PR6502IS - 3200/pair (Coaxials) and Kappa 6x9 Coaxials - 7000/pair, no luck on the Primus Components yet, are PR6500CS the ones I should look for?

Quote:
Rear co-axials: pick the least expensive ones, these should be used only if passengers want to hear music, but for pure musical bliss while driving use the fader all the way up front.
Well for the rear coaxials, the cheapest deal I have been offered was for JBL CX62SI - 1800/pair. I would also like to know the difference between these and JBL CX63SI

How do JBL speakers stand against Hertz, Boston or Rockford Fosgate If I were to get a close deal in these brands?

Here in Lucknow all the shops I have been to so far have only Old JBLs, Pioneers and Xplod on audition
Old 27th March 2016, 00:09   #13152
BHPian

Quote:
How do JBL speakers stand against Hertz, Boston or Rockford Fosgate If I were to get a close deal in these brands?

Here in Lucknow all the shops I have been to so far have only Old JBLs, Pioneers and Xplod on audition
Chalk and cheese question .. End of the day, trust your own ears. For some it doesn't matter as long as there is "sound". For some it's... Do I have all the frequencies.... For some it's... Is the bass deep enough... and the rest... Does it sound jhakaas....

Pick your quadrant and run with it...;}
You can only satisfy your own ears!
pawanarya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 00:28   #13153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawanarya View Post
Chalk and cheese question .. End of the day, trust your own ears. For some it doesn't matter as long as there is "sound". For some it's... Do I have all the frequencies.... For some it's... Is the bass deep enough... and the rest... Does it sound jhakaas....

Pick your quadrant and run with it...;}
You can only satisfy your own ears!
True. For me its about - Clarity and Crispness of the output for a soothing laid back experience. I have been a Harman fan always, though My heart says Infiniti and JBL but I am trying not to miss out on others. Only If I could Audition Hertz/Boston somewhere.

What are your opinions on a Front and Rear Component set up?
Old 27th March 2016, 10:00   #13154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalsyed View Post
True. For me its about - Clarity and Crispness of the output for a soothing laid back experience. I have been a Harman fan always, though My heart says Infiniti and JBL but I am trying not to miss out on others. Only If I could Audition Hertz/Boston somewhere.

What are your opinions on a Front and Rear Component set up?
To really get to hear even the minutest details in a recording or as you say clarity and crispness, an Amplifier is needed.
Anyways for your requirement the set up I can think of is as follows.
HU: Blaupunkt new jersey 220BT, really simple looking and no bright lights, plus you get 4 channel preamps. 7-8k.
Front components: Polk audio DB6501, for the silk dome tweeter (soothing and laid back :thumbup 7-8k.
I believe you mentioned a budget of 15k right? Even if it exceeds a bit with these two, you get quality products which can take in future upgrades like a 4/2 channel Amp without much drama.
Old 27th March 2016, 12:14   #13155
BHPian

Quote:
To really get to hear even the minutest details in a recording or as you say clarity and crispness, an Amplifier is needed.
Anyways for your requirement the set up I can think of is as follows.
HU: Blaupunkt new jersey 220BT, really simple looking and no bright lights, plus you get 4 channel preamps. 7-8k.
Front components: Polk audio DB6501, for the silk dome tweeter (soothing and laid back :thumbup 7-8k.
I believe you mentioned a budget of 15k right? Even if it exceeds a bit with these two, you get quality products which can take in future upgrades like a 4/2 channel Amp without much drama.
Sorry, I disagree with your point here.
Quote:
You cannot hear the minutest details, with or without an amplifier in a car stereo environment.

Glass, plastic, sheet metal ridden space is never an ideal place to get a true representation of sounds, vibrations add additional sounds, glass adds resonance, metal adds high frequencies.

Best thing to do to get a decent representation is to aim for a flatter sound and enhance it later as you like using equalisation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks