Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 10:39   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

If they move the M&M logo to the top of the bonnet and keep the slit in the middle also of the same height as other ones, like in the old Bolero and the Jeep, it will look even better. Please excuse my amateur attempt in Paint. Also elongated the slits a bit at the top.

It looks proportionate if one is to add better wheels. Eager to see this in person.
Nice, Deepak! That with blackened grill area, all round cladding at the bottom and fender - the copy of Jeep Grand Cherokee would be complete!

Btw, the teaser looks more like a Telugu film trailer than a SUV ad!!
mallumowgli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 11:12   #557
BANNED

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thank God Mahindra ditched the Walrus grille for a Jeep inspired one. A throw back to the handsome Bolero of the old. Much much better from the design team.

If they move the M&M logo to the top of the bonnet and keep the slit in the middle also of the same height as other ones, like in the old Bolero and the Jeep, it will look even better. Please excuse my amateur attempt in Paint. Also elongated the slits a bit at the top.

Attachment 1410388

It looks proportionate if one is to add better wheels. Eager to see this in person.
Is that an Innova right behind TUV, in your pic? If so, then TUV is a pretty big car. Even accounting for size difference appearance of nearer-farther objects, TUV looks considerably bigger than Innova. Or is there some camera optical aberration?
Old 4th September 2015, 11:16   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Zingwheels article below and corresponding TBHP thread does offer food for thought for MM to complement its sales in sub-4m SUV battle where the tough tank seems to lack ammo and Tivoli could be used right by its marketing to compete aggressively

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158029

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...o-india/22948/
I don't see this happening as it has every reason to cannibalise some of M&M's own products because of better styling, overall package in terms of features and safety and more importantly the price. Also, Anand Mahindra and Pawan Goenka has made it clear that SsangYong will be offered only in premium pricing in India and that's how they've planned to position the products too. M&M also plans to venture into US only through SsangYong and under the brand Mahindra. We can expect the other products of SsangYong like Korando, Chairman etc., launched in India later to take on the premium SUVs market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
What have they done to the bolero. It looks like a bigger version of a wagonR. Just my opinion.
This is not Bolero. M&M have not said anything about any upgrade or discontinuing Bolero. This their new product TUV3oo. Though I agree that the looks are much like sophisticated Bolero.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th September 2015 at 11:32. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
rajkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 12:26   #559
BHPian

I fervently hope that this is not as tall as the quanto. If it its its dead on arrival.
Old 4th September 2015, 13:56   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
I fervently hope that this is not as tall as the quanto. If it its its dead on arrival.
Me too. It looks much bigger not sure if its less than 4m actually. Proportions will be all over the place if the width and height is too much. In the pics it looks taller than innova. Imagine a tall innova which is less than 4m. That would be plain ugly.
Old 4th September 2015, 15:46   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What a teaser! your tank like vehicle hit a card board fort door and vehicle components start flying!!
Looks like both inserts on the bumper just flew off from the Mahindra 'Tank'

Or was a deliberate attempt??
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-picture2.jpg  

vinair is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 17:09   #562
BHPian

OhMiGod, what did I just see, Rohit Shetty must be mighty impressed with that one, or was he behind this ? We might as well see a fleet of TUV 3 Double Ohhs s flying high in the sky in Singham 3.

Fail to understand how this is going to help Mahindra woo their target audience ( sure they are not just stuntmen). Anyways, if Mahindra can do a ‘cheetah’ for a 15 lakhs XUV, this is still fine.
Old 4th September 2015, 17:22   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra adds one more to their 'bizarre advertisements' hall of fame.

Getting SMS from local M&M dealer that booking is open for TUV300 since afternoon.
Old 4th September 2015, 18:09   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Mahindra adds one more to their 'bizarre advertisements' hall of fame.
Bizarre?, But why? Mahindra has some of the best advertisements, the Scorpio, or the XUV or even the Live Young!
LoneRidder is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 18:57   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Bizarre?, But why? Mahindra has some of the best advertisements, the Scorpio, or the XUV or even the Live Young!
+1 to that. Even their 2 wheeler advs are quite good.
We will have to wait for the full commercial to be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What a teaser! your tank like vehicle hit a card board fort door and vehicle components start flying!!
Good catch Latheesh. I wonder how could the adv agency shooting the film missed it. I am sure Mahindra is having a close look on the thread and will take corrective action.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2015 at 08:46. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 4th September 2015, 22:06   #566
BHPian

Some crude attempts from my end

Mahindra meets Sumo Grande
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-1.jpg

Mahindra meets Hyundai
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-3.jpg

Mahindra meets Ford
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-4.jpg

Apologies for the rather crude attempt
sachinayak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 22:49   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Not at all, in fact these look good actually. Infact had to go back and see the real scoop pic to see how the TUV300 really looks like after seeing you pics.

Anyway, coming back to the Tuv300 waiting eagerly for the launch. The base variant looks too good especially with optiona airbags and ABS, but pray the engine tune is 100BHP and not 80 as reported.
Old 5th September 2015, 00:40   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
My personal opinion,
snip

In fact I still cannot understand why that Suppandi styled rear-slanting design.

snip
It looks like Suppandi went out of character and had a ride in a Range Rover Evoque. This is'nt evoquative because of that body coloured C-pillar.
Old 5th September 2015, 00:40   #569
BHPian

Its not bad looking but something about face of it which quite does not suit it.

Anyways, subtle mods from my PS to make this a slightly better looking in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv300.jpg  

iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 07:28   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Sachin - The Sumo Grande effort does make the 300 look good to my eyes compared to the Hyundai/Ford option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
pray the engine tune is 100BHP and not 80 as reported.
Spoke to the dealer a few days back. Engine is supposed to be a new design with 80 PS and 230 Nm. Hopefully it is not true especially the PS part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Anyways, subtle mods from my PS to make this a slightly better looking in my opinion.
The second mod looks good and gives a 300 a little more character.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks