Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:48   #7291
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 689
Thanked: 487 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
This looks like a good model. The 39" model is full HD and suits my requirements too. I will surely check it out. Unable to find user reviews for this, any idea why?
Sorry for late reply. Was away from grid. Here is a review by me. As you can see three more guys bought it after reading my review http://www.hifivision.com/television...-39p2305e.html
akshay380 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:28   #7292
BHPian
 
mac187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 528
Thanked: 305 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Sorry for late reply. Was away from grid. Here is a review by me. As you can see three more guys bought it after reading my review http://www.hifivision.com/television...-39p2305e.html
Thanks for the reply. I purchased 39" one for 38.3k from Pai sales. The sleek design looks great and picture quality was good for entertainment channels. Didn't find the sports channel great though, I wasn't sure if its the problem with the TV or me, I am used to watching sports in HD. Parents are happy and I found it VFM.

P.S: I probe the Pai sales guys on the 3 year warranty, they mentioned that its 1 year replacement warranty and 2 year service warranty i.e. no additional service cost!

Last edited by mac187 : 3rd April 2014 at 16:30.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 19:08   #7293
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL 14 / KA 05
Posts: 368
Thanked: 319 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

I am scouting for a TV which could play movies from external sources of various formats, I think a 32" TV should suit my hall size, but how do I know if these TVs can play file formats like .mp4 or MKV ? I reviewed manufacturer fact sheets but I couldn't find much info there.
Can anyone suggest some models which meet this requirement? Thanks for your inputs.
Thilak29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 22:16   #7294
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 9,253 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am scouting for a TV which could play movies from external sources of various formats, I think a 32" TV should suit my hall size, but how do I know if these TVs can play file formats like .mp4 or MKV ? I reviewed manufacturer fact sheets but I couldn't find much info there.
Can anyone suggest some models which meet this requirement? Thanks for your inputs.
Short list a few models that you are looking for, Carry a Pen drive with sample videos in most of the formats that you would like to test. Visit a dealer/Show room and plug the Pen drive into its USB Post and test it there itself.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 22:20   #7295
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,385
Thanked: 1,983 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
...but how do I know if these TVs can play file formats like .mp4 or MKV ?
Umm, you could carry these files with you on a pendrive and simply plug it at the store - will tell you without any doubts which can play what. or not.

From what I had seen during my research was Samsung played the most formats, followed by LG, Panasonic and Sony. This was a good 2 years back and things could have changed now.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 11:30   #7296
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,098
Thanked: 979 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Check for the price difference between the models which can play your movies and which can not. If the difference is more than 3K then buy an external box, to which you can connect Pen Drive HDD etc.
http://www.ankaka.com/digital-media-...ut_p46919.html
http://www.iskysoft.com/convert-ts/e...-drive-tv.html
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 00:41   #7297
BHPian
 
nijelj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore-Ktym
Posts: 351
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Hmmm.. I see!
I only got this Micromax TV/Monitor idea Sunday night, planning to check it out at some electronics store this weekend.
Could it be - that the one you saw was not calibrated properly?

I was only going ahead with assumption:
LED/LCD market has evolved well & low cost options should be at least at par with 5~6/10 in picture quality.

I saw one video review online (there aren't many) - it said, the TV lacks "upscaling" - so SD content / lower than native resolution content is likely to be pixelated & have not-good reproduction.

Thanks for the help!

Ace.
I also bought this 32inch hd ready and am not very happy with it.my 7 year old Supra make LCD has better clarity and more features.The screen pixalates erratically on my non hd dth connection.impulse buying is not good!
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 13:05   #7298
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Got a PN51F5500 Samsung 51' plasma few days ago based on some really good reviews and the non availability pana ST60. So far soo good I really like the PQ on HD content however there is slight pixlation on SD content but that may be because of the small viewing distance of 9 feet. The tv is large and suited to my needs of watching sports and some ps4. The display however is suspect to image retention even if a static image is played for 10 minutes on the screen hope this goes away with time. One more important thing to keep in mind is the smart touch remote with the tv only syncs with Tata sky too bad I got videocon d2h now stuck with using the plane jane videocon remote for changing channels. The 3D is okay not to good or bad for the price. I think it appears only okay as we are used to watching 3D in theaters where there no wall in the background! may be I'll get used to it. I also got extended warranty from Samsung by paying 6k for 3 years of peace of mind.
I am on the look out for reasonably priced soundbar with or without a sub don't want the whole shebang of home theaters. Any suggestions regarding the soundbar are welcome.
Thanks to bhpians whose opinions I took from this thread while buying the Tv.
wrenchmonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 08:47   #7299
rbp
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 405
Thanked: 206 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee View Post
Got a PN51F5500 Samsung 51' plasma few days ago based on some really good reviews and the non availability pana ST60. So far soo good I really like the PQ on HD content however there is slight pixlation on SD content but that may be because of the small viewing distance of 9 feet. The tv is large and suited to my needs of watching sports and some ps4. The display however is suspect to image retention even if a static image is played for 10 minutes on the screen hope this goes away with time. One more important thing to keep in mind is the smart touch remote with the tv only syncs with Tata sky too bad I got videocon d2h now stuck with using the plane jane videocon remote for changing channels. The 3D is okay not to good or bad for the price. I think it appears only okay as we are used to watching 3D in theaters where there no wall in the background! may be I'll get used to it. I also got extended warranty from Samsung by paying 6k for 3 years of peace of mind.
I am on the look out for reasonably priced soundbar with or without a sub don't want the whole shebang of home theaters. Any suggestions regarding the soundbar are welcome.
Thanks to bhpians whose opinions I took from this thread while buying the Tv.
Samsung has its own soundbars and also checkout sonodyne soundbar http://www.hifimart.com/sonodyne-exb...e-soundbar-355

price of the TV ? Discounts ?
rbp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 18:57   #7300
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 766
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How are Phillips LED TVs? They seem to have a couple of 40 inchers which are priced much lower than other brands - any reviews on them?
I have a philips LED,though it is good, picture quality is not superior when compared to Sony or Samsung.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 23:13   #7301
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,344
Thanked: 1,047 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How are Phillips LED TVs? They seem to have a couple of 40 inchers which are priced much lower than other brands - any reviews on them?
I have one of those - picked it up after doing a visual comparison with similar spec Samsung, lg, Panasonic and sharp models. The TV do not excel others in PQ, but do offer on par PQ performance at a lesser price point, but a very big negative is the pathetic sound quality.

If you do not have plans to hook up the TV to an external speaker system, please stay away from Philips, or buy it only after hearing it in a room where a fan is running in high speed.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 16:50   #7302
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

How are the 46 inch Samsungs? I am not interested in 3D. I saw a model 5500. What are options in that range? Budget 70-80K.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 23:08   #7303
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

I was checking for a friend today and grey market 40F5500 is 42500... 32F5500 is 31500.
diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:33   #7304
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,924
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Question re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Guys,

How is Vu brand of TV's? Snap deal is having a tempting offer for these brand. I am intersted in a 50" LED TV and Vu is being offered for 50K. I am told that Vu is a reputed brand in the US, anyone opted for this from the geneal Korean/Japanese brands?

Link to snapdeal model' http://www.snapdeal.com/product/vu-5...ull/1826232760

Last edited by ghodlur : 23rd April 2014 at 08:39. Reason: Added a link
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:53   #7305
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,290
Thanked: 577 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

If I am not mistaken Vu is a mainly 'marketed in America' brand and belongs to the erstwhile zenith computers.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks