Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 23:04   #316

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

I have a feeling that M&M will release an AWD version of this TUV300 later with higher HP rating. Probably 100HP. Otherwise why would they design a vehicle that is capable of including an AWD system.
vedapudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 00:11   #317
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

All the 12 features point towards one word...

TAXI!
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv300.jpg  

Parm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 09:36   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the TUV3OO, seen before its launch. Shades of Quanto can't be missed in the side profile.

Mahindra believes,
Quote:
The TUV300 is one of the most eagerly anticipated launches of this year. Signifying a true ‘Make-in-India’ product, the design of the TUV300 is inspired by a battle tank. We are confident that this product launch will create excitement in the market as well as amongst our customers
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-untitled1.png
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-untitled.png

http://fly-wheel.com/category/news/

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th August 2015 at 09:39.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 09:51   #319
BHPian

It doesn't look all that bad. But the most important thing is the engine, gearbox combination, nvh levels and planted ride. If they nail all of it Mahindra has a winner in their hands. Wishing them success.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 09:58   #320
BHPian

Anyways, just a thought, if there were to be a sporty version of this TUV, would it be called S-TUV?!!
Or maybe an even more sporty version as RS-TUV!!! :
Or then, an extreme adventure version called TUV-WX!! :
(maybe "World-Cross" or some other shit suffix like that)

Last edited by mukul32 : 19th August 2015 at 10:13.
mukul32 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:26   #321
BHPian

Is this the next-generation Mahindra Bolero (U301)? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300

The pics posted above does look good. The silhouette is not bad like the Quanto. The car does not seem under tired either. If it rides well and has reasonable safety kit, it would definitely be something to consider while buying a new car. Hope the build is not as flimsy as some of the models recently introduced by some mainstream manufacturers. (I am not referring to SCross and Creta here. The reviews suggest that they are well built.) I don't care much about the name of the car. Be it XUVTUVWXYZ, I hope to see a car that can justify its price tag. We are taken for royal rides by all manufacturers these days. High time the home grown manufactures show the others what "value for money" actually means. I always thought XUV was over priced. But after seeing the prices of Creta and SCross 320, I have suddenly started seeing immense value in the XUV. Hope the general public accepts the car well. Wish Mahindra good luck.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 19th August 2015 at 10:28.
DieselAddikt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:37   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The more I look at the TUV300 teaser picture, I think that the tank that they say inspired them was this:
This would have made a Monday feel like weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
All the 12 features point towards one word...
TAXI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the TUV3OO, seen before its launch. Shades of Quanto can't be missed in the side profile
Seems to be another disappointment, the actual profile does not do any justice to the sketches and the "Tank" inspiration...
Old 19th August 2015, 12:10   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
The pics posted above does look good. The silhouette is not bad like the Quanto. The car does not seem under tired either. If it rides well and has reasonable safety kit, it would definitely be something to consider while buying a new car.
Well said mate. People are happy to shell huge sums for so called branded products and failing realize the value for money aspect. I agree that the quality levels of the home grown manufacturers are much lower compared to their foreign counterparts.

The launch of TUV300 is just three weeks away, so can we wait till we see the product in flesh? In the past, we have seen instances where the initial impressions were proven wrong.

Just my personal opinion.
MaxTorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 12:27   #324
BHPian

Hi Team
this is my first post on this forum
Yesterday evening while going back from office, saw the test vehicle of TUV 3OO. Location is the traffic signal at nice road junction on hosur road. I am on the service lane and the vehicle is on main road, so could not get much clear pics than the ones i had managed.

To my eyes, it didn't look bad at all. Not sure if the dark cladding had a role to play, but i didn't find it awkward looking like a quanto. The bonnet and grill part is really good with butch looks. I had already seen the spy pics with partial camouflage on the forum, so could make out the design elements of the grill and head lights. Vehicle has good height as can be seen in one of the pics with a guy on motorbike next to it and has more than enough head room inside. Not sure about the squarish wheel arches though, need to see it in real life with lighter shade body colour. Could not follow it thereafter as they had taken the nice road entry and am driving straight.

Thanks
Sasi Kiran N
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150818_194453.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150818_194535.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150818_194555.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20150818_194440.jpg  

sasi@8689 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 15:19   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi@8689 View Post

To my eyes, it didn't look bad at all. Not sure if the dark cladding had a role to play
Maybe Mahindra is considering giving the camouflage free since it serves the purpose of (a) giving it military look and (b) masks the eyesore.

Ok. Maybe I'm being too harsh. The TUV300 needs to have a great engine if it is to go up against the Duster and EcoSport, unlike the current modified Quanto mill. Now, the million $ is how do they price it.
Old 19th August 2015, 16:50   #326
BHPian

After all the bashing and negativeness that the TUV has received from our members, finally a few have mentioned their support for the TUV. I fail to realize how we members quickly judge a product without seeing it in its full entity and understanding it fully. This is a forum of automobile enthusiasts and is a benchmark for a lot of people, members and non members alike. Denouncing a product even before it has been released, I feel it smacks of bias - No offence to anybody. Let the product come out, test it, admire it, feel it, love or hate it and then call a spade a spade.

If it is bad, its bad; if it is good, its good; if it is mediocre so be it. The way M & M have gone about launching this product does bring a smile but does it mean that the product is bad?

Do keep in mind that they have managed to bring out quite a few good products. Even the Quanto and Xylo is liked by a lot of people. Won't we be forced to eat our words if the product is good and manages to set the sales chart on fire? Food for thought!

Disclaimer: No, I don't work for M&M.
ksmrsm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 17:16   #327
Senior - BHPian

With every other snap of this vehicle being revealed, the more it hits that sweet mental chord of something old school being given life. The proportions, the overhangs, the wheel base and the ground clearance all of which just begs at Mahindra to not make the mistake of launching this without a part-time 4WD system with a Low-range transfer case.
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 17:21   #328
Team-BHP Support

Just thinking out loud, is it a smart way of marketing and creating hype by pushing the camo'ed cars all around india?

Am sure they would have completed the testing long back if the launch is in September. Or are they still fine tuning all the niggles

Jokes apart i like the overall proportions, now if the interiors right, has proper 4x4 underpinnings and priced right i see a Thar killer!

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th August 2015 at 17:22.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 17:51   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Maybe Mahindra is considering giving the camouflage free since it serves the purpose of (a) giving it military look and (b) masks the eyesore.

Ok. Maybe I'm being too harsh. The TUV300 needs to have a great engine if it is to go up against the Duster and EcoSport, unlike the current modified Quanto mill. Now, the million $ is how do they price it.
Can understand the frustration after seeing a design like quanto (no offence meant for the owners please). Actually, I was waiting adjacent to the vehicle at the signal and was trying to see if it would look abrupt like quanto, but it didn't. May be the because of a full fledged rear quarter glass (unlike quanto) or may be because of a high set bonnet and grill design, it looked pretty okay to me. Infact, if i had not seen the rear view which is a perfect square with a wheel on the door which distantly reminded me of the quanto, i would have confidently said this vehicle looks pretty good.

We need to wait for the day light real life pics as a camouflaged vehicle shot during night time hardly gives an accurate impression
Old 19th August 2015, 18:03   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
With every other snap of this vehicle being revealed, the more it hits that sweet mental chord of something old school being given life. The proportions, the overhangs, the wheel base and the ground clearance all of which just begs at Mahindra to not make the mistake of launching this without a part-time 4WD system with a Low-range transfer case.
Exactly... If they launch just a Front Wheel Drive version, they are going to miss a good opportunity. In other words, the customers who are looking for a good off-road+on-road vehicle will miss it. I know a lot of people who wanted to get the Thar but decided against it because they could not securely close it. I know that is not a real "Jeep" thing. But most people want to install a good HU and expensive speakers and also want to secure their luggage and family when they are on a long trip. So a lot of my friends did not buy the Thar even though they liked everything about it. Their decisions were completely in view of the security issues they may have. There always was the Bolero that one could look up to. But that engine was a pain for highway cruising as well as quick overtaking on single lane roads (Kerala has lot of those roads). This could be the answer for those people if they can launch a 4*4 version. I might like to get one too if it rides well. My car has already done more than 1L kms and it is time to start looking for a replacement.
DieselAddikt is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks