Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2015, 14:34   #406

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Thank you for the images. Something is a miss here in the styling. I wouldn't be surprised if they plonk in the quanto engine. If so, I am quiet curious how Mahindra intends to market this. Well it won't be a head turner but will be cutting it close to the quanto. I think this will replace the xylo and the quanto which is not doing so well. The current bolero is a hit with the rural, semi urban and the commercial division especially the long base bolero and the pick up version. So doubtful they will tamper with it so soon. Well at this point all is under speculation. Thanks.
Old 28th August 2015, 14:52   #407
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Wow, yes the camouflage did do its job to disguise the TUV300 until now. The real version definitely looks better than anticipated. I think it should have been kept to 5 seater rather than trying to cramped in 7 seats which might make the overall package a bit too tight at these dimensions. Will look forward for this one. next month. Hope the drive dynamics, handling, interiors, fit & finish are all upto the mark and more importantly pricing should be right.
Old 28th August 2015, 14:56   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post

Attached find the pics of TUV 300 being tested at Bikaner yesterday. They stopped from taking pics from inside. The Red one is with 6 speed auto transmission.
Thanks mate, very nice scoop.

Frankly speaking, its a nice looking car and Kudos to Mahindra for this. Its plane jane but its nice, surely attractive design. I like such cars more to be very frank. I prefer design on Vento anyday over curvy Verna, Wagon R I like more any day than Eon. I guess this will be spacious 5 seater car. Good that they have not taken anything from Quanto in design. It will be good SUVish car for rough usage. If priced rightly, Mahindra can get very good success, specially from tier II and III cities as well as in rural area. All the best Mahindra, price it aggressively
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 15:01   #409
Senior - BHPian

I am puzzled looking at the comments after the scoop pic

Is it just me who feels something weird in the side profile of this thing !! The lines are all over and no pattern. Looks like M&M had bunch of designers focusing on each panel independently without talking to each other.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 15:10   #410
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pictures. Heavily inspired by Jeep in the front. The side profile is pretty bland and the tail better not to mention. Looks like the designers started from the front and ended abruptly to meet the 4 meter target length.

This is where the Creta wins on the design front as it wasn't limited buy the 4 meter target.

So where is the tank in this design. Left to the imagination of the designers?

Really expected better considering M&M has also designed the XUV.

Is the auto an AMT or Torque converter box?
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 15:17   #411
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2015 at 13:28.
autohead115 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th August 2015, 15:17   #412
Senior - BHPian

Looks dull really. The rear especially has the chopped off Quanto looks. Not sure a urban young family would like to own this car. M&M will either put too many curves like the XUV or do a slab based design.
Old 28th August 2015, 16:00   #413
BHPian

My personal opinion,
I find the vehicle more like a re-engineered Quanto. Not something I seem to like very much. They lost it after the B-Pillar.

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-picture1.jpg
In fact I still cannot understand why that Suppandi styled rear-slanting design.

And something which it might need to help a wee bit, as mentioned by others before me.
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-picture2.jpg

Last edited by karpusv : 28th August 2015 at 16:07.
karpusv is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 16:13   #414
BHPian

This is what you get when a Yeti crosses a cheetah!! Unimpressed
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 16:35   #415
BHPian

I think the tag line 'tank inspired design' has put in some great expectations among the bhpians. Other than that I really don't see anything wrong in the design.

How the car looks is absolutely individuals choice. Looks are subjective. I think we should refrain from hurling bricks and bats on the new cars before they are launched.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 16:37   #416
BHPian

I guess this is how the Quanto should have been from DAY 1.

I am still not gaga over this design but its pretty acceptable. I strongly feel that Mahindra should seriously considering lowering their ride height. It looks highly un-proportioned in all their designs except for XUV5oo. I guess monocoque helped there.

This surely seems Ladder on frame. And if it is the way it seems, I can guarantee excessive body roll and nose dive on braking. On the over-all, if this is priced right Mahindra surely has 3000-3500 per month player at its hands.

Design Front-
They should use lateral taillamp design like on the fortuner compared to this small longitudinal one. That will give it a sense of width. My two cents.

Sahil

Last edited by don_carmaster : 28th August 2015 at 16:40.
Old 28th August 2015, 16:49   #417
Senior - BHPian

Looks good.. hope its as spacious as Quanto.
Old 28th August 2015, 16:54   #418

Looks 'inspired' from too many vehicles. The front grill in particular is quite similar to the jeep- but at least it looks really good.
Have to admit that the rear looks similar to the quanto in the pictures. But having seen it in person, I did not find it to be as ill-proportioned as the quanto.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-makyajlijeepcompass2014.jpg  

Ikart is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 16:55   #419
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I thought I'd seen something similar in the US on earlier trips - yes it's the Scion xB, (Scion has more rounded wheel arches and is much better looking of course! )
And here's a picture of the Scion xB that I think the TUV300 has a good resemblance to
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-scion-2015.jpg
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 17:11   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
And something which it might need to help a wee bit, as mentioned by others before me.
Attachment 1408346
Wow, the black cladding does improve the side profile tremendously. It helps to distract from the rather boring rear end. Adds a bit of character even. I hope the M&M design team are looking at this

is it possible to add such cladding as an after market accessory?
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks