Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 14:51   #4006
Senior - BHPian

I am getting an Omnia 8 GB in UK for 230 pounds... is this a good deal guys?
Old 18th November 2008, 15:31   #4007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys,

Need a small help. Do you have any idea if Nokia 5800 is available in BLR ? And whats it approximate cost ?

Your kind help is highly appreciated
That is a question which a lot many people have.

So the answers are:
No its not available in Bangalore or for that matter nowhere, The phone is yet to be launched .

The price is being speculated to be in the price range of 20k (plus or minus a couple grands)

i would be amongst the first to get it (given that it doesnt end the iphone way and goes beyond 25 k at launch) and will post a review ASAP.

Cheers mate
Old 18th November 2008, 15:44   #4008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys,

Need a small help. Do you have any idea if Nokia 5800 is available in BLR ? And whats it approximate cost ?

Your kind help is highly appreciated
It shall be near 20k . Anything more than that will face serious competition from N95 8GB / N85. Expect launch in Dec 2008
Old 18th November 2008, 16:09   #4009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
That is a question which a lot many people have.

So the answers are:
No its not available in Bangalore or for that matter nowhere, The phone is yet to be launched .

The price is being speculated to be in the price range of 20k (plus or minus a couple grands)

i would be amongst the first to get it (given that it doesnt end the iphone way and goes beyond 25 k at launch) and will post a review ASAP.

Cheers mate
Thanks for the update buddy, Keeping my fingers crosseed. Hope its within the budget
Old 18th November 2008, 16:29   #4010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
£230 comes to approx Rs17,000. Brand new price in India is approx Rs35K. That's a great price.
Question, is it brand new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay sarin View Post
It shall be near 20k . Anything more than that will face serious competition from N95 8GB / N85. Expect launch in Dec 2008
Initial expectations were around RS20K, but recent price release in Spain has shown the price has shot up:
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic now listed at ?429 for Spain, up from ?279 - Engadget
Eur430 is approx Rs27k. Lets see if the price comes down after worldwide release?

Last edited by Raja : 18th November 2008 at 16:35. Reason: Adding for another post.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:45   #4011
BHPian

Quote:

Are you getting the unlocked version for 230 pounds? If so this is an awesome deal. I doubt the reliability if you are planning to bring it here and unlock .
Old 18th November 2008, 16:47   #4012
Senior - BHPian

@all... Yes the omnia I am getting is unlocked.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:49   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay sarin View Post
Does SE X1 @ 45k make sense ? looks grossly overpriced. Do we see a sharp price cut soon ?
Ridiculously overpriced! With the top end SE phones, always wait for atleast 3-6 months after their launch. Since the P990i all their top end phones have been full of problems at the launch times. In 3-6 months time, they come up with the required firmware upgrades which make the phone somewhat hassle free to use. At present there have been quite a few X1 users who have complained about poor signal strength and other small niggling issues.

My suggestion: Wait and watch - Price will def go down.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:00   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
I just checked with a friend in UK and he says the unlocked version is not less than 399 pounds . Please can you let me know where are you buying this from.

Thanks
Old 18th November 2008, 17:10   #4015
BHPian

Bougth a Sony Ericsson T-700 mobile. It is sleek,smart and simple to use phone. Only negative is that it has only 512MB memory card as standard which can be extended upto 8gb.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-images.jpg  

Old 18th November 2008, 17:10   #4016
BHPian

Quote:
+1 for me too. Lemme know if this a one piece price or applicable to more pieces.
A friend of mine was in UK sometime back. Will have to check if he's still there so I can get this phone for myself.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:10   #4017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I just checked with a friend in UK and he says the unlocked version is not less than 399 pounds . Please can you let me know where are you buying this from.

Thanks
I am not buying it for a retailer but from one of my friend. Its not even a week old and was taken out for unlocking.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:11   #4018
BHPian

HTC Touch PRO launched in India @ RS35K
HTC Viva (Touch replacement) @ RS16.5K
Tech2.com India > HTC Touch Pro, Viva, Launched in India > News on Mobile Phones Mobile

I am tempted by the Touch Pro, especially as the SE X1 is RS10K more. SE really got their pricing wrong on that one in India.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:27   #4019
BHPian

Guys I have got the T-Mobile G1 [HTC Dream] which runs Google Android OS from US, its great phone, the only problem is battery life, it just able to mange 12 hours , requires charging in morning before you leave and again in night.
Apart from this, there are lots of application slowly trickling on google market, but still lack lots of basic application.

-Pramod
PS: It costed 450 USD with unlock.
Old 18th November 2008, 19:42   #4020
Senior - BHPian

i bought a samsung i780 few weeks back. great phone functions. there were issues due to the non standard screen size. acrobat reader was not working properly but managed to get it fine by realvga. the only issue i am facing now is gps software was not there in phone so i bought satguide and installed it . even though the display is a issue but the gps just will not pickup signals. i wrote to samsung and they didnt bother to respond.
It seems gps receiver of samsung is bad. so they are pushing the handsets india without the garmin software(samsung mobile navigator) (garmin maps are availablefor india).
so all buying samsung i780 , omnia and others please get a demo of gps and guaranty for replacement or refund if gps dosent work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks