Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2015, 23:04   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

What I really don't understand is why the forum suddenly is having less tolerance towards people calling what they feel is spade a spade?
The moment someone says something bad about a car it is seen as bashing!! We saw this in some other threads too.

And why is it wrong to feel this car looks bad atleast from what is being shown till now (pls note, I dont feel its all that bad. It seems ok to me). If we are entitled to have opinions only after a car is launched, then what is the point of having threads like these?

I feel it is perfectly OK to share what one feels and if tomorrow you realise you were wrong, accept it correct yourself and move on.

Last edited by vibbs : 30th August 2015 at 23:06. Reason: Corrected typo
vibbs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 23:04   #497
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

From the photographs it appears more to be a new avatar of Quanto or rather a Xylo than anything else. Bolero has remained the top selling model from the Mahindra's stable. It has recorded quite decent sales all the over the country. Whether it is in the cities or in the rural belts, Bolero has sold like hot cakes. Bolero's overall designing and build has been liked by one and all. And now with this next generation TUV300 coming into scenario, its difficult to comprehend what the designers at Mahindra & Mahindra are upto.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 23:16   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The traits that defines ones own "SUV" are upto each individual.
Water wading is a very important factor for sure. But here i considered only one but crucial aspect, a certain level of offroading; something that makes a difference & differentiates between segments when a 2WD suv has its powered wheels spinning in mud & the unpowered ones sitting helpless on a rock. To me, that's no sport. The line of thought will be totally different person to person, no disagreement there.

Hope this TUV gets to satisfy its intended market, under any moniker.

Last edited by SandyX : 30th August 2015 at 23:18.
Old 30th August 2015, 23:24   #499
Senior - BHPian

She needs a new hair cut and He needs to loose weight!

Oh sorry for the distractions, back to the TUV topic.

Below are few on my personal observation.

1. Nice thoughts and design, poorly executed.
2. MM should introduce to the public, the actual design team of MM.
3. Its not bad to take help and get inspired by other vehicles on the road.
4. Urban populace is the target audience.
5. Wanna be SUV.
6. It is definitely NOT a Tough one!
7. It just pure marketing, nothing else.

In summary, It's a typical Anu Malik song inspiration
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-corportate-world.jpg  

Parm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 08:45   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
What I really don't understand is why the forum suddenly is having less tolerance towards people calling what they feel is spade a spade?
The moment someone says something bad about a car it is seen as bashing!! We saw this in some other threads too.

And why is it wrong to feel this car looks bad atleast from what is being shown till now (pls note, I dont feel its all that bad. It seems ok to me). If we are entitled to have opinions only after a car is launched, then what is the point of having threads like these?

I feel it is perfectly OK to share what one feels and if tomorrow you realise you were wrong, accept it correct yourself and move on.
Hi Vibbs,

Most of us here are not objecting to people criticizing the design. That is completely okay.

What is not praiseworthy is people commenting about Mahindra's abilities just because it is an Indian company. Some have already decided that the vehicle will be crap even before it's launch.

We have seen bad designs from many popular companies like Maruti, Toyota and Nissan. The criticism is controlled over there because those car are "supposed" to be better because they are phoren cars.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 31st August 2015 at 08:49.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 09:13   #501
BHPian

Is this the next-generation Mahindra Bolero (U301)? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post

I wonder what would have happened if the Swift, which is a success story, was launched now. I am sure that most of our members would have declared it a failure.

Lets wait and watch!

Well quoted! Many a times I end up liking some song after it has been played on Radios, TV's again and again. Many funny or strange worded song have ended up being on the top charts. Although same analogy applies here, top execs coming out and boasting comments such as हट के, मर्दोवाली sounds way out of line and exaggerated.

We should be more concerned about the negative comments such as high roll over anticipation. I remember same comment was made on Xylo! Hope the statistics or analysis on TUV being more prone to rollover is untrue! Would like to see some meaningful discussion on that.

Would it be so because the length is sub 4m or would a Honda CRV be more prone to flips?

Or is it the Body on Frame that would make this kind of vehicle rollover on a sudden break?

Nevertheless let's wait and watch. It's only next week before the launch and hopefully an authentic classy TeamBHP review without much wait soon after the launch!

Last edited by TMRT : 31st August 2015 at 09:31.
TMRT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:06   #502
BHPian

@vibbs - Unnecessary bashing of our home grown company or for that matter any company before even launching its product will surely take a toll on its sales especially since it's going on in a very reputed forum like ours where many thousands (projected value) following our opinions and reviews decide to rule out a car more than buy a car.
Everyone has an opinion but let's wait before we throw any of that before even knowing fully about the product.
printh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:11   #503
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please stick to the topic. No more off-topic posts please.

Thanks to Chetan Gaur for sharing this. Black cladding & smoked alloys added to the scoop image:

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-unnamed.jpg
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:37   #504
BHPian

Any clue about the in-cabin comfort, noise or trim levels?
I know they ain't going to win a beauty pageant with this but still may draw some folks.

Initially the newer gen Scorpio too had a lot of bad press around it but it is sailing through indeed comfortably.
Old 31st August 2015, 10:48   #505
BHPian

That does look better. But I still do not like it. I guess addition of those would increase costs and Mahindra wouldn't be able to price it at the level they intend to.
Probably it would look okay in person.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 31st August 2015 at 10:58.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:28   #506
BHPian

Here is my assumption of standard accessories.

1. OE Side footbaords
2. OE Big Plastic Cladding on the doors

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv300accessories.png
rajeshsundaram is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 14:03   #507
BHPian

Variant details from Autocar website.

Mahindra TUV300 T4:

1. Three paint shade options (silver, black and red)
2. ABS and front airbags (optional)

Mahindra TUV300 T6:

1. Three paint shade options (white, silver and black)
2. To come with body coloured bumpers, door handles and wing mirrors
3. AMT gearbox (optional)

Mahindra TUV300 T8:

1. Six paint shade options (red, white, silver, black, blue and orange)
2. Alloy wheels, ABS and airbags
3. AMT gearbox (optional)

Last edited by ashok_lat : 31st August 2015 at 14:05.
ashok_lat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 14:21   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

If priced around 7lakhs with the ABS/airbag options ticked, the T4 looks good VFM, only that white colour is not available.

And going by Mahindras past the only thing I will miss is the front armrests and tachometer.
Old 31st August 2015, 14:54   #509
Team-BHP Support

Dealers have started accepting bookings for the TUV300.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 15:00   #510
Senior - BHPian

The design is too slab sided and ugly in my opinion especially the rear. The side profile is okay but the front is too close to Bolero and that in my opinion isn't state of the art or contemporary.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks